Author Topic: First Poll Shows Rubio Surge After Announcement, Now Beating Bush in Florida  (Read 3702 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The troll on here is obvious and it is not libertybele ! Nothing bad about being on Cruzcontrol. :beer:

No problem with somebody pushing a specific candidate, but not to denigrate or slander others on the same 'team'.

Seen charges today that Huckabee is "corrupt".   And that Marco Rubio is a "liar".

I apologize for my not being to take bullshit with a spoon on a daily basis.   :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

The troll on here is obvious and it is not libertybele ! Nothing bad about being on Cruzcontrol. :beer:

Actually, at this point in time, there is something 'bad' about it.

Being so strong a supporter of Cruz that you call his opponents "Democrats" is problematic on a forum where people are making decisions based on truth and not feeling.

We're going to have a strong field for 2016, and we need to be honest and open about who's who without hyperbolic labeling.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

Being so strong a supporter of Cruz that you call his opponents "Democrats" is problematic on a forum where people are making decisions based on truth and not feeling.

We're going to have a strong field for 2016, and we need to be honest and open about who's who without hyperbolic labeling.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

I was just about to do the same!   :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Agreed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

I was just about to do the same!   :beer:
Well, heck, let's make it a threefer  :beer:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online libertybele

I'm beginning to think you're nothing but a CRUZ groupie troll, libertybele.    :chairbang:

Wow.  Just. wow. I've been called a lot of things but a Cruz groupie troll? What is that supposed to be?  First off, I stated that JEB was LIKE a Democrat in many ways, I didn't actually call him a Democrat.  As for Ted Cruz, I firmly and honestly believe that he is the GOP's best chance and last chance at turning things around; maintaining our Constitution and sovereignty and stopping the "transformation" of America that has already been set in place.

That's all.  I consider myself an American patriot, Constitutional conservative and quite honestly, scared to death that we aren't going to make it to another election with the ISIS and Iran crisis situations over our heads.  I also question the so-called rumors of our military training to round up masses of  U.S. citizens (Christian conservatives) and imprison them in the "rumored" existing FEMA camps.

Yes, the GOP has a lot of great candidates.  However, if amnesty is granted (and Rubio and Bush are ok with Obama's executive order) MILLIONS will be given the right to vote...those votes will be DEMOCRAT; the same party that gave them voting privileges...enter Rubio/Bush ticket.  At that point, I don't see that ticket winning over Clinton.  Purely my opinion of course.  BTW I don't feel I need to apologize for not wanting to support amnesty in any way.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:21:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

Hey!  Listen up!  There's only one troll here, and that's me!!!

Online DCPatriot

Wow.  Just. wow. I've been called a lot of things but a Cruz groupie troll? What is that supposed to be?  First off, I stated that JEB was LIKE a Democrat in many ways, I didn't actually call him a Democrat.  As for Ted Cruz, I firmly and honestly believe that he is the GOP's best chance and last chance at turning things around; maintaining our Constitution and sovereignty and stopping the "transformation" of America that has already been set in place.

Thank you for responding, libertybele. 

We all probably have our 'favorite' among the so-far, declared candidates by this time.   But as many of us have already said, we'll proudly vote for whomever the Republican Nominee may be.

Saying "Jeb is LIKE a Democrat" is silly.  Held up to the light of today's Democratic Party, it's ridiculous!  The Democratic Party has essentially become the Communist Party.  And...isn't that the same as calling somebody a RINO?  A term you use without hesitation around here.   Despite Myst's personal appeal to not demean candidates over a year out of the election?

That's all.  I consider myself an American patriot, Constitutional conservative and quite honestly, scared to death that we aren't going to make it to another election with the ISIS and Iran crisis situations over our heads.  I also question the so-called rumors of our military training to round up masses of  U.S. citizens (Christian conservatives) and imprison them in the "rumored" existing FEMA camps.

We ALL consider ourselves American patriots here.   It's in my username...and has been since 1998 when I first 'met' many of you. 

And, we're all a little scared/concerned at what Barack Obama is capable of...in his hatred of our country and heritage.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online libertybele

No. There is NOTHING bad about being confident about a particular candidate and researching a candidate.  To accuse me of strictly liking Cruz purely based on my feelings without any shred of research is absurd and you certainly don't know me very well (obviously) at all. To say that I am not honest about stating Bush is in many ways a DEMOCRAT is absurd.  He is fine with Obama's executive order on amnesty.  To deny that, quite frankly is not being honest. 

