Author Topic: Lib College Professor Want To Lower Voting Age To 16 So They Can Vote For Libs  (Read 680 times)

rangerrebew

Lib College Professor Want To Lower Voting Age To 16 So They Can Vote For Libs

By Robert Gehl, March 10, 2015.

A liberal college professor has decided to toss his hat into the ring for the “Dumbest Suggestion Ever” by saying the voting age should be reduced to 16.

Peter Levine, a political science professor at Tufts, proclaims himself to be an expert in citizenship and public affairs. He seems to think that since 16-year-olds need to learn to “get into the habit” of voting, letting them actually vote is a good idea.

“I just want them to vote before they turn 18, because then we can teach them to vote, teach them how the process works, and teach them to vote responsibly by, for example, getting up to speed on the issues before they vote,” he said.

Levine may be an expert in citizenship, I don’t know. What I do know is that he is an expert in how to keep Democrats in office. He spelled this out in The American Prospect back in 2008 when he said the key is to get more young people voting and keep them “behind Obama.”

He went on to slobber over Obama by saying he “electrified voters” and asked for their “active citizenship.” These young people could be be advocates for climate change and public transit.

So a liberal professor wants to lower the voting age so those young people can vote for liberal candidates and causes.

Sounds about right.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/lib-college-professor-want-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-so-they-can-vote-for-libs
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:28:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So a liberal professor wants to lower the voting age so those young people can vote for liberal candidates and causes.
It's a classic lesson from advertising: advertisers will pay a premium to reach a younger audience because (at least according to conventional wisdom) that younger minds are more malleable and can more easily be sold on a product—whereas older people are more or less set in their beliefs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:56:10 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024