Author Topic: Netanyahu says sees 'real danger' of losing re-election bid  (Read 656 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Netanyahu says sees 'real danger' of losing re-election bid
« on: March 10, 2015, 11:39:06 pm »
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-says-sees-worldwide-effort-topple-him-114542253--business.html

Netanyahu says sees 'real danger' of losing re-election bid
ReutersReuters – 2 hours 4 minutes ago

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday he saw "a real danger" he might lose next week's closely contested election and asserted that there was a worldwide effort to ensure such an outcome.

In what Israeli media called an unannounced visit to a rally north of Tel Aviv, Netanyahu entreated supporters to make sure he defeats rival Isaac Herzog of the left-of-center Zionist Union party by casting ballots in the March 17 vote.

"It's far from being certain, there's a real danger," the said the right-wing premier, who has been in office since 2009.

In footage of the event obtained by Reuters Television, Netanyahu said Herzog would seek to renew peace talks with Palestinians and negotiate about "dividing Jerusalem, giving back territory". He was alluding to his rival's promises to seek to revive negotiations that collapsed in April.

Israeli Army Radio earlier aired what it said were comments Netanyahu made on Monday to party activists in which he said "it is a very tight race. Nothing is guaranteed because there is a huge, worldwide effort to topple the Likud government".

The radio interpreted his remarks as referring to foreign funding for advocacy groups campaigning for a change in government in Israel.

Likud and the center-left Zionist Union are running neck-and-neck in opinion polls ahead of the March 17 ballot, with Netanyahu widely seen by political commentators as having a better chance of forming a governing coalition after the vote.

As election day approaches, "Netanyahu is feeling the pressure ... he is shooting in all directions", Herzog told Israel Radio.

Netanyahu received rousing applause in the U.S. Congress last week during a speech against a potential nuclear deal with Iran sought by President Barack Obama's administration.

But the visit came on the invitation of Republican leaders in Congress who did not consult the White House and Democratic legislators beforehand. Critics accused Netanyahu of intervening in U.S. politics, and the Republicans of trying to boost his re-election prospects.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Netanyahu says sees 'real danger' of losing re-election bid
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 03:25:22 pm »
fl

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:28:32 pm »
I pray the Israeli's are smart enough to keep this good man as President.   :0001:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:35:41 pm »
I pray the Israeli's are smart enough to keep this good man as President.   :0001:
Yes

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:49:40 pm »

I pray that Obama & Co haven't been able to infiltrate their election process to the point where there will be voter fraud on the level we saw in 2012.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:26:45 pm »
I pray that Obama & Co haven't been able to infiltrate their election process to the point where there will be voter fraud on the level we saw in 2012.
They have put much effort into that. Also to the elections in Canada.  **nononono*

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:08:22 pm »
They have put much effort into that. Also to the elections in Canada.  **nononono*

Obama & Co kept asking Netanyahu to postpone his speech until after his election, that tells me they had a reasonable expectation that he would not win the election.

I put NOTHING past these people!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 02:11:24 am »
First, he's energizing his base.  And, second, Likud would have to lose in a landslide for Netanyahu not to be the next PM.  Losing small means he'll do what he did in 2012 and form a coalition with Likud as the majority and return as Prime Minister.

He never would have dissolved his government if he thought for a moment he wouldn't win his historic fourth term as PM.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:12:52 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 02:22:12 am »
Has anybody checked on the whereabouts of Ohio's voting machines?    :whistle:

Pics please?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald