Author Topic: Team Obama To Respond To Baltimore Rioting; Requests Law Enforcement Restraint  (Read 2070 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/27/team-obama-to-respond-to-baltimore-rioting-requests-law-enforcement-restraint/

by Charlie Spiering27 Apr 2015142

As the rioting grew fiercer in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddy Gray on Monday, the Obama administration issued statements vowing to end the violence.

Shortly after 5:00 p.m., President Obama met with newly sworn in Attorney General Loretta Lynch in the Oval Office and received an update on the situation in Baltimore. Reporters were blocked from the meeting, which was not on Obama’s public schedule, but photographers were allowed in briefly to take pictures.

As the violence escalated, the White House released a readout of the conversation by 6:30 p.m., noting that Lynch updated Obama on the events occurring in Baltimore and promised to continue monitoring events.

The readout also noted that Obama had spoken with Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.

“The President highlighted the Administration’s commitment to provide assistance as needed and will continue to receive updates on the situation from Attorney General Lynch and White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett,” the White House explained, adding that Jarrett had spoken with Maryland Governor Larry Hogan earlier in the day.

Jarrett also spoke with Democratic Congressman Elijah Cummings of Maryland, from Baltimore, about the situation, according to reports.

By 9:00 p.m., as fires were breaking out across the city, Hogan revealed during a press conference that that Obama called to thank him for declaring a state of emergency in response to the rioting and asked him to exercise “due restraint.”

“I assured him that we were,” Hogan explained to the press. “The last thing we want to do is escalate violence. I assured him we would not stand by and allow our city of Baltimore to be taken over by thugs.”

Hogan also indicated that Obama revealed that Lynch would visit Baltimore to help de-escalate the violence.

“He said that we need to get control of our streets, and he endorsed the action taken tonight,” Hogan explained.

White House officials confirmed to reporters that Obama spoke to Hogan this evening, but declined to share any details of the conversation.

By 9:00 p.m., Lynch also released a lengthy statement condemning the “senseless acts of violence” in Baltimore vowing that the Justice Department “stands ready to provide any assistance that might be helpful.”

“As our investigative process continues, I strongly urge every member of the Baltimore community to adhere to the principles of nonviolence,” she said, promising to work with Baltimore leaders to “protect the security and civil rights of all residents.”

“I will bring the full resources of the Department of Justice to bear in protecting those under threat, investigating wrongdoing, and securing an end to violence,” she added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Watch and listen for rhetoric and verbal cues that will feed the beast.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

Black POTUS, black AG, black Mayor, black Chief of Po-lice, black rioters...

What could go wrong?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:28:08 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The mayor with the Dionne Warwick haircut is desperately trying to walk-back her CLEAR comments of the 25th, when she stated that the protestors were being given "space to destroy".

Pathetic.   I hope she give Obama up.  It was HE that told her to keep the lethal force out of this and that he'd make sure that Baltimore would get federal monies to rebuild if necessary.

This violence is EXACTLY what Obama/Jarrett/Holder have wanted for the past two years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online andy58-in-nh

I'm beginning to think that it's going to be a long, hot summer.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lando Lincoln

This violence is EXACTLY what Obama/Jarrett/Holder have wanted for the past two years.

It is becoming more difficult by the moment for me to think otherwise.  Anarchy is a means to an end.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

Need a LOT more of this!

Unfortunately, it is a symptom of the problem; not a solution.

Note that it is the kid's MOM... baby-daddy is long gone and boys simply cannot be effectively disciplined by their mothers...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Still wondering how in the hell she knew it was her son.  He was dressed in black and wore a black-knitted head mask.

...which proves the fallacy, "They all look alike!"   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

It was horrible to watch last night on Tv.   Cops not doing a thing.  **nononono*

Offline ArneFufkin

Note that it is the kid's MOM... baby-daddy is long gone and boys simply cannot be effectively disciplined by their mothers...

This is a co-ordinated campaign by Leftists looking to destroy the rule of law in America.   Check out this Brandi Grayson

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/no-policing-says-young-gifted-and-black-coalition-no-way/article_fab49cd8-bd23-533c-8608-36aee2500660.html

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The mayor with the Dionne Warwick haircut is desperately trying to walk-back her CLEAR comments of the 25th, when she stated that the protestors were being given "space to destroy".

Pathetic.   I hope she give Obama up.  It was HE that told her to keep the lethal force out of this and that he'd make sure that Baltimore would get federal monies to rebuild if necessary.

Same thing happened in Ferguson - the Governor held the National Guard back on orders from Valerie Jarrett.  They WANT this!  What city will be next?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

This is a co-ordinated campaign by Leftists looking to destroy the rule of law in America.   Check out this Brandi Grayson

Oh there will be plenty of 'the rule of law' in a Leftist America.  It's liberty they seek to destroy by inciting cultures where emotions rule reason.

No policing and holding their own community accountable sounds a lot like sharia law.

And who told her she was 'gifted' anyway...  Sheesh...

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

It appears that this particular youngster was being effectively disciplined by his mother.  I'm sure he could have beaten her to a bloody pulp if he wanted to but something in their relationship kept it from happening.  If a lot more moms were as intent on keeping their kids in line with regard to school work and being a good citizen, riots like this wouldn't happen.

Your point is not missed, however.  The baby daddies need to step up and be responsible.  In the long term, society's ills cannot be fixed unless the fathers of boys like this step up and be men.

0bama calls for restraint by law enforcement.  I wonder why he isn't calling for restraint from the rioters?  Never mind.  :-)
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It appears that this particular youngster was being effectively disciplined by his mother.  I'm sure he could have beaten her to a bloody pulp if he wanted to but something in their relationship kept it from happening.  If a lot more moms were as intent on keeping their kids in line with regard to school work and being a good citizen, riots like this wouldn't happen.

Your point is not missed, however.  The baby daddies need to step up and be responsible.  In the long term, society's ills cannot be fixed unless the fathers of boys like this step up and be men.

0bama calls for restraint by law enforcement.  I wonder why he isn't calling for restraint from the rioters?  Never mind.  :-)

It's a good bet that the "baby daddy" was right there with the son - throwing rocks and looting. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

When women seek to dominate, men will let them.

Being a baby-daddy is preferable to constantly fighting off challenges...

Offline Lando Lincoln

It's a good bet that the "baby daddy" was right there with the son - throwing rocks and looting.

I wonder if they know one another?  The odds are, they don't.
John Steinbeck

Offline Carling

Baby-daddy is most likely either in prison, or is rioting himself.  What a sad state of affairs the Dems have created in the inner cities.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline NavyCanDo

We are setting a national precedent that we will tolerate looting, assaulting police officers and arson. Without an iron fist and iron boots to stamp it out it WILL spread to more cities this summer.
Betcha there's Going be another spike in Gun and ammo sales this week. ....I'm thinking this "virus" of looting, mayhem, and general violence is going spread nationwide very soon. Might be considered to be the "Master plan" right from the Top. How insane is that?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Carling

So, which liberal will be the first to sic social services on this mom for abusing her child?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

Without an iron fist and iron boots to stamp it out it WILL spread to more cities this summer.

I think that's the plan.  Convince the peeps that an iron fist and iron boots are needed, then implement it.

Kinda like the way the Patriot Act came to pass.

Not hard to predict...

Offline musiclady

When women seek to dominate, men will let them.

Being a baby-daddy is preferable to constantly fighting off challenges...

Whoa!

Blaming women for men's irresponsibility???.................. not a valid argument there, Dan.

(I realize, of course, that you have me on ignore and don't have the courage to respond to what I'm saying, but I need to say it for the record anyway.  Bad argument.  Boys aren't dependent on girls for their bad behavior, and most of these boys have no idea how to be 'men,' because the welfare state has taken their own fathers and grandfathers away.  It's not a power struggle because of the big bad women as much as the total breakdown of the family, thanks to the leftist morons running the show).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Well said, m'lady.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Obama on Baltimore riots: Blame Republicans

posted at 3:21 pm on April 28, 2015 by Noah Rothman

On Tuesday, Barack Obama admitted that the situation faced by the impoverished residents of American urban centers like Baltimore is a hopeless one.

