Author Topic: Jeweler Attacked for Opposing Gay Marriage – After Providing Service for Gay Wedding  (Read 1093 times)

rangerrebew

Jeweler Attacked for Opposing Gay Marriage – After Providing Service for Gay Wedding

By Onan Coca   / 23 May 2015   / 196 Comments   

I guess this whole thing is about more than forcing Christians to take part in gay wedding ceremonies. Now, the gay lobby is simply going to force anyone who disagrees with gay marriage to change their mind or face the consequences. Canadian jeweler Esau Jardon is a Christian who personally opposes same-sex marriage but never turns a customer away. So when a lesbian couple, Nicole White and Pam Renouf, came into his store to buy a pair of engagement rings, he happily obliged. Not only that – the couple was very happy with the work he did!

They were great to work with. They seemed to have no issues. They knew the two of us were a same-sex couple,” White said.

“I referred some of my friends to them, just because I did get some good customer service and they had good prices.”

But then Jardon mad his big mistake. He admitted that he believed in traditional marriage and thought that it should be defended. It was after the lesbian couple had recommended him to another lesbian couple that they learned Jardon was one of the “bad guys.” The second couple visited his store and noticed a sign that read, “The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let’s keep marriage between a man and a woman.”

The couple felt so aggrieved that they stormed out and went directly to their friends to tell them about the horrible jeweler. It was then that the original couple, White and Renouf, returned to demand a full refund from the jeweler, even though they were happy with his work. Apparently, the rings were contaminated by the beliefs of the Christian jeweler and thus the rings were now sullied… or something.

Listen as White recounts their “ordeal”:

"It was really upsetting. Really sad, because we already had money down on [the rings], and they're displaying how much they are against gays, and how they think marriage should be between a man and a woman."

The couple went to the store the following day, and asked about the sign.

"They just said that that's their beliefs, and they think they can put up whatever they want. I just said it was very disrespectful, it's very unprofessional and I wanted a refund," White said.

image: http://cdn1.eaglerising.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/lesbian-couple-300x161.jpg
lesbian couple"I have no issues with them believing in what they believe in. I think everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But I don't think they should put their personal beliefs inside their business."

White and Renouf hope to get a refund when the man who sold them the rings returns to town next month — but it's not guaranteed.

White said the rings were meant to be a symbol of love, but now the bands seem tainted.

"I think every time I look at that ring, I'll probably think of what we just went through," White said.

That’s right, Jardon’s beliefs are disrespectful and unprofessional.

For his part, Jardon says that posting signs about his religious beliefs is a practice he’s been participating in for the last 11 years and he doesn’t plan to stop anytime soon.

Jardon said he won’t apologize for his beliefs.

“I feel really bad that feels that we would in any way try to hurt or discriminate against her, but we will not retract from what we believe. I cannot say, ‘Well because you feel bad, I will stop believing what I believe,’” he said.

“When I walk on Church Street in Toronto, where I am right now, and I see [LGBT rainbow flags], and I see a lot of signs and a lot of things on public property, I don’t have a problem with them. I accept it. I chose to come to Canada… and we accept the whole package… I don’t discriminate against that, nor do I come and tell them to take them down. For the same reason, I ask to have the same respect in return, especially when it’s in my own business.”

Now Jardon says that he will return the money after being bombarded with threats and intimidation.

“One of the reasons my family chose to move to Canada was the rights that it offered, the freedom of religion and freedom of speech, both of which at the time seemed to be very limited in Mexico,” he said.

“However, due to posting our religious beliefs, many people in Newfoundland want us to shut down business — that’s what they’ve been telling us.”

The gay and lesbian community in Canada is, of course, outraged that the jewelers would admit to being Christians and in favor of traditional marriage. It doesn’t matter that the jewelers happily crafted the rings that the lesbian couple wanted… they also have to believe the right way too. This has been the point all along, folks. As we’ve said numerous times, it’s never about what the left says it is; it’s always about something deeper. The gay marriage issue wasn’t about marriage -- it was about normalcy. Forcing Christians to participate in gay wedding ceremonies isn’t about “discrimination” – it’s about forcing Christian to submit and renounce their own moral code.

