Author Topic: Armed Bikers to Hold Mohammed Contest Outside Cartoon Gunmen’s Mosque  (Read 5658 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
PHOENIX -- Local police and the FBI say they're aware that a man is planning a rally outside a Phoenix mosque during Friday prayer services that will include a contest of drawings depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

On May 3, two men tried to ambush participants at a similar event in the Dallas suburb of Garland, Tex., shooting a security guard before they were killed by police.

Jon Ritzheimer told CBS Phoenix affiliate KPHO he organized the rally outside the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix because the Texas gunmen had worshiped there.

Describing himself as "just a blatant, blunt, outspoken Marine," Ritzheimer told the station the Texas shooting struck a nerve.

"I appreciate the mosque did come out and they condemned the two gunman," he said. "They've come out and they've condemned ISIS."

According to Ritzheimer, the mosque hasn't done enough since the attack.

"People call them an extremist. To me, it's just a Muslim following their book as it's written," he said.

"These are the measures that we have to take to expose the true colors of this religion," Ritzheimer continued. "Unfortunately, we have to hold the cartoon contest, as silly as it sounds, to be able to show the true colors of Islam."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/phoenix-man-targets-mosque-with-muhammad-cartoon-contest/

Dick.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:54:40 pm by mystery-ak »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Phoenix mosque to be target of Muhammad cartoon contest
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:17:42 am »
Armed Bikers to Hold Mohammed Contest Outside Cartoon Gunmen’s Mosque
Daniel Greenfield

The Garland Jihadists couldn’t cope with an off duty cop with a handgun. Now the Mohammed cartoon contest is coming to their mosque back in Arizona courtesy of RidersUSA, a patriotic biker group.

ROUND 2!!!!!!! This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ. This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad. Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen.

This Islamic Community Center is a known place that the 2 terrorist frequented. People are also encouraged to utilize there second amendment right at this event just in case our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack.

1. Date will be Friday May 29th @ 6:15pm. This is when they normally host a large prayer.

2. Bikers will meet at the Event!

3. There will be a Muhammad Cartoon Contest and the winner will be announced at the Rally.

John Ritzheimer, a former Marine behind the event, has received death threats, but he isn’t backing down.

more at:  http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/armed-bikers-to-hold-mohammed-contest-outside-cartoon-gunmens-mosque/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 11:22:18 am »
http://ridersusa.net/  Riders USA website.

Far from being Sons of Anarchy, IMO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 01:35:25 pm »
Even good people can do stupid things.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
btt
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 04:18:53 pm »
Even good people can do stupid things.

Yeah, that's true. 

However, the First Amendment wasn't meant to protect uncontroversial speech.  Just the opposite.

It's there to protect unpopular speech.  And to ensure freedom of expression.

And as we go 'dancing' into the future here in the USA, it's more important to remind everybody of that.

And to hold it right in front of the mosque responsible for 'creating' the two goobers that attacked Pamela Geller's event in Garland, Texas?   

PRICELESS!  (In the truest sense of the word)

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 04:40:36 pm »
Yeah, that's true. 

However, the First Amendment wasn't meant to protect uncontroversial speech.  Just the opposite.

And as we go 'dancing' into the future here in the USA, it's more important to remind everybody of that.

And to hold it right in front of the mosque responsible for 'creating' the two goobers that attacked Pamela Geller's event in Garland, Texas?   

Yes, the 1st Amendment does protect controversial speech with a number of exceptions.  And yes, it also protects stupid people...most of the time.   :whistle:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 12:27:38 am »
Yes, the 1st Amendment does protect controversial speech with a number of exceptions.  And yes, it also protects stupid people...most of the time.   :whistle:

What limit yourself to drawing Mohammed?

If you're going to go full retard, why not pee on a Koran...burn it...and then use the ashes as warpaint?

Drawing cartoons is so last month.  Pfft.

[credit to Sublimecraft - ATS]    :laugh:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 01:22:11 am »
why not pee on a Koran...burn it...and then use the ashes as warpaint?

I have done all of that. i have pissed in their mouth, and stuff bacon up their ass, just to make sure. i wanted to make sure that they would not go to heaven.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 01:31:56 am »
I have done all of that. i have pissed in their mouth, and stuff bacon up their ass, just to make sure. i wanted to make sure that they would not go to heaven.

'Sorry' to hear that, 240B.  But, I'm sure you have your reasons and in your mind, it's justified.

I'm comparing the planned event to Westboro Church, deliberately congregating at the most sensitive places to shout epitaphs at burial services for KIA military.

If any of the family members were to put one of the protestors in the hospital, they'd be charged and jailed.

Furthermore, it seems to be okay for the asshat Bill Maher to call Sarah Palin or Ann Coulter the "C" word and he gets 'rewarded' with new contracts and is given a complete pass.

