Author Topic: Franklin Graham: Gates' Call to End Gay Adult Ban Puts Scouts 'at Risk'  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Is an adult male attracted to males - of any age - not a homosexual?

No.

They're a pedophile.

Just as I will not call an adult female who likes little boys a heterosexual.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Is an adult male attracted to males - of any age - not a homosexual?

As an expert panel of researchers convened by the National Academy of Sciences noted in a 1993 report: "The distinction between homosexual and heterosexual child molesters relies on the premise that male molesters of male victims are homosexual in orientation. Most molesters of boys do not report sexual interest in adult men, however" (National Research Council, 1993, p. 143).
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

Keeping in mind that much of 'science' has been taken over by the left and is agenda driven.

Men who molest little boys, especially those who 'love' them (and defend their actions because, after all, who can oppose them for 'who they love?'), can indeed be described as homosexual pedophiles.

The two descriptors are not mutually exclusive, and I would never, ever trust my sons' care on a camping trip to a homosexual male.

I would consider that action to be irresponsible parenting.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

The bottom line here, however, is that this is yet another example of the left's bullying, forcing moral Americans to do what is Biblically forbidden and morally repugnant, and calling us 'haters' for standing on moral principle.

Franklin Graham is absolutely right in calling out Gates for his caving to leftist pressure.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Keeping in mind that much of 'science' has been taken over by the left and is agenda driven.

Men who molest little boys, especially those who 'love' them (and defend their actions because, after all, who can oppose them for 'who they love?'), can indeed be described as homosexual pedophiles.

The two descriptors are not mutually exclusive, and I would never, ever trust my sons' care on a camping trip to a homosexual male.

I would consider that action to be irresponsible parenting.

You can also describe the Moon "the Sun" if you want to, but homosexuality is the act of having consentual sex with people of the same gender as you. Linking a sexual preference between consenting adults to pedophilia is like linking consentual sex to rape.

I get what you're saying, but pedophiles are not acting out of sexual preference, in fact, most pedophiles who molest children of their own sex exhibit no other attraction to people of their own gender.

Offline musiclady

You can also describe the Moon "the Sun" if you want to, but homosexuality is the act of having consentual sex with people of the same gender as you. Linking a sexual preference between consenting adults to pedophilia is like linking consentual sex to rape.

I get what you're saying, but pedophiles are not acting out of sexual preference, in fact, most pedophiles who molest children of their own sex exhibit no other attraction to people of their own gender.

Some pedophiles claim they "love" the children they molest (and the children love them back).  If they are men who "love' little boys, their orientation is homosexual.

"Science" can't twist enough to deny that.

But the point is that Franklin Graham is speaking the truth when he says that Biblical morality is not dependent on social winds, and that forcing those of us who believe in a higher moral authority than culture (rules that we, ourselves, did not create) to bend to the present winds or be called ugly names, is wrong.

I, for one, am thankful that there are those such as Franklin Graham with a bigger microphone than most of us who can speak for millions of us who still maintain Scriptural principles.  He has already been targeted by the Obama IRS for his stance, and yet he has the courage to continue speaking moral truths.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Some pedophiles claim they "love" the children they molest (and the children love them back).  If they are men who "love' little boys, their orientation is homosexual.

"Science" can't twist enough to deny that.

But the point is that Franklin Graham is speaking the truth when he says that Biblical morality is not dependent on social winds, and that forcing those of us who believe in a higher moral authority than culture (rules that we, ourselves, did not create) to bend to the present winds or be called ugly names, is wrong.

I, for one, am thankful that there are those such as Franklin Graham with a bigger microphone than most of us who can speak for millions of us who still maintain Scriptural principles.  He has already been targeted by the Obama IRS for his stance, and yet he has the courage to continue speaking moral truths.

There's a whole lot of ugly name calling from every side of this issue. No one has clean hands.

You don't have to either believe or accept anything, but by the same token, you can't stop things from happening simply because you don't approve.

Offline musiclady

There's a whole lot of ugly name calling from every side of this issue. No one has clean hands.

You don't have to either believe or accept anything, but by the same token, you can't stop things from happening simply because you don't approve.

I understand that we, the millions of Christians who follow Scripture, can't "stop things from happening" and that's why we're dismayed at the direction this country is rapidly going.

What we have to do is pray with all our might that God will have mercy on this decadent society, and do what we can whenever we can to stem the flow of that decadence and live our own lives as morally as we can.

I know you don't agree, Luis, but it IS a slippery slope, and it's not going to stop with 'normalizing' homosexuality.  There are more steps ahead before the left is done with its conquest of this country (and you can be sure that pedophilia is among them).

They've only just begun......

Oh, and it's not just we who "don't approve."  It's "Nature's God."