Author Topic: Marco Rubio in Spanish: Obama’s First Executive Amnesty ‘Important,’ People ‘Benefiting from It’  (Read 10953 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/17/marco-rubio-in-spanish-obamas-first-executive-amnesty-important-people-benefitting-from-it/

by Matthew Boyle17 Apr 2015Washington, DC

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, said he believes that President Barack Obama’s first executive amnesty for so-called DREAMers—the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)—is “important” and he won’t reverse it himself if elected president. He delivered these remarks in a Spanish-language interview he gave to Univision’s Jorge Ramos.

“I believe DACA is important. It can’t be terminated from one moment to the next, because there are already people benefiting from it,” Rubio said in Spanish on Ramos’s television program, according to an English translation provided by the media service Grabien. “But yes, it is going to have to end. It can’t be the permanent policy of the United States, and I don’t think that’s what they’re asking either. I think everyone prefers immigration reform.”

Ramos followed up, according to the translation, by asking: “But then, to clarify, you would put an end to DACA once immigration reform is approved, but what would happen, Senator, if there is no immigration reform; would you cancel DACA anyway?”

Rubio answered that DACA will end only when a legislative substitute with the exact same or similar policy prescriptions—a legislative amnesty for illegal alien minors—is implemented. He also said in Spanish that, if elected president, he believes that America cannot deport illegal aliens here in the country right now, and he expects a legislative solution will be implemented that essentially has all the parts of the massively controversial “Gang of Eight” bill that he would pass piece-by-piece.

“Well, at some point it is going to have to end, that is to say, it can’t continue being the permanent policy of the United States,” Rubio said. “I believe, if I become President, it is going to be possible to achieve immigration reform. It is not going to be comprehensive, that is to say, it is not going to all be in one massive bill. We already tried that a few years ago. We’ve seen there isn’t political support for it and I think we’ve wasted a lot of time in this process, when we could have made progress through the steps I’ve advocated.

“Unfortunately, a lot has been spent with that, it’s become an even more controversial subject, more difficult to make progress on, but I’m still saying it’s important to modernize our system and that means improving the way we enforce in the future, modernizing the immigration system so that it isn’t as costly and bureaucratic, and we have to deal with the 12 million human beings who are here and no one, no one is advocating a plan to deport 12 million people, so that topic has to be dealt with as well.”

Rubio’s comment, targeted toward Spanish speakers, that he would keep Obama’s first executive amnesty—enacted outside the purview of Congress—in effect, until passing a legislative substitute with nearly identical policies, puts him at odds with virtually the rest of the Republican field except for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rand Paul (R-KY) and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal have each said that on day one as president, they would immediately undo Obama’s unconstitutional and illegal executive overreaches—including DACA, as it was started without congressional approval—rather than trying to wait for a legislative solution.

Further, Rubio is calling DACA “important,” though it’s widely understood in the political world that this program caused the border crisis last summer and will likely lead to a future border crisis. Rubio’s comments endorse a policy that, in effect, brought tens of thousands of migrant children streaming across the border illegally and risking their lives to get into America with hopes of getting an unlawful amnesty.

The last time Rubio tried to push immigration rhetoric like this—the Gang of Eight bill back in 2013—he saw a significant drop in the polls. As he continues exposing his true beliefs when it comes to immigration matters, his emotional rhetoric as a presidential candidate will be undercut by his support of policies the Republican electorate is vehemently opposed to like Obama’s executive amnesty.

Ann Coulter, the massively influential conservative columnist, has said that Rubio “can’t be serious” in running for president after exposing his wildly unpopular immigration views, and he seems to be angling for a vice presidential slot.

“I think he’s running for a vice presidential slot,” Coulter said of Rubio on Fox News. “This can’t be serious.”

It’s also worth noting that pandering on immigration to the Hispanic community as much as Bush or Rubio have does not mean Republicans have any better chance at gaining support in such communities.

Bush, who along with Rubio is the most liberal on immigration in the 2016 field and thinks of himself as an “honorary Hispanic” and even checked the race as his own on a voter registration card—something he and his campaign have tried to laugh off since the story broke—is polling worse among Hispanics than even Mitt Romney got in 2012.

Romney, who was berated for his “self-deport” line, got by most estimations about 29 percent of the Hispanic vote in the 2012 election against President Barack Obama. Yet Bush, according to two recent ABC News and Washington Post polls, trails former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton among Hispanic voters by an even worse margin than by which Romney lost—71 percent for Clinton to 26 percent for Bush.

Perhaps most importantly, however, is that Rubio’s comments to Ramos in Spanish show that he’s significantly further left than the majority of Republicans in Congress on this issue. Earlier this year, the U.S. House of Representatives passed an amendment–and then passed legislation containing it–from Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) that would have withheld taxpayer funding for Obama’s DACA executive amnesty.

