Author Topic: Huckabee: Christians Shouldn't Enlist While Obama Is President  (Read 1072 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=639371

Newsmax
Huckabee: Christians Shouldn't Enlist While Obama Is President
Saturday, April 18, 2015 08:10 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee told Iowa radio talk-show host Jan Mickelson that the Obama administration had "an open hostility toward the Christian faith" — urging prospective military recruits to enlist after President Barack Obama leaves the White House.

Mickelson asked Huckabee Thursday on his WHO-AM program in Des Moines to respond to news reports that cited religious freedom advocates as saying that the military had become a "hostile work environment" to Christians.

The former governor said Friday that he would announce whether he was running for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination on May 5.

"This administration has had an open hostility toward the Christian faith," Huckabee responded.

"And I know that sounds like a bold statement, Jan, but when you have a president whose administration orders its chaplains to put their Bibles away, not to pray in Jesus name, not to counsel people on the issues of sexual morality; when you have this attitude that is more about promoting gay marriage and gay rights in the military than it is about being able to protect religious liberty for those people of faith, it’s going to be hard to find people who are truly devoted people of faith and Christian believers and Orthodox Jews and others.

"Why would they want to be in a military that would be openly hostile and not just simply bring some scorn to their faith, but would punish them for it?" Huckabee asked.

He was referring to two instances cited in the news report, first published in The Washington Times.

In one case, a chaplain for a Ranger training battalion was sent an administrative letter of concern in December after a soldier complained that he had promoted Christianity and used a Bible during a mandatory suicide-prevention training session.

And last month, a Navy chaplain was removed from his job — and his career put in jeopardy — after complaints about his private counseling sessions, during which he discouraged homosexuality and sex outside of marriage.

Mickelson then asked Huckabee how he would advise parents of children might seek to enlist in the nation's military.

"There’s nothing more honorable than serving one’s country and there’s no greater heroes to our country than our military," Huckabee said. "But I might suggest to parents, I’d wait a couple of years until we get a new commander-in-chief who will once again believe in ‘one nation under God’ and believe that people of faith should be a vital part of the process of not only governing this country, but defending this country."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Huckabee: Christians Shouldn't Enlist While Obama Is President
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 12:40:57 am »
Huckabee is absolutely right about this.

The military is now a hostile work environment for Christians.

Not, however, for Muslims.

I am thankful that our son is now out of the military, and will not be deployed anywhere by this hostile, incompetent CinC.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 12:52:42 am »
Not, however, for Muslims.

You forgot to mention homos and illegals in the military today. They are treated like kings. (queens?) whatever.

That and the fact that you need the approval of 3 government lawyers along with Obama's personal signature on a permission slip before you are allowed to fire a shot, even in self defense, makes the military an intolerable place to be these days.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:53:26 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 01:52:08 am »
Huckabee:
[[ "This administration has had an open hostility toward the Christian faith," Huckabee responded.
"And I know that sounds like a bold statement, Jan, but when you have a president whose administration orders its chaplains to put their Bibles away, not to pray in Jesus name, not to counsel people on the issues of sexual morality; when you have this attitude that is more about promoting gay marriage and gay rights in the military than it is about being able to protect religious liberty for those people of faith, it’s going to be hard to find people who are truly devoted people of faith and Christian believers and Orthodox Jews and others.
"Why would they want to be in a military that would be openly hostile and not just simply bring some scorn to their faith, but would punish them for it?" Huckabee asked. ]]

Whether you like Mr. Huckabee or not, he is speaking the strong truth here.

Just sayin' ...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:23:19 pm »
Col. Oliver North said the exact same thing today on Hannity.

Don't join until Obama is gone. Only North was talking about everyone, not just Christians.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.