Freedom of Speech means just that. 

Offline Paladin

Ritzheimer was interviewed by Anderson Cooper about this event. He proved to be less than articulate but Cooper and a CNN reporter proved to be in a dither about what is being planned. They seemed to be very upset Ritzheimer & Co. were sure to offend the Muzzies a sentiment I don't recall them expressing over "Piss Christ" or "The Holy Virgin Mary", the painting showing a black Madonna which incorporated elephant dung as part of the medium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDc_6nioI7o
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 02:24:08 am »
What limit yourself to drawing Mohammed?

If you're going to go full retard, why not pee on a Koran...burn it...and then use the ashes as warpaint?

Drawing cartoons is so last month.  Pfft.

Indeed!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 03:51:06 am »
Yeah, that's true. 

The First Amendment forbids the government from enacting (to a degree) laws that limit your speech.

That's it... no more.

These people's Free Speech rights end at the edge of that Mosque's property.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:52:15 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

"The Blaze" is reporting the demonstrations were tense but peaceful.

A “free speech” protest was held in Phoenix Friday evening, with anti-Islam protesters gathering to demonstrate outside a mosque following a “draw Muhammad” contest.

While tense, the protest appeared to remain peaceful as participants clashed with mosque supporters who came out to hold a counter-demonstration.

Police divided anti-Islam protesters from counter-demonstrators. Members of both parties, however, engaged in heated shouting matches across the police line.

Many anti-Islam protesters could be seen wearing “f*** Islam” shirts and holding similar signs. Those counter-demonstrating held “peace” and “f*** ISIS not Islam” signs.

Organizers of the “free speech” protest had encouraged those who came out to exercise their Second Amendment rights, worrying some about potential for violence. Those who went armed said they were displaying caution in case they were attacked as a similar demonstration was in Garland, Texas.

The chief organizer, former U.S. Marine Jon Ritzheimer, told reporters that he planned to go into hiding following the demonstration because of alleged death threats made against him.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/29/protest-at-phoenix-mosque/

There are a number of pics at the link but be advised some of the signs are quite vulgar (or, in other words, the "f" word does not contain ellipses as above).
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The chief organizer, former U.S. Marine Jon Ritzheimer, told reporters that he planned to go into hiding following the demonstration because of alleged death threats made against him.

When's his book out?  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

When's his book out?  :whistle:

Hmmm.....they probably said the same thing about John Parker and the Minutemen.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minutemen   :pondering:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hey this is awesome! More like this needs to be done. Engage them, bait them, expose them, run them out on a rail.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:00:53 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Hey this is awesome! More like this needs to be done. Engage them, bait them, expose them, run them out on a rail.

Muslims would ultimately win that fight and delegitimize the opposition. Read up on the Fighting Words doctrine limits on the First Amendment.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

Muslims would ultimately win that fight and delegitimize the opposition. Read up on the Fighting Words doctrine limits on the First Amendment.

They're damned words, Luis.  They're not weapons.

If anybody is offended to the point of exacting deadly force, the problem lies between THEIR ears. 

No Catholics killed over Piss Christ.  Or the Virgin Mary decorated with elephant dung.   The Muslims in the West need to get a freaking grip.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

If anybody is offended to the point of exacting deadly force, the problem lies between THEIR ears. 

No Catholics killed over Piss Christ.  Or the Virgin Mary decorated with elephant dung.   The Muslims in the West need to get a freaking grip.

It's the law DC.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Agree with you--except I wouldn't limit Muslims getting a freaking grip to just the West.

Offline DCPatriot

Agree with you--except I wouldn't limit Muslims getting a freaking grip to just the West.

You're right of course, but I was focusing on the emigrating Muslims who choose to live across the pond here in the USA.

Getting to the point that I don't care what they do in their own countries.

Have been watching these no-kill shelters for cats, since I'm about ready to adopt one.   I wish we could have an adoption center for Americans wishing to rescue Christian families out of Iraq and Syria.

Still having 'nightmares' over those damned photos of headless toddlers.   Wish I'd never seen them.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 05:28:12 pm »

What a perfectly good waste of bacon.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

And look at the court rulings when neo-nazis marched thru Skokie, among others. You are extrapolating scenarios that have already been settled by the tumultuous 60's and 70's without any sort of delegitimization you are speculating on. Agitation is a useful tool that the Left uses to this very day.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:00:26 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

And look at the court rulings when neo-nazis marched thru Skokie, among others. You are extrapolating scenarios that have already been settled by the tumultuous 60's and 70's without any sort of delegitimization you are speculating on. Agitation is a useful too that the Left uses to this very day.

Agitation is their middle name, FV!   :beer: