Author Topic: US training of Syria rebel fighters expands to Turkey  (Read 600 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
US training of Syria rebel fighters expands to Turkey
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »
WASHINGTON - The US military has started training Syrian opposition fighters in Turkey to combat Islamic State, expanding a program that first launched in Jordan weeks ago, a US official told Reuters on Thursday.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, did not offer details on the size of the first group of recruits undergoing training in Turkey or the specific start date.

The Pentagon declined comment.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4662522,00.html

Congratulations, USA. You are training IS fighters. Generous of you. If you'll excuse me, I am going to see just how long it takes for me to knock a hole in this brick wall with my head.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: US training of Syria rebel fighters expands to Turkey
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »
WASHINGTON - The US military has started training Syrian opposition fighters in Turkey to combat Islamic State, expanding a program that first launched in Jordan weeks ago, a US official told Reuters on Thursday.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, did not offer details on the size of the first group of recruits undergoing training in Turkey or the specific start date.

The Pentagon declined comment.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4662522,00.html

Congratulations, USA. You are training IS fighters. Generous of you. If you'll excuse me, I am going to see just how long it takes for me to knock a hole in this brick wall with my head.

Don't they really mean they are training Syrian opposition fighters to combat ASSAD?  Isn't that what this is really about?  Syrian fighters who just also happen to be ISIS?  Still trying to implement Arab Spring? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 02:00:39 pm »
Turkey supports ISIS, both covertly and overtly. Which "rebel fighters" are they going to permit in their country?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 02:09:53 pm »
Turkey supports ISIS, both covertly and overtly. Which "rebel fighters" are they going to permit in their country?

It is mind-boggling what these "leaders" are doing right under our noses, in front of the whole world yet - who calls them out for it? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »
Really hard to wait for Obama to go. Nobody knows what he is really up to, and NOBODY trusts him or believes he is acting out of anything good.

When I say nobody trusts him, I mean really nobody. No friend or enemy believes anything Obama says or does. Obama acts only in his own self interest with everything he does. And nobody knows what that self interest is.

We know that he is trying to 'fix' the world in his own vision, and he is going to 'right' all the wrongs of history according to him. And most of Obama's idea of 'wrong' has to do with White people and Christians excelling in everything they do, and Black people and Muslims living in their own shit. He cannot comprehend this since he believes that Blacks and Muslims are so much superior to White people.

So, he is going to fix this obvious wrong turn of reality and history.

But what he is doing in the M.E. with ISIS is a mystery to everyone. He definitely seems to have at least some tacit support for them. And, I guess, he does not like Assad. But who knows? Nobody knows what he is really doing over there.

It will be so freakin' refreshing to get a normal American back in charge, instead of this radical 'black power' hipster. Not electing Romney was a monumental mistake by America that caused so much damage to America itself and to the world. And it caused the deaths of thousands of people who may otherwise be alive today.

And all for some politically correct nonsense. What a shame.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.