Oh, he didn’t say that outright. The president waxed noble about police excesses, the aspirations of those born into poverty, and the need to create opportunities for millions of primarily minority city dwellers. But he admitted that he has nothing even resembling a plan to lift America’s minorities out of poverty when he resorted to lamenting the lack of infrastructure spending out of a recalcitrant Republican-led Congress.

In response to a question about the violence in Baltimore posed during a joint White House press conference alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Obama delivered a perfectly anodyne and unremarkable 15 minute lecture about the lamentable state of affairs in America’s cities. There wasn’t much to object to in his response; it was a platitude-laden sermon about the school-to-prison pipeline, criminal justice reform, and excessive drug sentencing. Many leading Republicans would agree with the president’s assessment of the social ills that plague urban centers. Don’t believe me? Check The New York Times.

But the president conceded that he has no real plan to address the chronic hopelessness that bedevils cities like Baltimore when he claimed that what this moment truly called for is more infrastructure spending. And he would get it, too, if it weren’t for those darn Republicans.

If we are serious about solving this problem, then we’re going to not only have to help the police, we’re going to have to think about what can we do, the rest of us, to make sure that we’re providing early education to these kids. To make sure that we’re reforming our criminal justice system so it’s not just a pipeline from schools to prisons. So that we’re not rendering men in these communities unemployable because of a felony record for a nonviolent drug offense. That we’re making investments so they can get the training they need to find jobs.

That’s hard. That requires more than just the occasional news report or task force, and there’s a bunch of my agenda that would make a difference right now in that. I’m under no illusion that under this Congress we’re going to get massive investments in urban communities. And so we’ll try to find areas where we can make a difference around school reform, and around job training, and around some investments in infrastructure in these communities trying to attract new businesses in.

That might have made the president’s dispirited liberal base voters, many of whom reside in these hopeless urban environments, feel better, but this is about as naked an admission of powerlessness as you could get. And the president is correct to concede his impotence. The federal government has squandered much of its credibility among urban minorities.

“Inevitability, there are now calls for President Obama to intervene and calm nerves in Baltimore,” The Atlantic’s David Graham observed on Tuesday. “But what would it mean for the federal government to get involved? Does it mean Obama coming to town and delivering a speech, as he has after so many national tragedies? Such a step might offer a quick salve, but it wouldn’t do much to address the underlying causes of anger.”

In fact, the federal government hardly has much credibility here either. Segregation and poverty in West Baltimore are rooted squarely in federal policy. Redlining of Baltimore neighborhoods, conducted under the auspices of the Federal Housing Authority, helped to ensure that black residents were segregated into black neighborhoods and built less equity. In 1995, a federal judge found that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development had violated the Fair Housing Act, placing public housing only in poor black neighborhoods and thus concentrating and perpetuating a cycle of poverty. The government also failed to prevent Wells Fargo from a new form of redlining leading up to the housing bubble, in which black residents of the city were targeted for discriminatory lending.

The ratio of black unemployment to white unemployment that was narrowing to near parity before the 2007-2008 recession is again a measure of dispiriting inequality. African-American unemployment rates remain persistently higher than those of whites.

“Even among people with similar levels of education, the black unemployment rate is higher,” The Times reported last year. “Indeed, joblessness is higher among blacks in every education level tracked by the labor department.”

That report noted that minority poverty rates have declined by over 5 percentage points since 1980, but the current 27.2 percent of African-American living below the poverty line is “astronomical.” It is far more than double the 12.7 percent of whites living in a similar condition.

These problems predate Obama’s presidency, and they will persist long after he leaves office. The persistence of these issues also puts the lie to the notion circa 2008 that the president’s administration would put an end to systemic inequality along with halting the rise of the tides. Obama acknowledges his own powerlessness with yet another plaintive appeal to the value of roads and bridges. Not to mention the dastardliness of those Emmanuel Goldsteins in the GOP.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/28/obama-on-baltimore-riots-blame-republicans/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:33:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.