Author Topic: Will Democrats keep hammering the Kochs?  (Read 827 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Will Democrats keep hammering the Kochs?
« on: May 30, 2015, 05:00:32 am »
 (CNN)As the Senate's top Democrat, Harry Reid has loved nothing more than attacking the Koch brothers and their influence over politics.

Now Democrats have to decide how to wage that battle without him.

Heading into last year's elections, the Nevada Democrat delighted in repeatedly slamming Charles and David Koch -- using the Senate floor to call them "un-American" and accuse them of "trying to buy America" -- as he flaunted the mega-donors' ties to the GOP. But many of the candidates backed by the Kochs won in 2014, Democrats lost control of the Senate, and Reid will retire at the end of next year.

Setbacks aside, Reid insists he has no regrets about his strategy and doesn't plan to back down during his remaining time on Capitol Hill. In a brief interview recently, he told CNN he will go after the Kochs "as much as I can" before retiring.

But once he's gone, will a new Democratic ringleader take over Reid's mission of casting the Kochs as modern political villains?

Sen. Chuck Schumer, in line to take Reid's job in 2017, declined to comment when asked about the Koch brothers. Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin said his party shouldn't "ever back away" from scrutinizing the Kochs. But pressed on whether he has any interest in assuming Reid's role of chief antagonist, the senator from Illinois chuckled: "It isn't as though Harry hands the baton off to anyone."

Hillary Clinton, the presumed Democratic presidential front-runner, has yet to mention the Kochs publicly since launching her second White House bid. She has, however, indicated plans to help raise money for a pro-Clinton super PAC that Democrats hope could rival the Kochs' fundraising prowess.

Meanwhile, the Kochs are doubling down.

The billionaire industrialists seem more eager than ever to flex their muscles in 2016, an election cycle that is certain to cement their status as two of the most powerful Republican donors in an era of virtually unlimited outside political spending.

Read more: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/28/politics/koch-brothers-2016/index.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Will Democrats keep hammering the Kochs?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 06:23:35 am »
They haven't got anything else.  The rats are running retreads.  From Hillary to the guys who lost their Senate bids 6 years ago like Russ Feingold in WI( who lost to my outstanding Senator Ron Johnson 6 years ago.)  Russ has been living in CA for the last 3 years.  But it's what the rats got.

The fact is attacking the Koch brothers brings in the donations to the DNC....it doesn't change a vote.  I am thankful this is all the rats can come up with.  They have no ideas except protect Obamacare.  The rats are hoping Hitlary will be Bill Clinton's third term, but Hillary will be Obama 3.0(now with breasts).

Hitlary is not Bubba Clinton.  She don't triangulate...but she's what the rats got.  So she will be the nominee.

Now look at the deep field the GOP has.  The clown candidate to credible candidate ratio is much lower this time around and we have some real diamonds in the mix. 

Let them go after the Koch brothers.  It's a loser's strategy.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Will Democrats keep hammering the Kochs?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »
They haven't got anything else.  The rats are running retreads.  From Hillary to the guys who lost their Senate bids 6 years ago like Russ Feingold in WI( who lost to my outstanding Senator Ron Johnson 6 years ago.)  Russ has been living in CA for the last 3 years.  But it's what the rats got.

The fact is attacking the Koch brothers brings in the donations to the DNC....it doesn't change a vote.  I am thankful this is all the rats can come up with.  They have no ideas except protect Obamacare.  The rats are hoping Hitlary will be Bill Clinton's third term, but Hillary will be Obama 3.0(now with breasts).

Hitlary is not Bubba Clinton.  She don't triangulate...but she's what the rats got.  So she will be the nominee.

Now look at the deep field the GOP has.  The clown candidate to credible candidate ratio is much lower this time around and we have some real diamonds in the mix. 

Let them go after the Koch brothers.  It's a loser's strategy.

I agree..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/