Author Topic: Indiana Democrat Says GOP Colleague’s 18-Month-Old Son Is Racist [AUDIO]  (Read 1374 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Indiana Democrat Says GOP Colleague’s 18-Month-Old Son Is Racist [AUDIO]

Posted By Chuck Ross On 6:43 PM 03/27/2015 In | No Comments

An Indiana Democratic state representative made a shocking claim during a floor speech earlier this week when she said a Republican colleague’s 18-month-old toddler was scared of her because she’s black.

Rep. Vanessa Summers was debating the Religious Freedom Restoration Act on Monday when she speculated that Republican Rep. Jud McMillin’s young son is a fledgling racist.

“I have told Representative McMillin I love his little son, but he’s scared of me because of my color,” Summers speculated. “And that’s horrible.”

“It’s true,” Summers said in response to groans from the legislative body.

“And that’s something we’re going to work on. We’ve talked about it. And we’re going to work on it.”

“I asked him ‘please, introduce your child to some people of color so that he won’t live his life as a prejudiced person.’”

LISTEN:

Video of Summers’ cringeworthy remarks is also available.

McMillin responded to the attack, telling the Indianapolis Star that the incident was “unfortunate.”

“You’d like to think that we would have professional discussion on the House floor and certainly be able to avoid having 18-month-olds in the discussion,” McMillin said.

“I can tell you that if he reacted the same way he reacts with anybody brand new, he buries his head in his dad’s shoulder. Whoever it is, it’s what he does. He’s an 18-month-old kid; he’s in a new environment up here in the place like the Statehouse but doesn’t know anybody. I honestly don’t remember anything out of the ordinary.”

After Monday’s session, Summers stood by her comments recalling her first meeting with McMillin’s son.

“He looked at me like I was a monster and turned around and cried,” she told the Star. “And I told him you need to introduce your child to some people that are dark-skinned so he will not be scared.”

(h/t The Blaze)

Follow Chuck on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/27/indiana-democrat-says-gop-colleagues-18-month-old-son-is-racist-audio/

Offline aligncare

The woman is clearly a self hating projectionist.

Racial tensions never will go away as long as Democrats play the race card and incorporate racial politics into their daily political power scheme. And as long as Democrats continue to believe it's the job of government to discern and control the thoughts of citizens.

Offline raml

That has to one of the stupidest remarks ever made but with these democratic idiots mouthing off all the time about race you never know. Toddlers and babies are known for having times in their lives they are very shy and anyone new can make them cry and it has nothing to do with color or race. My daughter use to cry if my mother in law tried to hold her for over a year. My son use to get hysterical when my father in law tried to hold him when he was a baby. They both ended up loving their grandparents they just didn't see them enough when young to joyfully jump into their arms or even smile at them every time they did see them and there were times they wanted nothing to do with anyone but their parents. I am lucky all babies seem to like me no matter their color or race I must have a trusting face because every baby I ever have seen wants to come to me even during their shy times but that is rare and most babies don't like strangers at sometime in their lives. I am so tired of race being used that it actually had made me a bit race conscious something I really hadn't been before these last few years.

Offline GourmetDan

And as long as Democrats continue to believe it's the job of government to discern and control the thoughts of citizens.

These people are no longer Democrats.

They're communists...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

An Indiana Democratic state representative made a shocking claim during a floor speech earlier this week when she said a Republican colleague’s 18-month-old toddler was scared of her because she’s black.

It's prolly not so much that she's black... she's most likely been severely beaten with an ugly-stick...

Yep... that would terrify me if she got up in my face.  I'm siding with the kid on this one...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:38:43 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
For God's sake - children cry when they see Santa Claus and he is as white as you can get!

These people are ate up with racism!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Racial tensions never will go away as long as Democrats play the race card and incorporate racial politics into their daily political power scheme. ]]

Fishrrman's credo:
"Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be."

Reality:
"Racial tensions never will go away".
That's it.
No "...as long as", except:
...As long as there are races, there will be tensions between them.
This cannot be changed, and writing on paper will not change it.
It is what it is.

One thing that can be said for the blacks:
They KNOW this, inherently, and in knowing so, they use the "tension" as "leverage" against guilty whites who will twist themselves inside out trying to deny it.

This is why the blacks (at least for now) have the upper hand.
It's why they will CONTINUE to have that upper hand, until whites wise up.

If they ever do....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:28:59 am by Fishrrman »

Offline aligncare

Point taken.