Author Topic: Violence erupts at Baltimore police death protest [Mayor tells Orioles/RedSox fans to remain in the stadium]  (Read 1771 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Violence erupts at Baltimore police death protest
Jim Watson

Baltimore (AFP) - Protesters targeted businesses and smashed police cars in downtown Baltimore as the biggest demonstration yet over the death of a young African-American man in police custody turned violent.

More than 1,000 people had joined an orderly 90-minute rally at Baltimore city hall on Saturday, demanding justice for Freddie Gray, 25, who died last Sunday from spinal injuries, a week after his arrest in the city's impoverished west side.

http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-again-baltimore-police-custody-death-192547143.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

Where are surplus MG 42s when you need 'em?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online DCPatriot

9:58 pm - Investigative reporter Matthew Boyle reports that both he and a family member both tried to escape the scene of destruction and chaos, but were prevented by a forcible lockout. No one is allowed to leave Oriole Park at Camden Yards. There are at least 15,000 people trapped in the stadium — and it’s the bottom of the tenth inning.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/25/1000-black-baltimore-rioters-smash-police-cars-in-frenzied-protest/
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/25/war-zone-baltimore-erupts-into-violence-chaos-as-blacklivesmatter-riots-rage/

by Matthew Boyle25 Apr 2015BALTIMORE, Maryland

BALTIMORE, Maryland — Racial protests supposed to be peaceful quickly turned into violent riots on Saturday evening, closing down the city of Baltimore for some time—and creating a panic for thousands of people as just 50 miles away elites in Washington partied with President Barack Obama at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

Personally, I wasn’t supposed to be on the job tonight as a reporter. After a long news week and as several of my contemporaries lived high on the hog down in D.C. at the so-called “Nerd Prom,” me and my brother left D.C. to go see our Boston Red Sox play the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards I hate the White House Correspondents’ Dinner—it represents everything I think is wrong with Washington, making celebrities out of news media and politicians—and given the fact I grew up just outside Boston I figured seeing the Red Sox play in Baltimore would be a great reprieve from the political culture. Boy was I wrong.

My brother and I arrived in Baltimore just outside Camden Yards about an hour before the game, and went into Bullpen Bar—one of three iconic all-brick building bars right outside the stadium—for a beer before the Sox took on the O’s. I usually make it up here for a game or two every year, and have always found Orioles fans to be pleasant. We’re united in our hatred of the Yankees.

Bullpen Bar sits between Pickles Pub and Sliders Bar & Grill. Outside each of the brick-faced bars, on the days of Orioles Games, each bar puts out barricades about 20 feet from their front doors. Shoulder-to-shoulder crowds of fans from each team—the Orioles, and in the case of Saturday night, the Red Sox—pack into three bars and the barricaded-off space in front before each game. Inside and outside of each, bartenders serve “cheap beer”—or so the $6-per-tall-boy-cans are advertised on big signs—while hotdogs, sausages and other pastime favorites are sold by each and by vendors who set up tents across the street. The blue collar culture—and really friendly people—are what make Baltimore baseball games so much fun, and there’s no better place to kick off an adventure into Camden Yards than here.

But on Saturday night, after my brother and I finished off our beers at Bullpen and began walking across the street to the stadium, planning to make our way to our seats after getting inside, chaos broke out.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

One of my sons was at the demonstration in Baltimore near the stadium and he called my last night...scared to death.

He said that you couldn't believe how quickly things spun out of control once the sun went down.

Because he's very familiar with Baltimore, he was lucky to get our of the city...that the protestors had the entire area 'surrounded', blocking traffic, etc..

There is an UNMARKED route to Route 95 South which he took near Harbor Place and Light Street.

Online mountaineer

Meanwhile, at the White House lackeys, er, correspondents' dinner, President Zero keeps it classy ...
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he's bringing a new attitude to the final quarter of his presidency: Bucket!

"After the midterm elections, my advisers asked me, 'Mr. President, do you have a bucket list?'" he told those attending the annual dinner of the White House Correspondents' Association. "And I said, well, I have something that rhymes with bucket list ..."

"Take executive action on immigration? Bucket! New climate regulations? Bucket ...
People rioting in the streets, robbing, looting and assaulting people? Bucket!

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Baltimore is hollywood (East). More than 90% of Baltimore voted for and supported the racist Black Muslim Hussein for President.

Now, they get what they deserve. They get what they, (i guess?) wanted.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online kevindavis007

I blame people like Al Sharpton for things going out of control.. It is going to get worse than this..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I blame people like Al Sharpton for things going out of control.. It is going to get worse than this..

Al Sharpton is nothing without people like Hollywood and Obama making him into something. The real blame lies with 'Liberals' who keep coddling these people, and keep convincing them that they are aggrieved.

Sharpton is nothing without his 'supporters', and the biggest supporter of Sharpton is Obama himself, with Hollywood picking up the slack.

They are going to get more than they wished for.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

Correct, IMO. It's 'only' April. 

They did this in the evening while it was raining/drizzling and with the temperature dropping into the high 40's.

Wait until the Summer comes.   NOT!

Online kevindavis007

Al Sharpton is nothing without people like Hollywood and Obama making him into something. The real blame lies with 'Liberals' who keep coddling these people, and keep convincing them that they are aggrieved.

Sharpton is nothing without his 'supporters', and the biggest supporter of Sharpton is Obama himself, with Hollywood picking up the slack.

