Author Topic: Replace John Boehner as House Speaker  (Read 600 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Replace John Boehner as House Speaker
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:22:42 am »
http://www.redstate.com/2015/03/03/replace-john-boehner-house-speaker/

By: Bill S (Diary)  |  March 3rd, 2015 at 05:00 PM

By: Bill S  |  March 3rd, 2015 at 05:00 PM  |  8

As my colleague streiff wrote a while ago, (alleged) Republican Speaker of the House Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)N/A just pushed through a “clean” bill to fund the Department of Homeland Security and funded Barack Obama’s plan to grant amnesty to millions of illegals.  Boehner has once again flipped the bird to the conservative base and shown his cowardice in the face of the Democrat meanies who threaten to throw a fit about a shutdown.

John Boehner must go.  He must be replaced as House Speaker.  He does not represent the interests of the majority of Americans who voted for a Republican House of Representatives and Senate and whose clear message was “oppose Barack Obama”.

Boehner and his cowardly GOP compatriots (seen in non-italics here) must be booted from the House during the next election season.  As far as I’m concerned, Boehner should be campaigned against in the next primary AND the next general election, should he survive the primary.  In the interim, the 167-some GOP House members who do possess some semblance of courage should immediately begin the process of removing Bohener as speaker.  It’s time for the GOP representatives to shake the fear of retribution from Boehner and his co-conspirators and fight back.  Committee assignments are not worth the damage that House and Senate leadership are doing to the Republican party and to the country by continuing to tolerate Barack Obama’s patently unconstitutional behavior.

I encourage you to write or call your representatives and demand that they work to remove Boehner as Speaker.  The cowardice of the GOP leadership must stop now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:23:00 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Replace John Boehner as House Speaker
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:40:51 am »
Two points:

(a) Obama set the GOP up to fail with the immigration/amnesty thing, and the GOP is currently playing right into his hands; and

(b) the amnesty provisions are on hold right now courtesy of a federal court injunction, so there is absolutely nothing positive to be gained from continuing to try and kick this football set up by Lucy Obama.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 01:32:58 am »
More hand wringing, by and for low information conservatives (LIC), who pretend their approach will overcome the 2/3 requirement in the Constitution, to overturn a Presidential veto, by replacing a Speaker and/or Majority Leader.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:53:00 am »
More hand wringing, by and for low information conservatives (LIC), who pretend their approach will overcome the 2/3 requirement in the Constitution, to overturn a Presidential veto, by replacing a Speaker and/or Majority Leader.

And you continue to ignore the fact that the "leadership" could play some REAL hardball if they weren't afraid of their damned shadows!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:39:13 am »

Amen..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:51:52 am »
And you continue to ignore the fact that the "leadership" could play some REAL hardball if they weren't afraid of their damned shadows!!
What specific version of hardball trumps a 2/3 requirement?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:06 am »
What specific version of hardball trumps a 2/3 requirement?

The power to appropriate money which belongs EXCLUSIVELY to congress comes immediately to mind!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 03:04:44 am »

Hardly.  Intransigence is not leadership.  There is nary a single Reaganesque conservative (or Republican) in Congress at this moment, and most certainly not amongst the intransigents.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:18 am »
The power to appropriate money which belongs EXCLUSIVELY to congress comes immediately to mind!

The issue is not, and never has been, the power of the purse; the issue is, and always has been, the political fallout from exercising that power.

Remember how Obama shut down the parks and generally shut down the various parts of the government that most Americans interact with, just to make the last shutdown painful?  No amount of wishful thinking can whitewash the fact that the GOP lost on that shutdown.

Now apply that hard-learned lesson to a shutdown of DHS.  What would Obama do?  Keep in mind, his primary goal is embarrassing and ensnaring the GOP, not leading the country.  Would he marshal the remaining resources to do what he could to maintain security?  What a real leader would do?  You cannot seriously tell me that anyone with even half a brain believes that.  No.  What he'll do is shut down all of the visible aspects of security.  The DHS at airports would be cut to a skeleton crew, so that, for example, every single passenger would have to go through the one and only functioning security line, staffed by only two or three people.  Obama:  "we really hate to have to do this to people, but we have no choice; the GOP took away all the money needed to pay for the security that this country needs.  I cannot let that happen and my administration is using what little resources DHS still has to make sure that we maintain the security of the US, even if it makes everyone mad at us because we can only have one functioning security line at each airport.

Yeah, that's going to do wonders for the GOP.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 03:36:47 am »
The issue is not, and never has been, the power of the purse; the issue is, and always has been, the political fallout from exercising that power.

Remember how Obama shut down the parks and generally shut down the various parts of the government that most Americans interact with, just to make the last shutdown painful?  No amount of wishful thinking can whitewash the fact that the GOP lost on that shutdown.

Now apply that hard-learned lesson to a shutdown of DHS.  What would Obama do?  Keep in mind, his primary goal is embarrassing and ensnaring the GOP, not leading the country.  Would he marshal the remaining resources to do what he could to maintain security?  What a real leader would do?  You cannot seriously tell me that anyone with even half a brain believes that.  No.  What he'll do is shut down all of the visible aspects of security.  The DHS at airports would be cut to a skeleton crew, so that, for example, every single passenger would have to go through the one and only functioning security line, staffed by only two or three people.  Obama:  "we really hate to have to do this to people, but we have no choice; the GOP took away all the money needed to pay for the security that this country needs.  I cannot let that happen and my administration is using what little resources DHS still has to make sure that we maintain the security of the US, even if it makes everyone mad at us because we can only have one functioning security line at each airport.

Yeah, that's going to do wonders for the GOP.

I understand that you and some others here truly believe that. I do not!  I believe that the people of this country just gave the republicans in congress a big mandate to STOP the run away Obama administration and unless they do everything in their power to actually DO that, including shutting down the government if necessary,  it won't happen again!

And furthermore if people who claim to be on our side would simply STOP endlessly repeating the democrat talking points we would get a LOT further tthan we currently are able to.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:13:02 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien