Author Topic: Is the Wave of Racist Attacks in Union Square Related to #BlackLivesMatter?  (Read 634 times)

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Is the Wave of Racist Attacks in Union Square Related to #BlackLivesMatter?

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On May 21, 2015 @ 11:29 am In The Point | 22 Comments

29060218.sfxl [1]

New York City’s Union Square is adjacent to NYU. The neighborhood is largely retail and has improved immensely since the 80s. There’s a Whole Foods across the street and a Barnes and Nobles superstore on the other side of the park.

The only ongoing source of blight is that leftists insist on staging their hate rallies there.

Post 9/11, the area around George Washington’s statue (celebrating Evacuation Day, the departure of British forces from New York) was taken over by leftist radicals who vandalized the statue with graffiti and put up anti-war banners everywhere. The media called their orgies, memorials, and in one of Giuliani’s black eyes, it took over a month for cops to give them the boot and clean up the mess.

Before that and since, Union Square hosted assorted lefty hate mobs, from the weeping thousands crying over the execution of the Atom bomb spies to Occupy Wall Street to #BlackLivesMatter.

And there’s been a strange pattern of racist  [2]attacks.

A racist black man threatens to murder whites. “You should bow to me… You’ll all be dead by the end of the year.”

Just recently one of the hammer attacks [3] happened here.

Then, around 7:30 p.m., a 28-year-old woman as sitting on a bench in Union Square Park when the suspect struck her in the head with a hammer, police said.

About 10 minutes later, a 33-year-old woman was walking on West 17th Street when the suspect came up behind her and struck her in the back of the head, police said. The victim suffered a scalp injury.

“I was walking to the train station in Union Square and someone came up behind me and yelled something and then the next thing I know I was struck in the head. I initially I thought I got punched, but later on when I looked at my hand I was bleeding.”

I wrote about a racist attack [4] in Union Square back in 2013.

Lashawn Marten was playing chess when he announced, “I hate white people.” Then he began hitting random white people who were walking by. By the time he was done, several were wounded and one lay dead.

Jeffrey Babbitt, the man Lashawn beat to death, looks familiar to me because he has that type of New York face that you pass on the street. You see it worn by plumbers and high school teachers. It’s the badge of the vanishing New York City working class.

No conclusions will be drawn from the murder. Lashawn Marten was obviously mentally ill. And if his mental illness took the form of violent racism toward white people, that is an incidental fact. The murder is an incident. The details are incidental. No conclusions will be drawn from what happened between the chess tables.

If the races had been reversed, Babbitt would be on a million t-shirts and Obama would be talking about a major crisis, but instead it got buried quickly. But these attacks are starting to build up to a pattern.

I have to wonder if some of this hasn’t been caused by the OWS and then the racist BlackLivesMatter presence at Union Square. If a white hate group had set up shop in a black area leading to racial violence, we would certainly be hearing about it.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/is-the-wave-of-racist-attacks-in-union-square-related-to-blacklivesmatter/

Offline aligncare

Obama's Amerikan dystopia realized.

"It's payback, baby"

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have admit that since Obama and Michelle started their "hate Whitey" campaign, I have prepared myself when walking by Blacks on the street, in terms of how I will react if they take a swing at me. I pick who I am going to hit first and how.

But I am a big guy, so they leave me alone. The violent Blacks prefer mostly old people, pregnant women, and women with children.

They do not generally attack someone they feel can defend themselves. These Blacks tend to pick the most vulnerable and innocent victims they can find. If they think you might kick their ass, they will walk a wide circle around you.

They are not looking for a 'fight'. What they want is an unprovoked surprise 'assault' that they can do and then run away and hide unhurt.

That's why they do not mess with me. That's not how it would work out for them, and they know it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.