They are going to get more than they wished for.

They will and I will be laughing at them..

Offline aligncare

Voting in a black, democrat president has managed to turn every happenstance between the races toxic.

I don't recall similar race riots prior to Obama's administration – not for 50-years. Not even under the hated W.

Online DCPatriot

Scene is at Russell and Eutaw Street, direct across the street from Orioles Park at Camden Yards.

Online kevindavis007

Voting in a black, democrat president has managed to turn every happenstance between the races toxic.

I don't recall similar race riots prior to Obama's administration – not for 50-years. Not even under the hated W.

I agree.. He was supposed to the post racial President, when in fact he made things worse.. MLKjr would be ashamed of him..

Online kevindavis007

Correct, IMO. It's 'only' April. 

They did this in the evening while it was raining/drizzling and with the temperature dropping into the high 40's.

Wait until the Summer comes.   NOT!

I think I'll avoid going into Chicago this summer..

Online kevindavis007

Scene is at Russell and Eutaw Street, direct across the street from Orioles Park at Camden Yards.

I would like to know how is attacking a bunch of non cops is going to make things better..

Online DCPatriot

I think I'll avoid going into Chicago this summer..

I recall an Ulsterman column that Rapunzel posted a couple of years ago, where he ORDERED....not warned a friend under no uncertain terms to STAY AWAY FROM CHICAGO.

And it's only got worse since then.

Online kevindavis007

I recall an Ulsterman column that Rapunzel posted a couple of years ago, where he ORDERED....not warned a friend under no uncertain terms to STAY AWAY FROM CHICAGO.

And it's only got worse since then.

It has

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline NavyCanDo

I look at these riots and they disturb me greatly. The media facilitates these and they seem to grow in popularity. I cannot help but think it is by design.  Cloward and Piven comes to mind, creating social disorder to reshape America.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/240114-maryland-dem-baltimore-rioters-mainly-from-out-of-town

April 26, 2015, 11:18 am
Maryland Dem: Baltimore rioters 'mainly from out of town'

By Jesse Byrnes

(D-Md.) alleged Sunday that many rioters in Baltimore the previous night were from "out of town," noting that he was amid crowds in the area.

A protest over the death of Freddie Gray, a black 25-year-old, in police custody turned violent as some went on a rampage as darkness fell, with some seen smashing windows and throwing objects at police.

"I've gotta give it to the citizens of Baltimore. I was there all day, and it was very peaceful all day," Cummings said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"At the end, there were a few people that said, 'We're gonna turn this city down, we're gonna close it down.' And the next thing you know we had a few people – mainly from out of town – to come and to start beating up on police cars and throwing all kinds of projectiles," Cummings alleged.

At least a dozen people were arrested, according to The Associated Press. Police also kept Baltimore Orioles fans inside the ballpark as they cleared an area outside, which Cummings called a "smart idea."

"This whole police community relations situation, Bob, is the civil rights cause for this generation, no doubt about it," Cummings told host Bob Schieffer on Sunday.

Cummings noted that the Maryland delegation in Congress had asked for the Department of Justice to conduct a civil rights investigation into the death of Gray.

"We've got to take this department apart and try to figure out what is wrong and what is right," he said, referring to local police.
Support the USO

Online kevindavis007

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/240114-maryland-dem-baltimore-rioters-mainly-from-out-of-town

April 26, 2015, 11:18 am
Maryland Dem: Baltimore rioters 'mainly from out of town'

By Jesse Byrnes

(D-Md.) alleged Sunday that many rioters in Baltimore the previous night were from "out of town," noting that he was amid crowds in the area.

A protest over the death of Freddie Gray, a black 25-year-old, in police custody turned violent as some went on a rampage as darkness fell, with some seen smashing windows and throwing objects at police.

"I've gotta give it to the citizens of Baltimore. I was there all day, and it was very peaceful all day," Cummings said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"At the end, there were a few people that said, 'We're gonna turn this city down, we're gonna close it down.' And the next thing you know we had a few people – mainly from out of town – to come and to start beating up on police cars and throwing all kinds of projectiles," Cummings alleged.

At least a dozen people were arrested, according to The Associated Press. Police also kept Baltimore Orioles fans inside the ballpark as they cleared an area outside, which Cummings called a "smart idea."

"This whole police community relations situation, Bob, is the civil rights cause for this generation, no doubt about it," Cummings told host Bob Schieffer on Sunday.

Cummings noted that the Maryland delegation in Congress had asked for the Department of Justice to conduct a civil rights investigation into the death of Gray.

"We've got to take this department apart and try to figure out what is wrong and what is right," he said, referring to local police.

I predict we will see more calls for Federal Control of the police.. Mainly nationalize the police..

Online mountaineer

Had Freddie been white or Asian, no one would have given a rat's rear end for him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When the racial outbursts occur in connection of a sporting event or venue, there is very big money at stake, so police must mobilize to protect the spectators or they will not come back.

A few scenes like this, and the Obama era will have managed to ruin professional sports in America.

Oh wait, that has already happened, for me. About the last thing I'm interested in would be driving into the inner cities, in order to see overpaid thugs, and then for me to get mugged or worse in the parking lot.

That is on good days, when there is NOT a riot going on.

They keep on with the idea a publicly financed downtown stadium will revitalize a crumbling inner city, as if it is a thing with the buildings.

But you can't change the location, and if the location is thug-city, forget about it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln