Author Topic: Michelle Obama Thinks People Struggling To Make Ends Meet Are Mentally Ill  (Read 1417 times)

rangerrebew

Michelle Obama Thinks People Struggling To Make Ends Meet Are Mentally Ill

By Brian Anderson, March 5, 2015.

When you are an elitist, sometimes you are so disconnected from reality that it’s hard to understand how the common people live. Take for example Michelle Obama who felt a woman asking her for help in a Target store was disrespectful and an obvious example of racism. Then there’s her insistence that school children should enjoy tasteless rudimentary paste for lunch because her professional chef cooks her 5-star healthy gourmet meals. Her latest “Marie Antoinette” moment comes as she equates struggling to pay the bills with being mentally disabled.

The First Lady, in her latest of pretending like she gives a crap initiatives, spoke at a mental health summit announcing the launch of the “Change Direction” campaign. Formed by the non-profit group Give and Hour, the campaign looks to provide mental health services to a wide variety of people. It sounds like a worthy cause, but Michelle Obama completely ruined the message once she opened her mouth, as reported by the AP:

“At the root of this dilemma is the way we view mental health in this country. Whether an illness affects your heart, your leg or your brain, it’s still an illness, and there should be no distinction,” said Obama.

Well actually there is at least one big distinction. Generally physical ailments are easier to diagnose and treat then mental ones, but that’s not really the thing I have a problem with. Check out how the FLOTUS characterizes mental illness:

“Life can be stressful. Folks are faced with all kinds of challenges. They are stretched thin at work. Their paychecks don’t stretch far enough. Millions struggle every day just to get by,” she said.

Stress at work and struggling to make ends meet are signs of mental illness? That’s not a mental disorder, that’s life for almost every single American. Under this line of thinking, the only people who aren’t crazy are trust-fund millionaires.

This line really smacks of elitism. Like a rich person can’t possibly understand why a person would put off a luxury item purchase to catch up on some bills. She is essentially saying that anyone who can’t afford to take lavish vacations and wear designer clothes is clearly insane.

To me, having employment and financial difficulties is less of a mental health problem and more of a democrat problem. Thanks to democrats like Michelle’s husband, we have a sluggish economy that is causing misery for millions. It’s jobs-killing regulations and crushing taxes that are stressing people out; not widespread bi-polar disorders.

If Michelle Obama really cared about all the “crazy” people, and we know she doesn’t, she’d impress upon Barack and the other democrats to work for a more business-friendly environment so people would have job and financial security. Perhaps she could fit it in between hosting a gala with Beyonce at the White House and taking a ritzy vacation on the taxpayer’s dime.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/michelle-obama-thinks-people-struggling-to-make-ends-meet-are-mentally-ill
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:23:30 am by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

As opposed to the free phone, food stamp, Title 8 crowd?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

She is essentially saying that anyone who can’t afford to take lavish vacations and wear designer clothes is clearly insane.
Sez the stupid cow who's taking her entitled brats on a luxury vacay to Japan just because ... it's spring break, and don't all kiddies at Sidwell Friends go overseas for spring break?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

Sez the stupid cow who's taking her entitled brats on a luxury vacay to Japan just because ... it's spring break, and don't all kiddies at Sidwell Friends go overseas for spring break?

Yes, they do. And frequently, they do so in their own private jets. Because flying "commercial" is so... déclassé.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Mentally ill people are their entire constituency.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I think we're all a little crazy.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I think we're all a little crazy.

I'll give you that Dex - we all keep doing the same thing over and over - expecting a different result.

**nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

we all keep doing the same thing over and over - expecting a different result.

That describes the Rino's in the senate AND congress. They keep on kissing the rear ends of the dems thinking the msm and the dems will love them. Yet over and over again the same result.

Offline Rivergirl

Encouraging everyone to seek mental health help is simply a back door way to add those people to the banned list to own fire arms or to confiscate their presently owned firearms.

Offline mountaineer

Encouraging everyone to seek mental health help is simply a back door way to add those people to the banned list to own fire arms or to confiscate their presently owned firearms.
That's the truth. Gee, I'm having trouble paying my $300+ heating bill this month, I must be crazy. Better take away my guns!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

That is exactly what is going on here.