Author Topic: CRUZ: GOP LEADERSHIP BLOCKED MY FUNDRAISING AFTER ACA-LINKED SHUTDOWN  (Read 1184 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/29/cruz-gop-leadership-blocked-my-fundraising-after-aca-linked-shutdown/

by DAN RIEHL29 Mar 2015Washington, DC

Per a Washington Post report, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) claims that after the 2013 government shutdown over the Affordable Care Act both he and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) “had their money spigot turned off by (GOP) leadership because blocking access to money is how leadership disciplines members.”

Cruz made the claim in an interview with the New Hampshire Journal, then followed it up the next day with comments at a brunch. He declined to name names, however.

In 2013 we got quite a lot of money from D.C. PACS, and when the defund fight happened, that dropped to almost zero,” Cruz said at the Rockingham County Republican Committee and Seacoast Republican Women Brunch ….

Cruz said that there were “multiple reports” from big-money fundraisers in Washington that “they had been told in no uncertain terms, do not write a check to these guys.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: CRUZ: GOP LEADERSHIP BLOCKED MY FUNDRAISING AFTER ACA-LINKED SHUTDOWN
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:04 pm »
What political advantage does Cruz accomplish, with this now?

If he is intent on running against his own party, and claiming to be against the establishment, don't be surprised when his campaign coffers come up short, and people ask about his Goldman Sachs wife.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:57:50 pm »

If he is intent on running against his own party, and claiming to be against the establishment, don't be surprised when his campaign coffers come up short, and people ask about his Goldman Sachs wife.

He's NOT running against his own party, he's running against the "establishment" of his party and quite frankly I believe Americans are tired of the "establishment" on both sides of the fence.  I don't doubt that the "establishment" has been trying to silence him for a long time.  I see the GOPe as not only running against their own party but thumbing their noses at their constituents as well.  Don't be surprised if the GOPe loses big time...again!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »

I love my brother and he loves me, but if I punch him in the gut and call him an a$$hole, he's going to turn around and kick my a$$.

If Cruz and his supporters believe that he will trash talk the GOP establishment, call them a bunch of names and get away without that establishment kicking his a$$ in return, he and they are both morons.

P.S. He will lose too. They didn't get to be the establishment by being meek little wallflowers afraid to get down and dirty when needed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:17:23 pm »
I know facts are alien to the fringers' groupies.

But the "establishment" is made up of the companies which employ millions of people. And those companies borrow money from big banks, and contribute to the Chamber of Commerce, too.

So when one decides it is smart, to piss in one's own Wheaties, don't be too surprised if more workers, say to him/her...no.

You'll recall that in Nov. 2014 just that took place. The so called  TP candidates lost out, and the GOP made big gains in all regards.

So don't be surprised when the GOP bases their resource allocations, on that SUCCESSFUL strategy.

You don't walk up to your boos, say "F you" turn and walk away, turn back and say I want a raise and promotion. That is effectively where Cruz has set his strategy.

But in the meantime, be sure to hangout with fringe groupies, on fringe sites, and high-five each other, back and forth. You will believe all of the motion you make, is something which it is not. That something it is not, would be a broadening of appeal.

Here is a depiction of what Cruz could have said: "I am not looking backwards, but looking forwards. I will need all factions of not just the Republicans, but Independents and some Democrats."

If he did that, his groupies would start to question his dedication, however. He would be showing political smarts, persuasiveness, e.g.. things the groupies know not of.

When TP candidates display too much common sense and pragmatism, they usually get called names too.

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:23:17 pm »
He's NOT running against his own party, he's running against the "establishment" of his party and quite frankly I believe Americans are tired of the "establishment" on both sides of the fence.  I don't doubt that the "establishment" has been trying to silence him for a long time.  I see the Rhinocerotidae as not only running against their own party but thumbing their noses at their constituents as well.  Don't be surprised if the Rhinocerotidae loses big time...again!

His wife IS the establishment.  An exec at Goldman Sachs is about as "establishment" as one can be at this point.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:29:49 pm »
His wife IS the establishment.  An exec at Goldman Sachs is about as "establishment" as one can be at this point.
And to a lot of people, he is the establishment. He is Senator from the 2nd largest state, and he is running for President.

He didn't go to Tim Buck Two University, he went to Liberty University, for his announcement.

The ironic thing is this: For his efforts to succeed, he needs massive support from the very establishment that his groupies whine about. Money and votes.

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:44:24 pm »
And to a lot of people, he is the establishment. He is Senator from the 2nd largest state, and he is running for President.

He didn't go to Tim Buck Two University, he went to Liberty University, for his announcement.

The ironic thing is this: For his efforts to succeed, he needs massive support from the very establishment that his groupies whine about. Money and votes.

I'm uncomfortable with the term "groupies."  Cruz is surely bright enough and capable enough to someday be President.  His biggest problem in years to come of GOP primaries is that he seem hell-bent on putting off the very people he needs to vote for him in primaries.

Running as a maverick is fine and dandy, and Cruz is certainly charismatic.  I do think most of that is for the benefit of his zealous supporters, though, and not a strategy that could win a general election, if not the GOP primaries.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 09:55:42 pm »
I'm uncomfortable with the term "groupies."  Cruz is surely bright enough and capable enough to someday be President.  His biggest problem in years to come of GOP primaries is that he seem hell-bent on putting off the very people he needs to vote for him in primaries.

Running as a maverick is fine and dandy, and Cruz is certainly charismatic.  I do think most of that is for the benefit of his zealous supporters, though, and not a strategy that could win a general election, if not the GOP primaries.
Call then groupies, or call them zealous supporters. The rest of it stands; e.g.. he needs the very people he and his supporters seem to feel no compunction, of pissing off and calling names.

Reagan first ran in 1968, then 1976 and only got the nomination in 1980 on his 3rd try.

Cruz has a long way to go, have a broad enough appeal, to win nationally.

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 12:58:00 am »

Cruz has a long way to go, have a broad enough appeal, to win nationally.

That's fair.  His next elected office should be governor of Texas.  The Senate is where politicians go to make money and not have any real responsibilities, other than their staff.  Even the House has to be elected every two years.  Cruz is setting himself up to be safe in Texas.  He even announced his candidacy first with a Spanish-language message.  Remember the thread here where people where crushing Jeb Bush for saying he's bi-lingual?

I don't at all want Jeb, either, but the hypocrisy is such a turn-off to me about Cruz also using Spanish that he didn't even speak to reach out to Latino voters. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 01:39:38 am »
An excellent question. 

I don't see this as a productive fundraising tactic.