Author Topic: Rick Perry’s new video provides a stark contrast to Cruz’s messaging  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/03/rick-perrys-new-video-provides-stark-contrast-to-cruzs-messaging/

Not all Texans are alike

Though he’s yet to officially toss his hat in the ring, Governor Perry is quietly building out the framework for his 2016 run.

Iowa is RickPAC’s latest release.

Governor Perry’s message is markedly different from Senator Cruz’s for reasons other than his west Texas drawl — inclusion and experience.

Senator Cruz formally launched his presidential bid in a fiery speech at Liberty University Monday. Though he’s an undeniably passionate conservative, Cruz’s message might not be the fit for everyone, though it’s a lovely dream to have. More problematic is that this Conservatopia effectively marginalizes everyone who doesn’t seize the vision. It’s not an attractive ideal, rather a disappointingly exclusionary one.

Cruz is pitching himself as a true conservative. Of his principles and dedication to the banner of conservatism, there’s absolutely no question. Ted Cruz is a true believer in the purest sense. But trying to win the White House with only a faction of the conservative base and little to show in terms of tangible leadership results (other than the ability to rouse portions of the grassroots) are two obstacles Cruz will have to navigate around. Not to say either is unsurmountable, but they are unavoidable.

And then you have Governor Perry.

Governor Perry has a lengthy resume that touts years of executive work experience in a state with an international border, and the advantage of low expectations. After traveling the campaign trail post-back surgery in 2012, Perry has one poorly executed presidential run under his belt and nowhere to go but up.

He too has issues to face, or at least explain. Among which are the Texas Dream Act (distinctly unlike the federal variety despite the similarity in title), the trans-Texas corridor and the charges of cronyism, and then of course there’s his infamous “oops” moment.

But if the Governor’s latest video Iowa is any indicator, we can expect Perry to run as the man who will use his governing experience to heal a deeply disjoined post-Obama America.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5efJj37y4

“Regardless of where you are — left or right, we need somebody that can stand up and say, listen, let’s quit fighting each other. Let’s find the places that we can agree on,” says Perry, speaking to a small group of people in Iowa. “We long for someone in this country who has the experience to take America on a different path than it’s on today.”

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

He's my third choice, after Paul and Walker, but I could easily put him at the top, as I did in 2012.  He has the best record of any of the governors running, including Walker, Bush, Kasich, Christie, Jindal.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Never understood the fuss over the trans Texas corridor. You want to attract business, you had better have good and efficient transport links.

And the first person who whines about eminent domain and "seizing peoples land" can shut right up permanently about a border fence then - you ain't going to get one of them without doing the same.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He built Texas at the expense of the other 49 states. No thanks.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

How?  By attracting businesses and people there with the promise of a better economy and more opportunity?

What a creep!   /s

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Never understood the fuss over the trans Texas corridor. You want to attract business, you had better have good and efficient transport links.

And the first person who whines about eminent domain and "seizing peoples land" can shut right up permanently about a border fence then - you ain't going to get one of them without doing the same.

Taking hundreds of thousands of acres off the property tax roles and cutting large properties into pieces is a REALLY big deal here!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's my third choice, after Paul and Walker, but I could easily put him at the top, as I did in 2012.  He has the best record of any of the governors running, including Walker, Bush, Kasich, Christie, Jindal.

He's in my top three as well but admit to still being ticked off over his calling me heartless last time around.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

Exactly.  Good record from a successful state, the camera likes him, but he does need to remember his top priorities.  Hopefully he's better prepared than 2012.  He's going to be denigrated by many in the Cruz crowd though which won't help him even especially in Texas.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline aligncare

This is going to be an interesting presidential election cycle.

I have a suspicion that Obama's destructive rampage through the Constitution and the Silence of the Lambs in congress will result in a backlash against democrats and left leaning republicans in the voting booth come November '16.

From my iPad's virtual keypad to God's ear.

Offline libertybele

The fuss???  Are you kidding me?? Oh boy, don't get me started.  The Trans-Texas corridor is part of the NAFTA Superhighway.  The plan for the North American Union utilizing a superhighway was to link Mexico, the U.S. and Canada and is one reason that our borders still remain open and illegal immigration hasn't been stopped. The Security, Prosperity Partnership comprised of U.S/ Bush, Mexico/Fox and Canada/Harper.  Virgil Goode at the time actually submitted a resolution; H.Con. 40 preventing the construction of the NAFTA Superhighway.  Further, Rudy Giuliani's law firm (Bracewell & Giuliani) represented a major company (Cintra from Spain) involved in the Texas portion of the Superhighway, called the "Trans Texas Corridor".  Interestingly, Giuliani has always denied his involvement which is a bunch of crap. 

At the time, a group of us knocked on the door of our Congressman Connie Mack while he was in town and we spoke to him face to face and flat out asked him his "stance" on illegal immigration, the NAU/SPP and the NAFTA Superhighway.  He bold face denied that their was a plan for a North American Union, nor was there any plan for a NAFTA Superhighway; keep in mind that he was a member of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee!!  I will NEVER forget the smug grin on his face as he made the denials.

http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/NAUArticles.html

With that being said, it has been "rumored" that Perry who met with the Bilderberg's was their hopeful for 2012.  Now he is emerging as a possible presidential contender for 2016.  He has done great things for Texas without a doubt and I do think he would make a great president EXCEPT his stance on illegal immigration, his involvement in the NAU/SPP/NAFTA Superhighway.

Quite frankly, I want our borders CLOSED, not open and certainly don't want Mexico, U.S. and Canada linked.  I prefer that the United States of America retain it's sovereignty.

Which brings me back to Ted Cruz.  So far he is the ONLY candidate that is tough on illegal immigration.

Cruz is Golden!  2016
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:37:09 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wow. I live in a state which lost companies to Texas. One was my former employer, a very major firm.

I give kudos to Texas, for competing and winning.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We gots ourselves another Bilderberger conspiracy believer here, folks.

Even Fresno.com seems to have grown past that stage.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

Woah.  Wait a minute here.  I listed the "Bilderberg" connection as rumor.  I would find it highly unlikely that Rick Perry knows nothing about the NAU/SPP.  In addition, you cannot dispute as it is fact that a resolution was presented to Congress to stop the Construction of the NAFTA Superhighway and I believe Ron Paul was one of the co-signers.  If there were not plans in the making, why in the hell would a resolution be presented?  You cannot dispute as it is fact that Bush/Fox and Harper met several time to form/discuss the Security and Prosperity Partnership.  It is a fact that Rudy Giuliani was involved; he was hoping that his "cut of the pie" was going to be owning the toll roads involved.  There were several Congressmen involved including Connie Mack.

Not a conspiracy at all.  I would really suggest instead of "chalking it up" to a conspiracy theory you do just a little bit of research. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Agree. Perry is part of the core I'm looking at: him, Jindal, Walker, Fiorina, and Carson. They all have leadership or executive experience, whether public or private, conservative, articulate, name recognition, etc.

Nothing against any of the others (except for Jeb), but that kind of leadership is a key component for me, in addition to good conservative bona fides.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:14:32 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

:beer:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

WTF? (and no, I don't mean Win The Future)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wow. I live in a state which lost companies to Texas. One was my former employer, a very major firm.

I give kudos to Texas, for competing and winning.

So on the national scale, let's repeat that process and use the same formula to steal business away from foreign nations to benefit the entire country. One thing I like about Perry is he served Texas in an independent nature, like an independent nation versus a subservient State. This is not a secession comment but more an originalist notion that government should be as localized as possible.

This means many decisions aren't popular and I agree, TTC is a big one, but neither was Eisenhower's Interstate system which I see as the next step in our growth (eminent domain is always a contention here).

I very much anticipate reading Bigun's comments on this being the sage of this having seen this growth in our State much longer than I and with a opinion I respect.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:14:13 am by AbaraXas »