I have a right to my opinion and I will NOT apologize for not wanting to support a candidate who is pro amnesty, and addresses the public in Spanish, pro Common Core, involved in the S&L and numerous land grab (some by eminent domain) scandals.  I have provided links previously and had worked with a group on trying to stop the Bush land grabs by eminent domain.

What I find even more absurd is to be attacked in a forum that is supposed to be conservative because I support who I feel is the best and most conservative candidate that the GOP has -- Ted Cruz.    Yet, supporting a pro-amnesty, pro Obama executive order candidate is seen as just fine.  I see that as what is problematic.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

To libertybelle –

I like Sen. Cruz. Just as I like many of the top tier and other prospective GOP presidential candidates at this point. But, one can like aspects of an individual candidate's platform or admire them personally without supporting their bid to become commander in chief.

Example from the past. I have always admired Newt Gingrich, but in 2012 I vehemently opposed his candidacy in favor of Romney's. Judgment call. Everyone has a political calculus they use to selecte who they'll support.

We want to clear the general election hurdle, but we want to do it with the best person possible ending up in office.

And btw, DCP, even though I agree with your point about speaking ill of other candidates, when did posters expressing their politics start bothering you? You are one who normally tolerates individual  differences.

Online DCPatriot

What I find even more absurd is to be attacked in a forum that is supposed to be conservative because I support who I feel is the best and most conservative candidate that the GOP has -- Ted Cruz.    Yet, supporting a pro-amnesty, pro Obama executive order candidate is seen as just fine.  I see that as what is problematic.

WHOA!!   "a forum that is supposed to be conservative"?   I must have missed that memo, libertybele. 

This isn't TOS (The other site) where many of us were 'born'.   |

In fact, IIRC, we became who we are due to various purges.   We all think of ourselves as Conservative to one degree or another.

Online DCPatriot

And btw, DCP, even though I agree with your point about speaking ill of other candidates, when did posters expressing their politics start bothering you? You are one who normally tolerates individual  differences.

Sal, I'm not at all bothered by a poster with a different opinion of POV.  In fact, it's what keeps this place so damned special to me and many others.

But in the time Libertybele has been with us, it's clear that she's been smitten by Ted Cruz...to the degree and frequency that she's pushing him on a consistent basis. 

That by itself, is just fine with me.  But you...I and everybody else knows that the moment Ted Cruz' name appears, it becomes a thread where a freaking year and a half out, we're fighting and arguing to the point that threads are locked or the owner once again is telling us that she's ready to turn off the lights.

And when I saw the "Ted Cruz" thread in the Members Only category on the heels of said activity...I felt I needed to say something.

Offline musiclady

No. There is NOTHING bad about being confident about a particular candidate and researching a candidate.  To accuse me of strictly liking Cruz purely based on my feelings without any shred of research is absurd and you certainly don't know me very well (obviously) at all. To say that I am not honest about stating Bush is in many ways a DEMOCRAT is absurd.  He is fine with Obama's executive order on amnesty.  To deny that, quite frankly is not being honest. 

I have a right to my opinion and I will NOT apologize for not wanting to support a candidate who is pro amnesty, and addresses the public in Spanish, pro Common Core, involved in the S&L and numerous land grab (some by eminent domain) scandals.  I have provided links previously and had worked with a group on trying to stop the Bush land grabs by eminent domain.

Ah....... but you are not just 'confident' about your candidate.  You are damning the other candidates and accusing those who are still looking for the best person to be President as not being conservative.

No one is saying you don't have a 'right' to your opinion.  But you also have an obligation to not be hostile to the rest of us.

In fact, you angrily accused me of 'hating' the Tea Party on a thread where I was vehemently defending the Tea Party (because I am part of it, and actually have been on the platform of a Tea Party gathering).  When you found out you were wrong, you never even admitted it. (I had seen enough of you to know you wouldn't apologize, but an 'oops' would have been nice).  You just huffed away, I guess.

I would suggest that you back off your (incessant) attacks on others, contribute your own POV, and see what happens.

All you are doing now is cementing the negatives for Cruz (his rabid supporters), and not doing him any good.

I happen to like Cruz a lot and am looking seriously at him, but you are not helping his cause AT ALL.

