Author Topic: With ISIS in Cross Hairs, U.S. Holds Back to Protect Civilians  (Read 956 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/world/middleeast/with-isis-in-crosshairs-us-holds-back-to-protect-civilians.html?referrer=&_r=1

WASHINGTON — American intelligence analysts have identified seven buildings in downtown Raqqa in eastern Syria as the main headquarters of the Islamic State. But the buildings have gone untouched during the 10-month allied air campaign.

And just last week, convoys of heavily armed Islamic State fighters paraded triumphantly through the streets of the provincial capital Ramadi in western Iraq after forcing Iraqi troops to flee. They rolled on unscathed by coalition fighter-bombers.

American and allied warplanes are equipped with the most precise aerial arsenal ever fielded. But American officials say they are not striking significant — and obvious — Islamic State targets out of fear that the attacks will accidentally kill civilians. Killing such innocents could hand the militants a major propaganda coup and alienate both the local Sunni tribesmen, whose support is critical to ousting the militants, and Sunni Arab countries that are part of the American-led coalition.

Offline flowers

Re: With ISIS in Cross Hairs, U.S. Holds Back to Protect Civilians
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:08:16 pm »
The comment section is a interesting read at this article.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 04:57:15 pm »
German ball-bearing and munition manufacturers were located near civilian centers, as were Japanese aircraft production facilities (Mitsubishi) and oil depots.

Guess what?  We bombed them anyway.

That's why we're still here.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »
Obama is never going to kill his fellow Muslims, no matter what they do.

The equivalent would be as if we had a German national as President during WWII. He may or may not disagree with Hitler, but he would still have a hard time bombing his own people. The same with Obama.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:44:06 am »
Obviously dumb question:

If this location is known, why don't the Israelis take out these buildings in a stealthy a mode as Mossad can concoct ...?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:37:55 am »
One word - extraction.

They could get in, sure. Do the actual job, most definitely.

Getting out with all hell breaking loose would be problematic, to say the least.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:01 am »
Nah, Israel is an extremely powerful country. They could make Iran into dirt and rubble if they wanted to. They hold back. They hold back only because I am not in charge.

If I could, if I had the power, I would nuke Iran today, in this very moment. I would kill those mu44therfu8ckers. Today now, i would do it now. Today, and now.

Do it now. Kill those ass-hols, kill them good, kill them hard.

But that is just me. What can you do?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:19:45 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:21:17 am »
Nah, Israel is an extremely powerful country. They could make Iran into dirt and rubble if they wanted to. They hold back. They hold back only because I am not in charge.

If I could, if I had the power, I would nuke Iran today, in this very moment. I would kill those mu44therfu8ckers. Today now, i would do it now. Today, and now.

Do it now. Kill those ass-hols, kill them good, kill them hard.

We don't need to KILL anybody although some may die as a result of what really needs to be done. ALL that really needs doing is to remove the current Mullah regime from power in Iran and replace them with a more reasonable government.

Every bit of this current Middle East turmoil can and should be laid right at the feet of Jimmy Carter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:53:21 am »
i would kill them now. If I could nuke Iran, shit, I would do it now, this very second.

The mullahs all want to die for Allah, and that is great, because I want to kill them for Allah, so we both agree, that I should kill them. OK, I'm good with that.

But seriously, if I had the ability to nuke Iran, I would have killed those stupid bleep yesterday.