Author Topic: Church of England Vicar: Give Thanks to the God We Love, Allah  (Read 599 times)

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Church of England Vicar: Give Thanks to the God We Love, Allah

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On March 14, 2015 @ 9:11 am In The Point | 16 Comments

Now that the Church of England is hosting Inclusive Mosque services, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until Mecca allows a church. And then a gay bar.

Reverend Giles Goddard, vicar of St John’s in Waterloo, central London, joined in the event by reading a passage from the Bible at the ‘Inclusive Mosque’ event.

He then asked the congregation to praise ‘the god that we love, Allah’, it was reported last night.

It was organized to coincide with the run-up to International Women’s Day last weekend.

Nothing goes together quite as well as a mosque and feminism. The left is losing what little is left of its collective mind.

Rev Goddard defended his decision to hold the event, describing it as a ‘very moving’ service.

He added: ‘It is very much about St John’s being a place of welcome. We understand God as a generous God, a God who celebrates love and celebrates life.

‘We try and make sure we live that out. In that sense we feel very properly Anglican.’

Muslims understand Allah as a deity that hates, that feasts on cruelty and thrives on mass murder.

The Koran commands Muslims not to take Christians or Jews as friends and demands their domination and submission by the rule of Islamic Supremacism.

At the end of the service, the vicar read a section of Psalm 139 and said: ‘This is from the Hebrew scripture – we all share these great traditions, so let us celebrate our shared traditions, by giving thanks to the God that we love, Allah.’

I assume he didn’t read the part of 139 that says, “Depart from me therefore, ye men of blood” or “Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate Thee? And do not I strive with those that rise up against Thee?”

Or Goddard could have found some common ground by reading from the Koran, “And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them” (Quran 9:30)

Or a little lesson on a Muslim tradition that he chooses not to share.

“And be not so slack so as to cry for peace when you have the upper hand, for Allah is with you.” (Quran 47:35)

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/church-of-england-vicar-give-thanks-to-the-god-we-love-allah/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Church of England Vicar: Give Thanks to the God We Love, Allah
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 11:55:13 pm »
(sigh)

Who's winning?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:33:32 am »
Wow. This is real true clinical insanity. This Vicar has lost his freakin' mind.

Does this nutball have any idea what is happening to Christians all over the world at the hands of Muslims? Rape, torture, slavery, crucifixion. Does he have any idea what would happen to him if he ever went to Iraq, Syria, or Gaza to outreach to the Muslim there? He would be dead by sundown, and not in a nice way.

He is out of his mind.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 12:49:33 am »
Wow. This is real true clinical insanity. This Vicar has lost his freakin' mind.

Does this nutball have any idea what is happening to Christians all over the world at the hands of Muslims? Rape, torture, slavery, crucifixion. Does he have any idea what would happen to him if he ever went to Iraq, Syria, or Gaza to outreach to the Muslim there? He would be dead by sundown, and not in a nice way.

He is out of his mind.

Well the sad part there are those here in the states who feel the same way.. I mean the followers of Chrislam..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 01:30:52 am »

Just another example of how 'the leadership' in every organization seems to be insane...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:44:57 am »
Just another example of how 'the leadership' in every organization seems to be insane...

The older I get the more I become convinced that we're all insane. I hope nobody wonders why aliens don't want to come say hello.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates