Author Topic: Voters have 'incumbent fatigue,' possible Hillary challenger says  (Read 474 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/239338-possible-hillary-challenger-says-voters-have-incumbent

April 19, 2015, 10:37 am
Voters have 'incumbent fatigue,' possible Hillary challenger says

By Jesse Byrnes

Former Sen. Jim Webb (Va.), who is mulling a Democratic presidential bid in 2016, argued Sunday that voters want fresh leadership.

"I think we've got a lot of incumbent fatigue in the country and people are looking for fresh approaches in terms of how to solve the problems of the country," Webb said on CNN's "State of the Union."

His remark came in response to a question on whether presumed Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton, the only major declared Democratic candidate, exudes the type of leadership Webb wants.

"We're never going to have this financial leviathan machine that's gonna pull in $2.5 billion," Webb said of his own campaign should he run, alluding to the amount reportedly expected to be raised by Clinton's allies.

"I'm never going to have a political consultant at my side whispering what I should say or how I should dress or whether I ought to go to Walmart or not," Webb continued.

"But what we do have is long experience on the issues, in and out of government; strong beliefs about where the country needs to go," Webb said.

Webb, who has formed a 2016 exploratory committee and said Sunday he was "looking at it hard" on whether he would launch a White House bid, also said he has a "good visit" to the early voting state of Iowa recently and would be returning next week.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:08:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34