Author Topic: You Won’t Believe Where Howard University Students Went For Spring Break …  (Read 614 times)

rangerrebew

You Won’t Believe Where Howard University Students Went For Spring Break …

V. Saxena 
April 3, 2015

A group of students from Howard University decided to celebrate their spring break by travelling to Ferguson to perpetuate the “hands up, don’t shoot” myth and visit the Mike Brown memorial:

Mike Brown Memorial

They also tutored local high school students in math, science, English and “the prison industrial complex.” According to these Howard students, the convicted criminals who reside in our prisons must endure “slave labor,” in that if they refuse to work, “they are punished with solitary confinement.”

I hate to burst their bubble, but that assertion happens to be completely false. Even leftist lunatic and terrorist James Kilgore, who himself spent a number of years in our prison system, knows better:

I spent six and a half years in Federal and state prisons at high, medium and low security levels.  In all these institutions, very few people, if any, were under contract to private corporations. My memories of prison yards feature hundreds and hundreds of men trying to pump some meaning into their life with exercise routines, academic study, compulsive sports betting, religious devotion, and a number of creative and entrepreneurial “hustles.”  But being under the thumb of Bill Gates or entering a Nike sweatshop was just about the farthest thing from our warehoused reality.

I got to be honest. While I dislike the fact that these Howard students honored Mike Brown AND taught local high schoolers falsities pertaining to our criminal justice system, I do appreciate their good intentions. I feel like them going to Ferguson to volunteer sure beats travelling to Panama to partake in debauchery.

Plus, not all Howard students went to Ferguson. According to NJ.com, some traveled to Newark to plant trees at the Hawthrone Avenue farm, renovate an apartment building and speak to students at the Malcolm X Shabazz High School about “financial literacy, media literacy and sociopolitical consciousness”:

Howard Students Renovating

You know, if they were to simply pull the politics out of what they are doing and focus instead on just doing good via volunteering, they could be onto something pretty awesome! And I say this as someone who despises, loathes and literally HATES the snot-nosed, beer-chugging, pot-smoking and spoiled-rotten brats who congregate in Panama every year.

But for now, I got to give them one thumbs down, because teaching kids bullshit about our prison system is just not cool …

H/T NBC News