While 26 of the most liberal Republicans in the House voted against that amendment, it passed onto the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) funding bill, then passed the House. Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC), who is going to face conservative Frank Roche in a rematch in her primary next year, led the charge among those liberal Republicans to try to derail Blackburn’s amendment. Ellmers failed in the end.

When Rubio announced he was running for president, too, he actually argued he’s done more for illegal aliens than Hillary Clinton has.

“Well, I don’t know about others, but I’ve done more immigration than Hillary Clinton ever did,” Rubio said in an interview with National Public Radio. “I mean, I helped pass an immigration bill in a Senate dominated by Democrats. And that’s more than she’s ever done. She’s given speeches on it, but she’s never done anything on it.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Keeping Obama executive order! Nothing more needs to be said about the Traitor, Rubio. Back up plan to Jeb who only leads polls where people do not vote but samples do . :chairbang:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Keeping Obama executive order! Nothing more needs to be said about the Traitor, Rubio. Back up plan to Jeb who only leads polls where people do not vote but samples do . :chairbang:

Traitor is a bit harsh. What did you expect Rubio to do? He told everyone exactly what would happen if Congress didn't do something and he was 100% correct in his analysis.

You want the borders shut - fine and a damned good idea.
You want something to be done about the illegals already there - agreed, but exactly what?
You want to cut Obama's executive over-reach off at the knees - a worthy goal that shouldn't even need to be stated.

Rubio foresaw and prioritized the third point, which has a deeper and longer lasting import than the other two. He may have been wrong, but he's no damned traitor. Save that for the ones that rate it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Rubio is a traitor. The majority of congress is. Cowards and traitors. Letting this country get invaded. Not stopping obama.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
If the illegals already here have been keeping their nose clean, have not committed crimes, have a work history and are not receiving government benefits - I think the best solution would be to issue them a work visa type of status, where they can stay here legally as long as they are supporting themselves and paying taxes. 

However, under NO circumstances should they EVER be able to vote or receive citizen status unless they go to the back of the line and become legal like everyone has to.  Their visa should be subject to review and renew every year or two and they should have to always justify their value to the country to be able to stay.

The borders should be secured immediately and serious consequences for those who are found to have crossed it illegally.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Just think. It was El Presidente Ronaldo Reagan, who got this amnesty ball rolling on the Republican side.

I guess according to the logic and language used here, he would be a traitor.

Which candidate has said he would deport 12 million, starting the day he is inaugurated?

I believe that none have, so by some logic they are ALL traitors, every last one of them.

BTW across much of the Western part of this country about 1/3 of the residents self identify as Hispanic.

Who is going to single out the ones, for the government agent, to challenge for their papers?

Shouldn't "real conservatives@" be calling for a serious candidate like Tom Tancredo, with a vow to deport 12 million illegal residents?

The illegal immigrants must chuckle at us. They willingly come, knowing they may live the rest of their lives "in the shadows," because that life is better than the life they had, back home. They will NOT "self-deport."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

If the illegals already here have been keeping their nose clean, have not committed crimes, have a work history and are not receiving government benefits - I think the best solution would be to issue them a work visa type of status, where they can stay here legally as long as they are supporting themselves and paying taxes. 

However, under NO circumstances should they EVER be able to vote or receive citizen status unless they go to the back of the line and become legal like everyone has to.  Their visa should be subject to review and renew every year or two and they should have to always justify their value to the country to be able to stay.

The borders should be secured immediately and serious consequences for those who are found to have crossed it illegally.
That train has left the station. The majority of them won't assimilate or be expected to. The will all get benefits and will be able to vote, twice in Chicago. It is a invasion pure and simple.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That train has left the station. The majority of them won't assimilate or be expected to. The will all get benefits and will be able to vote, twice in Chicago. It is a invasion pure and simple.

Won't assimilate? They have been assimilating in cities and towns, which have Spanish names, for gosh sakes.

San Antonio. Los Angeles. How does an Hispanic assimilate to your satisfaction? They love hamburgers and fries and pizzas, just like you do.

Over 35% of the populations of our two biggest states is Hispanic. Hispanic is about as American as you can get, in parts of this country.

In the early 1950s the guy that drove the city truck to water our gravel street in Fort Morgan Colorado was Hispanic, and had me convinced he was the Cisco Kid. Went back there a few years ago, and an Hispanic family from Los Angeles lives on that same street, just across from our old house.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Won't assimilate? They have been assimilating in cities and towns, which have Spanish names, for gosh sakes.

San Antonio. Los Angeles. How does an Hispanic assimilate to your satisfaction? They love hamburgers and fries and pizzas, just like you do.

