Author Topic: E-Cigarette Vapor—Even when Nicotine-Free—Found to Damage Lung Cells  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.the-aps.org/mm/hp/Audiences/Public-Press/2015/25.html

Electronic cigarette (e-cig) use has now surpassed traditional cigarette use among middle and high school students, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This leaves many parents, public health officials and consumers asking whether e-cigarettes are better or worse for lung health than traditional cigarettes. Now, a team of researchers adds its findings to others that suggest nicotine in any form is damaging to lungs. This new research also suggests that non-nicotine-containing e-cig solutions have a damaging effect on lung health, leading researchers to call for more e-cig research.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

Research is worthless unless it's peer reviewed and duplicated.

One thing is certain:  I have read at least a hundred sources testify that e-cigs helped them kick the cigarette habit.

No manner of smoking is good for you, but which are less harmful than regular cigarettes? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Research is worthless unless it's peer reviewed and duplicated.

One thing is certain:  I have read at least a hundred sources testify that e-cigs helped them kick the cigarette habit.

No manner of smoking is good for you, but which are less harmful than regular cigarettes?

I don't think they're saying it is more unhealthy than cigarettes. They just want people to know the e-cigarettes are not good for them either.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This new research also suggests that non-nicotine-containing e-cig solutions have a damaging effect on lung health, leading researchers to call for more e-cig research.
Coming soon: a ban on straws, lollipops and anything that has a long protrusion coming out of the mouth.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:59:43 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024