Let's pick the best candidate to beat the vile, anti-American left, OK??  Stop eating your own, libertybele.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You're right! There is nothing wrong with supporting YOUR candidate in any way that you can without being disrespectful of the opinions of others.

My short list at the moment is !. Governor Scott Walker  2. Governor Rick Perry (warts and all) and  3. Ted Cruz and I'm going to work like the dickens to see that one of them gets the nomination but I will be respectful of the opinions of others in the process for so long as they allow me to be.

We have a LONG way to go before election day and all of us will enjoy some triumphs and suffer some great disappointments before we get there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Ah....... but you are not just 'confident' about your candidate.  You are damning the other candidates and accusing those who are still looking for the best person to be President as not being conservative.

No one is saying you don't have a 'right' to your opinion.  But you also have an obligation to not be hostile to the rest of us.

In fact, you angrily accused me of 'hating' the Tea Party on a thread where I was vehemently defending the Tea Party (because I am part of it, and actually have been on the platform of a Tea Party gathering).  When you found out you were wrong, you never even admitted it. (I had seen enough of you to know you wouldn't apologize, but an 'oops' would have been nice).  You just huffed away, I guess.

I would suggest that you back off your (incessant) attacks on others, contribute your own POV, and see what happens.

All you are doing now is cementing the negatives for Cruz (his rabid supporters), and not doing him any good.

I happen to like Cruz a lot and am looking seriously at him, but you are not helping his cause AT ALL.

Let's pick the best candidate to beat the vile, anti-American left, OK??  Stop eating your own, libertybele.

Great post, as usual, musiclady!   :patriot:

Online libertybele

STOP Music. Good grief.  I am NOT damning (to use your words) anyone, nor am I going to apologize for my pro-conservative, anti-amnesty OPINION, nor am I going to defend myself for something I didn't do or haven't said that you turn around and try to use to  "pick" me apart. Also, I certainly am not going to engage this ridiculous argument any further out of respect to the founder of this forum.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I've said it before, I'm glad Rubio's not a democrat. This guy's got a wealth of personal appeal and in the age of American Idol, that's all one needs to land him in the White House.

A wealth of personal appeal without any governing experience.  He sounds like our version of the 2008 Obama.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Hey!  Listen up!  There's only one troll here, and that's me!!!

What am I?

Chopped troll liver?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No problem with somebody pushing a specific candidate, but not to denigrate or slander others on the same 'team'.

Seen charges today that Huckabee is "corrupt". And that Marco Rubio is a "liar".

I apologize for my not being to take bullshit with a spoon on a daily basis.   :beer:

IIRC, my statement (if that's where you saw said charge) was that several political activism groups listed Huck as one of the most corrupt politicians in the U.S. before his 2007 Presidential run.

The conservative group that did that was Judicial Watch.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/corrupt-politicians-lists/judicial-watch-announces-list-of-washingtons-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians%E2%80%9D-for-2007//

Online DCPatriot

IIRC, my statement (if that's where you saw said charge) was that several political activism groups listed Huck as one of the most corrupt politicians in the U.S. before his 2007 Presidential run.

The conservative group that did that was Judicial Watch.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/corrupt-politicians-lists/judicial-watch-announces-list-of-washingtons-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians%E2%80%9D-for-2007//

First, understand that I wasn't meaning to call anybody out specifically for the "Huckabee is corrupt" comment.

In fact, I've learned over the years reading your posts...that NOBODY supplies more links/proof to back up what you say here.

So....we're good?    :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
First, understand that I wasn't meaning to call anybody out specifically for the "Huckabee is corrupt" comment.

In fact, I've learned over the years reading your posts...that NOBODY supplies more links/proof to back up what you say here.

So....we're good?    :laugh:

We're always good.

Offline musiclady

STOP Music. Good grief.  I am NOT damning (to use your words) anyone, nor am I going to apologize for my pro-conservative, anti-amnesty OPINION, nor am I going to defend myself for something I didn't do or haven't said that you turn around and try to use to  "pick" me apart. Also, I certainly am not going to engage this ridiculous argument any further out of respect to the founder of this forum.

Hmmm.......... who exactly asked you to 'apologize' for your pro-conservative views?  (No one at all, methinks).

(An apology for an angry, false personal accusation is always appreciated, but never expected).

btw, I'm a full fledged, across the board conservative, so we SHOULD get along.

How 'bout you give it a try?   :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

We're always good.

Appreciate that more than you know, Luis!   :beer: