Author Topic: Celebrity endorsements for 2016  (Read 1196 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Celebrity endorsements for 2016
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:14:40 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/240032-celebrity-endorsements-for-2016

By Lucy Feickert - 04/25/15 03:09 PM EDT

A number of notable celebrities are already throwing their support behind 2016 presidential contenders.

Most of the famous faces are solidly in Hillary Clinton’s camp, with a host of celebs, including actress Lena Dunham and NBA icon Magic Johnson, taking to Twitter to show their support for the Democratic front-runner after she entered the race.

But a few stars, including Willie Robertson from A&E’s “Duck Dynasty,” have favorites on the GOP side as well. The CEO of Duck Commander is a big supporter of his home-state Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.), a potential contender.

The Hill is keeping a list of prominent stars and the 2016 hopefuls they are supporting.

CELEBRITIES BACKING DEMOCRATS

Uzo Aduba — The actress from Netflix’s hit “Orange is the New Black” tweeted her support for Clinton.

Clay Aiken — The “American Idol” who fell short in his own bid for Congress last year initially panned Clinton’s announcement video on Twitter. “Hillary, I love you. But why are you the stiffest and most scripted looking person in this video,” he wrote. He confirmed his support for Clinton in a later tweet.

Kat Dennings — The “2 Broke Girls” actress tweeted “Hillary” after Clinton’s announcement.

Lena Dunham — The “Girls” creator and star took to Instagram to post the famous picture of Clinton reading her BlackBerry. Dunham’s caption read: “This is Hillary reading a text from me that says, ‘With you every step of the way, gurl’ #mypresident.”

Jesse Tyler Ferguson — Playing off Clinton’s announcement tweet, the “Modern Family” star wrote, “I have an announcement: I’m not running for president. Yay #Hillary2016!”

America Ferrera — The former “Ugly Betty” star, who stumped for Clinton in 2008, is back in her camp. “I believed in her then, I believe in her now,” she wrote on Twitter.

Ellie Goulding — The singer tweeted “Hillary” after Clinton announced her bid.

Ariana Grande — The pop star tweeted “yaaas @hillaryclinton” after Clinton’s announcement.

Abbi Jacobson — The comedian and “Broad City” creator tweeted a picture of herself with a Hillary Clinton mask titled, “HERE WE GO @HillaryClinton!”

Magic Johnson — “I feel @HillaryClinton will be a great President for the American people and she will make sure that everyone has a voice!” the former Los Angeles Lakers point guard said on Twitter. Johnson hosted a Clinton fundraiser in 2007.

Carole King — The Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter kept it short, saying “I’m in,” posting a link to Clinton’s announcement tweet.

Diane Kruger — The German-born actress and recently naturalized U.S. citizen posted a picture of Clinton on Instagram, saying “Please America, make her President!”

Padma Lakshmi — The “Top Chef” host tweeted art of Clinton as Rosie the Riveter in the classic “We can do it!” image. “Oh yes, it will finally happen. #Hillary2016,” she added.

Jennifer Lopez — “I’m very excited by the news. I think it’s time for a woman,” the actress and singer told E! about Clinton at the MTV Movie Awards.

Josh Peck — The former “Drake and Josh” star tweeted, “Hillary’s mah Homie.”

Amy Poehler — The “Parks and Recreation” star posted a gif of her and Clinton from her Saturday Night Live days, adding: “Let’s do this. #Hillary2016 @HillaryClinton.”

RuPaul — The drag queen and host of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” tweeted a play on his own song lyrics, saying, “You betta work, @HillaryClinton!”

Kerry Washington — The “Scandal” actress shared her support of Clinton in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. “I’m very thrilled. I’m excited for her, and I’m sure I’ll be hitting the stump trail,” she said. Washington stumped for Barack Obama during his 2012 reelection campaign.

Olivia Wilde — A one-time supporter of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for president, the “House” actress told The Daily Beast that Clinton’s position on healthcare reform and women’s rights helped win her over. “The fact that she feels the plight of women and girls as the most important issue of the 21st century is a huge reason why I’m supporting her,” Wilde said.

Jeffrey Wright — Wright, who appeared in “The Hunger Games” and HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” shared Clinton’s announcement video on Twitter. “Nice inclusive portrait of America @HillaryClinton - great message. It’s on. #Hillary2016,” he wrote.

CELEBRITIES BACKING REPUBLICANS

Scott Baio — Gov. Scott Walker (Wis.) has yet to formally launch a bid, but he’s got the support of “Happy Days” star Baio, who posted a picture with Walker on Twitter. “Gov. Walker sounds a lot like President Reagan. #WalkerForPres,” he wrote.

Charles Barkley — The NBA hall-of-famer might be crossing the aisle in 2016. The Dem voter told Sports Illustrated, “I like Chris Christie. I like Jeb Bush. I like those guys.”

Chuck Norris — The Hollywood action star endorsed former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2008 and penned an op-ed last month encouraging him to run again in 2016.

Willie Robertson — The star of reality show “Duck Dynasty” told Fox News Radio’s “Kilmeade and Friends” he would support Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal for president if he runs. “Bobby is a great man; he’s a great godly man,” Robertson said.

Kevin Sorbo — The “Hercules” star says he could support either Gov. Bobby Jindal (La.) or Gov. Scott Walker (Wis.).

Kid Rock — The singer told Fox News’s Megyn Kelly he supports retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, saying, “The guy makes a whole lot of sense to me.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Celebrity endorsements for 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:57:55 pm »
"Round Mound of Rebound" be a rino lover.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Celebrity endorsements for 2016
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »
Why anybody cares about what celebrities think I will never understand.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates