Author Topic: Obama on Obamacare: "Every Prediction They Made Turned Out To Be Wrong," "Working Better Than Even I Expected"  (Read 1816 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/03/18/obama_on_obamacare_every_prediction_they_made_turned_out_to_be_wrong_working_better_than_even_i_expected.html

Posted on March 18, 2015
Obama on Obamacare: "Every Prediction They Made Turned Out To Be Wrong," "Working Better Than Even I Expected"

PRESIDENT OBAMA: They believe it's time to end the social contract which has sustained so many of us -- the basic bargain of shared sacrifice and shared responsibility. Own it and make the argument. But you can't credibly claim that [their] vision is about helping working families get ahead or that this budget is a path to prosperity. It's the same argument I'm having with healthcare.

It was one thing for them to argue against Obamacare before it was put in place. Every prediction they made about it turned out to be wrong. It's working better than even I expected. But it doesn't matter. Evidence be damned. 'It's still a disaster.' But why?

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

For the left, it is the proclamation that matters.  Not the reality.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Everything that comes out of his mouth is 180 degrees from the truth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

Concise and absolutely correct.

Offline GourmetDan

Well... for the left, the proclamation is reality.

If you perceive a different reality, that is your problem not theirs.

Their reality is just fine...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The Emperor truly has no clothes.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

The Emperor truly has no clothes.

Yeah but if you like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance... and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor... but we have to pass it to find out what's in it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

Too true.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yeah but if you like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance... and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor... but we have to pass it to find out what's in it...
But you will save $2500 a year on your health insurance.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The guy is a fool. Made worse by the fact that he (and he only, worldwide) believes his own bullshit.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Relic

The guy is a fool. Made worse by the fact that he (and he only, worldwide) believes his own bullshit.

I disagree. Lots of Americans believe him. My brother is one of them.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I disagree. Lots of Americans believe him. My brother is one of them.

My brother is the same. I saw him yesterday and he was not happy because his business had a better year than anticipated so he has to pay back 100% of his Obamacare subsidy. I could see the light coming on a bit.

I felt for him on other fronts. His adult step kids are throwing him a left curve. His cash outflow at a time when his business is taking off is weighing on him. Now, the unanticipated Obamacare hit.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

My brother is the same. I saw him yesterday and he was not happy because his business had a better year than anticipated so he has to pay back 100% of his Obamacare subsidy. I could see the light coming on a bit.

I felt for him on other fronts. His adult step kids are throwing him a left curve. His cash outflow at a time when his business is taking off is weighing on him. Now, the unanticipated Obamacare hit.

I understand. Blood is thicker than politics.