Author Topic: Feds to regulate Christmas lights  (Read 657 times)

Offline flowers

Feds to regulate Christmas lights
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:36:55 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/05/feds-to-regulate-christmas-lights/?intcmp=latestnews

Feds to regulate Christmas lights

By Elizabeth Harrington
Published May 05, 2015
Washington Free Beacon
Facebook0 Twitter0 Email Print   
wh_xmas_120414.jpg

Dec. 4, 2014: The National Christmas Tree is lighted on the Ellipse in front of the White House in Washington. (Reuters)

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a regulation for Christmas lights on Monday, deeming some holiday decorations a "substantial product hazard."

"The Consumer Product Safety Commission ... is issuing a final rule to specify that seasonal and decorative lighting products that do not contain any one of three readily observable characteristics (minimum wire size, sufficient strain relief, or overcurrent protection), as addressed in a voluntary standard, are deemed a substantial product hazard under the Consumer Product Safety Act ("CPSA")," the final rule said.

The ruling applies to a variety of Christmas decorations, including "stars, wreathes, candles without shades, light sculptures, blow-molded (plastic) figures, and animated figures."

However, "solar-powered products" are exempt.

The CPSC said the regulation is necessary because Christmas lights can be dangerous.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Feds to regulate Christmas lights
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 06:47:49 pm »
Feds to regulate Winter Solstice celebrations season lights.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:54:52 pm »
I am not for more government regulation of anything. They already 'regulate' nearly every detail, no matter how small, of industry, agriculture, business, and private life.

However, in this case they have a point. I have dealt with some of the sketchy electric decorations from China, and they were in fact hinky and unsafe.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:23:40 pm »
Something only us older folks may remember, Back in 1979 1980' Jimmy Carter asked Americans not to put up Christmas lights - all part of HIS energy crisis.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:06:55 am »
Something only us older folks may remember, Back in 1979 1980' Jimmy Carter asked Americans not to put up Christmas lights - all part of HIS energy crisis.

I think they want us to stop putting these up cause of light pollution.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 12:17:17 am »

I think they want us to stop putting these up cause of light pollution.

Plus, it's a celebration of CHRISTMAS - I'm sure that's offensive to Obama & Co.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!