Author Topic: New Daily Show Host Joked U.S. Worse Than Apartheid South Africa  (Read 693 times)

Offline flowers

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2015/03/30/new-daily-show-host-joked-us-worse-apartheid-south-africa

On Monday, Comedy Central announced that South African comedian Trevor Noah would be replacing Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show. To get a feel for Noah's brand of humor, one could simply watch his debut on the fake news show in December of 2014, when he jokingly declared that present-day America had worse race relations than Apartheid South Africa.

After introducing Noah as the show's newest contributor at the time, Stewart noted: "And I know that you flew in, I guess, yesterday from South Africa." Noah replied: "Yeah, I just flew in and boy are my arms tired....No, no, seriously, I've been holding my arms like this since I got here." He made the completely discredited "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" gesture with his hands and added: "I never thought I'd be more afraid of police in America than in South Africa. It kind of makes me a little nostalgic for the old days back home."

Offline musiclady

Re: New Daily Show Host Joked U.S. Worse Than Apartheid South Africa
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:19:20 pm »
More bullying by the left.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:41:25 pm »
Oh goody, a American hating a$$hole.  The left will love him.  :chairbang:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:48:24 pm »
"It kind of makes me a little nostalgic for the old days back home."

Don't let the door hit you on the way back...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:48:45 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:46:53 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024