Which is why it doesn’t matter if the Christian jeweler makes the rings, unless he also professes his belief in the morality and even “goodness” of homosexuality.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/18833/jeweler-attacked-for-opposing-gay-marriage-after-providing-service-for-gay-wedding/#WZa3J05dvdSwuOIk.99

Offline kevindavis007

Pretty soon Churches will have to perform Gay marriages..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This guy is a genius. Gays cannot tolerate ANY form of dissent. It isn't about performing services, it is about you must absolutely support their morality in complete violation of separation of church and state. He just exposed their hypocrisy for all to see.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

There's always a "what's next" with the gay lobby.  And what is next is forcing underground any dissent about the gay lifestyle or gay marriage. Churches will lose tax exemption, ministers will no longer be able to "stand in" for the state as signers of marriage licenses.  Communities will be shamed into enacting ordinances that forbid any sort of language that disagrees with the LGBTQWRETY agenda.

And I fully expect open discrimination against Christians and others who won't honor the gay lifestyle in their churches.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

There's always a "what's next" with the gay lobby.  And what is next is forcing underground any dissent about the gay lifestyle or gay marriage. Churches will lose tax exemption, ministers will no longer be able to "stand in" for the state as signers of marriage licenses.  Communities will be shamed into enacting ordinances that forbid any sort of language that disagrees with the LGBTQWRETY agenda.

And I fully expect open discrimination against Christians and others who won't honor the gay lifestyle in their churches.

I guess the next question is are they going to go after Muslims? I guess we all know the answer..

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Muslims are exempt from all of this PC crap the Left is pushing.

It is the same thing as the Pope. The Left tried to corral the Pope into some Left wing nonsense, and they are doing the same with Islam.

The Left, for some unbelievable reason, thinks they can corral Islam into their Leftist tent. They could not be more wrong. But, in the end, it may be a good thing.

Islam is the death of PC and Leftism. They are too ridiculous to know it. But I say, let them do their thing. Que sera, sera.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
This isn't an attack on anyone, this is the free market at work.

He sold them the rings in spite of his objection to what they symbolize. They now want to return the rings and get their money back. That may or may not happen, it's up to the merchant.

Now they're telling all their friends not to go there to buy their rings. Because of that , he won't be forced to do business that conflicts with his morals and it won't be because he denied anyone anything. In a reciprocal effect, he will gain business from people who agree with him.

The free market rocks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:49:28 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

This isn't an attack on anyone, this is the free market at work.

He sold them the rings in spite of his objection to what they symbolize. They now want to return the rings and get their money back. That may or may not happen, it's up to the merchant.

Now they're telling all their friends not to go there to buy their rings. Because of that , he won't be forced to do business that conflicts with his morals and it won't be because he denied anyone anything. In a reciprocal effect, he will gain business from people who agree with him.

The free market rocks.

True, but you have to understand Canada does not have the free speech protections like we do.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

True, but you have to understand Canada does not have the free speech protections like we do.

His being criticized does not constitute an attack.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

His being criticized does not constitute an attack.

Right, but some pinhead official over there will ask him to take that sign down.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Right, but some pinhead official over there will ask him to take that sign down.

I won't get into fortune telling.

I'm just happy we live here.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote above:
[[ The Left, for some unbelievable reason, thinks they can corral Islam into their Leftist tent. They could not be more wrong. But, in the end, it may be a good thing.
Islam is the death of PC and Leftism. They are too ridiculous to know it. But I say, let them do their thing. ]]

The gay boys and the lesbians are going to get theirs once the muslims seize control.

Let's see how effectively their lifestyle flies in the face of islam...