Author Topic: De Blasio Doesn’t Want You Smoking in Your Own Home  (Read 403 times)

rangerrebew

De Blasio Doesn’t Want You Smoking in Your Own Home
« on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »
- The PJ Tatler - http://pjmedia.com/tatler -

De Blasio Doesn’t Want You Smoking in Your Own Home

Posted By Liz Sheld On June 30, 2015 @ 4:55 am In Politics | 7 Comments

The New York Post has learned that NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is going to “ramp” up the city’s war against smoking…at home.

If you live in New York, here is where you city tax dollars are going:

The administration is planning to select and pay four health-advocacy groups $9,000 apiece to pressure landlords and developers to prohibit smoking in their apartment complexes so neighboring tenants don’t inhale secondhand smoke.

And the result of this campaign is:

…smokers would be barred from lighting up in one of their last sanctuaries: their own living quarters. Smoking is already banned in public places, including bars and restaurants, workplaces, sports venues and parks.

Health department commissars say, “Everyone benefits from smoke-free housing. Residents enjoy breathing cleaner, healthier air in their homes . . . while owners see reductions in property damage and turnover costs.”

So it’s for your own good.

Right now, the initiative is voluntary — but it won’t be for long as these nanny-staters love to micromanage your life. I wonder what other things de Blasio plans to regulate in your own home.

Also read:

Should Pregnant Women Who Smoke Be Fined for Endangering Their Children?

Article printed from The PJ Tatler: http://pjmedia.com/tatler

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/06/30/de-blasio-doesnt-want-you-smoking-in-your-own-home/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: De Blasio Doesn’t Want You Smoking in Your Own Home
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 07:14:02 pm »
Ah - the health police. The only acceptable form of discrimination by the left.
And the tools will lap it up. It's only smokers, after all. It's for their own good.

de Blasio or whatever name you are going by this week - sod off. My home, I own it, I'll bloody well smoke in it. And my yard. And my car, irrespective of who is in it. The operative word here is mine. So - my choice. Not yours.

I'll smoke in the damned street as well. My taxes pay for it. It's mine.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 07:17:51 pm »
And the tools will lap it up. It's only smokers, after all. It's for their own good.

de Blasio or whatever name you are going by this week - sod off. My home, I own it, I'll bloody well smoke in it. And my yard. And my car, irrespective of who is in it. The operative word here is mine. So - my choice. Not yours.

Clearly, you are racist, bigoted, and in general a misanthrope.

You will not like the new America.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 07:29:14 pm »

What you do to and with your own body matters to a state which believes it owns it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 07:49:31 pm »
What you do to and with your own body matters to a state which believes it owns it.

It seems that many people have yet to discover what others have long warned about: when the State provides your health care, it can tell you what and what not to do with your body.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:00 pm »
I'm glad I don't live in NYC. I might have to take up smoking.  *bleah!*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:14:09 pm »
De Blasio can kiss my grits.

....in Nordstrom's window.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 01:44:58 am »
[[ The administration is planning to select and pay four health-advocacy groups $9,000 apiece to pressure landlords and developers to prohibit smoking in their apartment complexes so neighboring tenants don’t inhale secondhand smoke. ]]

Don't worry about it, folks.

I'm sure they only are talking about -tobacco- smoke.

Not the smoke from "the other stuff"...