Over 35% of the populations of our two biggest states is Hispanic. Hispanic is about as American as you can get, in parts of this country.

In the early 1950s the guy that drove the city truck to water our gravel street in Fort Morgan Colorado was Hispanic, and had me convinced he was the Cisco Kid. Went back there a few years ago, and an Hispanic family from Los Angeles lives on that same street, just across from our old house.

speak English. Respect our laws. Heck respect our country.

Offline flowers

How does an Hispanic assimilate to your satisfaction? T
The same way my Grandmother and her sister did. They waited  YEARS to get citizen ship. I still remember the day my Grandmother got her citizenship. Proudest day in her life to show us the paperwork. She loved this country. Worked HARD to stay here. She didn't expect handouts.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The same way my Grandmother and her sister did. They waited  YEARS to get citizen ship. I still remember the day my Grandmother got her citizenship. Proudest day in her life to show us the paperwork. She loved this country. Worked HARD to stay here. She didn't expect handouts.

Assimilation and citizenship have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

P.S. It's not that your grandmother expected no handouts, as much as there were no handouts to be had.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline flowers

Assimilation and citizenship have absolutely nothing to do with one another
  What is you definition of assimilation? Maybe I am using the wrong word.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
  What is you definition of assimilation? Maybe I am using the wrong word.

It's not "my" definition of assimilation, it's the definition of assimilation.

Assimilation is the process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group. You can actually become a citizen without doing that. I have many family members who are (and have for years been) US citizens but remain very much culturally Cuban.

This failure to "assimilate" by newer immigrants is as old as the nation. Ben Franklin thought that Germans would fail so miserably to assimilate, that they would eventually bring the government down.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline flowers

I have many family members who are (and have for years been) US citizens but remain very much culturally Cuban.
So did my grandparents. I have no problem with that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:39:43 pm by flowers »

Offline aligncare

There's a qualitative and quantitative difference in the immigration situation than there was 30, 40 years ago.

Today, we are dumbing down immigration policy.  Follow the damn rules my parents and I followed when we came here in 1956.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
flowers wrote above:
[[ Rubio is a traitor. The majority of congress is. Cowards and traitors. Letting this country get invaded. Not stopping obama. ]]

I have to agree with every word.

I sense the Pubbies in Congress are going to pay for their misdeeds in the 2016 election.

"The Cowardly Congress".

A la this guy:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Agreed.  I did quite a bit of research years ago during 'W''s reign and the majority WILL not assimilate ever, the estimated number of illegals at the time was over 20,000,000 that's right.  20 MILLION.  I'm sure that number has nearly doubled. Our prison systems, hospitals, schools, have all had to pick up the economic impact; not including loss of American jobs. You also need to consider that once granted amnesty their families are eligible to come over. They WILL be given the right to vote; in fact in the area that I live in there were booths set up encouraging them to register to vote.  ALL that was needed at the time was a damn Sam's Club card for identification.  So the Hispanic vote WILL indeed transform America; you won't see another non-Hispanic GOP candidate in the oval office ever.  While Rubio addressing the public in Spanish is disgusting  it is a small glimpse of what's to come.  We will see signs, (such as those at Lowe's) road signs, voting booths (such as in Florida), school and doctor forms,  TV commercials, everything will be bi-lingual.  Trust me it will get to the point that Spanish will become the primary language and those speaking English will need to learn Spanish. I don't know about schools in other states, but learning Spanish is mandatory for graduation. 20 years ago (yes a long time ago) we took our kids down to the Keys and stopped at a McDonald's .. WE as a family had a hard time ordering because we couldn't speak Spanish!  They had to bring in one of the cooks from the back room to translate so we could order!!  Oh, having to sit through a Spanish version of the "Star Spangled Banner" is quite unnerving as well.

RUBIO IS a traitor as well as the GOPe period.  They have done NOTHING to stop the invasion.  I do believe Rubio is Jeb's foot in the door.  I have no doubt.  Florida, Arizona, Texas, California, etc., have been invaded for years.  It wasn't until the economic crisis that they began to self-deport.  We are now beginning to see an influx again and once amnesty goes through legal American citizens will become the new minority. Cruz is of Latino heritage BUT he is the only candidate that has stood up AGAINST amnesty, Obmacare, and Obama's overreach.

Cruz is Golden.  2016!

That is simply ignorant.

There is no amount of research that anyone, you included, that will give you the ability to foretell the future.

What you can do is look at the past and draw conclusions from it.

Here are two things that you can surmise from examining the past:

1. There have always been groups of people predicting that a particular wave of immigrants will never assimilate.

2. No immigrant wave has ever failed to assimilate.

Ben Franklin was wrong about German immigrants, John Adams was wrong about the French and Irish immigrants of his time, the Know-Nothings were wrong about Catholics.

