Author Topic: Huckabee Set to Announce 2016 Decision Tonight on Fox News  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Huckabee Set to Announce 2016 Decision Tonight on Fox News
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »
Mike Huckabee is in this race for one reason ans one reason only: to drain votes from Ted Cruz, Rick Perry or any other conservative who might catch fire with the SoCons in Iowa.  And he will be paid very handsomely to do it.

Yep. He won't win here, but he'll keep others from winning. Let's not forget how he played sellout to McCain in '08 which allowed him to win.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:21:07 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2015, 07:37:26 pm »
No, you're not a horrible human being.

You just engaged in a fallacy.

It happens.

Oh...... I forgot to thank you for using that adorable little True Scot fallacy thingy on me.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Next time someone throws it at me, I'll be much more prepared to debate the silliness of it all.   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2015, 07:39:00 pm »
Yep. He won't win here, but he'll keep others from winning. Let's not forget how he played sellout to McCain in '08 which allowed him to win.

I'm not sure it will work again.

Think about Cruz and his testimony for Christ, and Rubio as well.

Huckabee, not only has been exposed in the years since 2008, but doesn't have the proverbial corner on the 'market' any more.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2015, 07:48:07 pm »
Yet Ted still gathers a flock.

I am guided by my own life experiences, starting with the (married) preacher of our church, running away with my father's (married) secretary. Our family was very active. My dad was the "owner-builder" of the new sanctuary, and I lit the candles and took the offering plates.

My wife and I were married in that sanctuary, because her Catholic church would not marry us.

I was really, really turned off by a chaplain in the Army, who dismissed my moral, philosophical worries, with "son, go kill a Commie for Christ."

What I object to is the idea that the President of the US has to first and foremost satisfy "evangelicals," as if they should wield such power above everybody else.

Taking a recent example in the life of our country, many argue that a significant number of evangelicals refused to vote for Romney for religious reasons alone, giving us the current President.

Finally I am a recovered alcoholic. Now over 21 years clean and sober. I am active and have studied recovery. Catholic churches and moderate Protestant churches in my area provide meeting space for 12 step meetings. None of the evangelical churches have meetings. The prevailing idea there is, you don't need those meetings. We can fix you here.

Like I said, I refer to my life experiences. I don't care very much for any organized religions.

Valid arguments.

And you're most certainly not alone in rejecting organized religion.  Again, that goes back to the fact that churches are filled with nothing but sinners.  Just like every other organization in the world.  The only difference is that we have the answer in Scripture to our moral depravity.

As for Ted's following...... every charlatan has followers.  Jim Jones got a lot of people who thought he was a Christian to commit suicide for him, but when they went through their things at Jonestown, there wasn't a single Bible.  No one there tested his words against Scripture.  They worshiped the man, and not God.

Where Christians often fail is when they get away from the truth of Scripture, and if we don't test what 'preachers' are saying against what God's word says, we can follow leaders down the wrong path.

But back to the subject........ I really don't think Huckabee is going to have the same kind of effect as he had in 2008.  The field is much stronger than it was then, and his cover has been blown for those who have paid attention.

Not to say there aren't still gullible folks out there (AbaraXas' argument for that was good), but I believe far more people are aware of who he is than were in 2008.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2015, 10:07:41 pm »
Oh...... I forgot to thank you for using that adorable little True Scot fallacy thingy on me.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Next time someone throws it at me, I'll be much more prepared to debate the silliness of it all.   :beer:

No problem. It's always a pleasure to dust off my otherwise unused minor.

If you'd like, I can provide you with a solid list of the most common logical fallacies for future reference.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2015, 10:16:19 pm »

If you'd like, I can provide you with a solid list of the most common logical fallacies for future reference.

One possible list:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »

No thanks.

This one was bad enough, and completely inaccurate.

I don't need to see any more.  Nope.

Edited to add:  Seriously, Luis..... why would I want a list of even more bogus arguments after I've dealt with your persistently  bogus argumentation today??

As a mother who raised a brilliant philosophy professor, I would urge you to consider the fact that I am not that illogical.  ^-^
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:31:54 pm by musiclady »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2015, 02:27:41 am »
No thanks.

This one was bad enough, and completely inaccurate.

I don't need to see any more.  Nope.

Edited to add:  Seriously, Luis..... why would I want a list of even more bogus arguments after I've dealt with your persistently  bogus argumentation today??

As a mother who raised a brilliant philosophy professor, I would urge you to consider the fact that I am not that illogical.  ^-^

You're taking credit for your son's success.

How quaint.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2015, 01:09:26 pm »
You're taking credit for your son's success.

How quaint.

It's our daughter.

How sexist.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2015, 01:19:04 pm »
Coming back to this thread for a final post to reiterate what I said from the beginning:

**No one, who names the Name of Christ, seeks to follow Him, studies His teaching in Scripture, and the teaching of the Apostles, knowingly, willingly, consistently follows a leader who goes against those teachings.**

There are those who are ignorant and naïve who will unwittingly follow someone who goes directly against Scripture, but NO one who seriously follows the teachings of Jesus would knowingly follow a corrupt leader.

All the faux philosophy and pseudo-intellectual, populist argumentation against that statement doesn't change the truth of what it says.

Though I have no doubt that those committed to the 'cause' will continue their phony arguments against it.

End of my comments. 

Peace.     :seeya:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2015, 01:22:45 pm »
So.....what was Huck's decision?    :whistle:   

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2015, 01:29:59 pm »
So.....what was Huck's decision?    :whistle:   

:laugh:

May 5th, last I heard.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2015, 01:37:56 pm »
May 5th, last I heard.

Thanks, ML.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2015, 01:48:32 pm »
**No one, who names the Name of Christ, seeks to follow Him, studies His teaching in Scripture, and the teaching of the Apostles, knowingly, willingly, consistently follows a leader who goes against those teachings.**

For whatever it's worth, I FULLY concur with that statement as written.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »
For whatever it's worth, I FULLY concur with that statement as written.

It's worth a LOT!  Thanks, Bigun!  :beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2015, 05:43:57 pm »
We always have to keep in mind that we, as Republicans, cannot lose.

Any one of our candidates, any of them, (including Huckster, which is not my choice) will be 1000 times better than the racist, anti-American, Black Muslim Communist that we have now.

Maybe I am thinking in 'baby steps', but the first goal has to be to kick the anti-Christian, anti-Israel, anti-American, Islamist we have now out on his Black ass. And the rest of his racist, pro-Muslim 'crew' will go with him.

Agreed, but the anti-American, Black Muslim Communist isn't running again, only the party who supported him.  Unfortunately, I don't see that the GOPe has done anything to stop that agenda.  That is why IF a GOPe candidate (Bush, Rubio, Huckabee, Christie, Graham, etc.,) gets the nomination the Dems might just take it and they know it. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.