You are wrong here.

RUBIO IS a traitor as well as the GOPe period

More ignorant, sophomoric vitriol worthy of TOS.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Traitor is a bit harsh. What did you expect Rubio to do? He told everyone exactly what would happen if Congress didn't do something and he was 100% correct in his analysis.

You want the borders shut - fine and a damned good idea.
You want something to be done about the illegals already there - agreed, but exactly what?
You want to cut Obama's executive over-reach off at the knees - a worthy goal that shouldn't even need to be stated.

Rubio foresaw and prioritized the third point, which has a deeper and longer lasting import than the other two. He may have been wrong, but he's no damned traitor. Save that for the ones that rate it.

Most excellent post, EC!     :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No, it is you that are wrong and ignorant. I simply stated what has already happened; I'm not making any predictions. The wave of illegals in the past decade have FAILED as a majority to assimilate; those that vote, take out loans using bogus names and addressess, collect social security, expect government handouts and openly speak Spanish instead of English have NOT assimilated by any stretch of the imagination.  I have witnessed and experienced all of the above in the area that I live (and a few others). I have spent several years and numerous hours trying to stick up for legal American citizens and curtail the illegal invasion.

I get it.  You have consistently argued for the GOPe and Bush.  That is certainly your decision.  I refuse to vote for Bush and I am quickly changing my mind about voting for Rubio as well.  I can't vote for candidates who are so blatantly centrist and left-leaning.  If those are the candidates we are left with, I will either write in a candidate or vote 3rd party depending on who that may be.  You see it I'm sure as a wasted vote casted to a Democrat.  I see it as voting my conscious. 

As for Rubio and Bush, what part of agreeing with Obama's executive amnesty do you find appealing?

You're not stating what has already happened.

For God's sake, saying that something  will never happen is far from stating what has already happened.

Get a grip.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I'm not making any predictions.

Not only ignorant, but delusional as well.

I did quite a bit of research years ago during 'W''s reign and the majority WILL not assimilate ever

THAT, under any definition of the word, is a prediction.

The wave of illegals in the past decade have FAILED as a majority to assimilate.

More ignorance.

Cultural assimilation is a generational thing. It doesn't happen, ever, in a few years, or even a decade.

No wave of immigrants into the US has ever assimilated in a decade.

In fact, your definition of what constitutes assimilation is probably as incorrect as the rest of your absurd theories.

Waves of immigrants integrate into the culture but retain much of their cultural identity in the process.

Open up your local phone book and count how many Italian, Chinese, and German restaurants you have in town.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No, it is you that are wrong and ignorant. I simply stated what has already happened; I'm not making any predictions. The wave of illegals in the past decade have FAILED as a majority to assimilate; those that vote, take out loans using bogus names and addressess, collect social security, expect government handouts and openly speak Spanish instead of English have NOT assimilated by any stretch of the imagination.  I have witnessed and experienced all of the above in the area that I live (and a few others). I have spent several years and numerous hours trying to stick up for legal American citizens and curtail the illegal invasion.

I get it.  You have consistently argued for the GOPe and Bush.  That is certainly your decision.  I refuse to vote for Bush and I am quickly changing my mind about voting for Rubio as well.  I can't vote for candidates who are so blatantly centrist and left-leaning.  If those are the candidates we are left with, I will either write in a candidate or vote 3rd party depending on who that may be.  You see it I'm sure as a wasted vote casted to a Democrat.  I see it as voting my conscious. 

As for Rubio and Bush, what part of agreeing with Obama's executive amnesty do you find appealing?

Appealing?

Nothing.

I also know that we're not going to deport 11 to 20 million people.

What do you suggest should be done?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Luis - going to ask you because I have no tact and you think through your answers.

I've seen and read that true integration takes 3 generations.

The first generation immigrates, but keeps to their own kind and a lot of their own customs.
The second generation pretty much "out Americans" the Americans, to put it in US terms.
The third generation relaxes a bit and, while American, enjoys and celebrates aspects of their own cultural heritage as well.

True in your opinion?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
STOP...and I mean STOP calling other posters here ignorant!!!...they are entitled to their opinions.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis - going to ask you because I have no tact and you think through your answers.

I've seen and read that true integration takes 3 generations.

The first generation immigrates, but keeps to their own kind and a lot of their own customs.
The second generation pretty much "out Americans" the Americans, to put it in US terms.
The third generation relaxes a bit and, while American, enjoys and celebrates aspects of their own cultural heritage as well.

True in your opinion?

We're in our second, and in some cases third generation now.

Most of them don't speak Spanish.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:35:31 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

That's your perception, and you're wrong.

I've pointed out that Rubio has been called a "hack" by local politicos that know him.

You made ignorant statements, and I pointed them out.