Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Netanyahu Addresses Congress  (Read 10034 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Netanyahu Addresses Congress
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »
Well, wait a moment.   We both understand English, don't we?

Netanyahu's speech wasn't supposed to offer an alternative plan. 

And how can anyone present a different plan, when they are being shut out on the process regarding the PRESENT 'plan'?

Instead, he did exactly what I said to RiV the other day.  Words mean something to Bibi.   He essentially said never again, when he shouted "NO MORE!!".

He told the world that he's prepared to go it along to preserve thei existence.

To me.....that's pretty damn "NEW"!!

How could he discuss an alternative plan without revealing the existing plan that the Obama admin warned him not to reveal?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2015, 10:00:29 pm »

We've mostly shared the same POV over the years, Right_In-Virginia.  Frankly I am surprised and more than a little bit shocked at your position regarding Bibi Netanyahu and Israel in general.

It's not a stretch at all for me to imagine "Breaking News" that Tel Aviv had suffered a nuke attack by Iran or a client state.

Evidently, it is improbable....or even impossible, to you.

Just to clarify--sometimes folks have a hard time (not just here) with the difference:  I support Israel.  I do not support Benjamin Netanyahu.

Back to you're question:

Nothing's impossible.  But I do see it as improbable.  Maybe I just can't wrap my heart around any nation being willing to wipe itself off the planet just to wipe out someone else.  And with their proximity and Israel's Samson Option--that's what would happen.  The whole region would be glass.

I find it hard to believe that Netanyahu REALLY sees this issue in terms of a mushroom cloud, for the same reasons I don't.

I think Netanyahu's always seen Iran as a threat to the world order in the Middle East.  Iran may forge political avenues with Europe and the United States.  I think this is as much Mr. Netanyahu's existential threat as a mushroom cloud. 

But fear of nuclear weapons is palpable--and politically it "sells".  And, unfortunately, fear is Netanyahu's political lifeblood.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2015, 10:07:14 pm »
You have no interest in what Bibi said, or what he has said, because you've made it clear in the past you despise him.  And, on more than one occasion, you've indicated you're not exactly a fan of Israel either.

So, your faux questions and pseudo-concern over Bibi's comments should be viewed in that context.

Thanks for sharing. 

I'll say again I do not like Benjamin Netanyahu's leadership.  It is my thoughtful opinion that Mr. BiBi is hurting Israel across the globe.  And, I don't like seeing ANYONE hurting Israel. 

BTW, I never used the word "despise"--but if you need the faux drama to make your point--you've my permission.

Shalom.

Oceander

« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2015, 01:04:14 am »
RightSideNews ‏@rightsidenews 28s28 seconds ago

Valerie Jarrett: Obama Too Busy to Watch Netanyahu Speech; Cites ‘Let Girls Learn’ Initiative

:silly:

Since that was scheduled weeks ago, why would he have made such a fuss about the speech if it's so unimportant to him that he won't even watch it?

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Oceander

« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2015, 01:07:58 am »
Bibi praised Obama. Oh, puke.....

Now, now.  This gent is capable of playing a wicked game of chess; this is a gambit, no more, no less.

Oceander

« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2015, 01:09:54 am »
Diane Feinstein make a comment Sunday nastily declaring that Netanyahu doesn’t speak for her. Now she is standing clapping. He is a smart man how he set this up.

Yes he is.  He plays a wicked game of political chess; he's even better than Obama (who is, unfortunately, much better at political chess than are the hapless GOP).

Offline aligncare

« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2015, 01:12:08 am »
Now, now.  This gent is capable of playing a wicked game of chess; this is a gambit, no more, no less.

Any praise of that POS Obama still rankles me.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2015, 01:28:27 am »
Nothing's impossible.  But I do see it as improbable.  Maybe I just can't wrap my heart around any nation being willing to wipe itself off the planet just to wipe out someone else.  And with their proximity and Israel's Samson Option--that's what would happen.  The whole region would be glass.

You apparently don't see the potential for any nukes somehow falling into the hands of a group that isn't quite as rational as you or the the nation of iran. The assuption that it wouldn't happen is not a stretch people responsible for the safety of their own nation would make so casually

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2015, 01:33:36 am »
Well, wait a moment.   We both understand English, don't we?

Netanyahu's speech wasn't supposed to offer an alternative plan. 

And how can anyone present a different plan, when they are being shut out on the process regarding the PRESENT 'plan'?

Instead, he did exactly what I said to RiV the other day.  Words mean something to Bibi.   He essentially said never again, when he shouted "NO MORE!!".

He told the world that he's prepared to go it along to preserve thei existence.

To me.....that's pretty damn "NEW"!!

I was merely noting the coincidence of the R in V post being in lockstep with zero's

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:36 am »
Right in Virginia asks:
[[ I only caught snippets of the speech (in the office).  Did Netanyahu lay out an alternative to the deal he opposes?  If so, what is it?  Thanks. ]]

The “alternative” is to bomb Iran’s nascent nuclear infrastructure back to the stone age.

Israel stands alone now in the world, and if she is to survive, she has no choice but to do this.

Perhaps that can be accomplished with conventional weapons alone.

But if it can’t, the only course of action is to use whatever weapons necessary to achieve that objective.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2015, 02:24:49 am »
mystery wrote above:
[[ Wow! Democrats LASH OUT at Netanyahu, Tell Him to Go Home, Call Him “a Child” ]]

The “child” in our government is a boy in the White House!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2015, 02:34:31 am »
Any praise of that POS Obama still rankles me.

Yes, me too.  But, I understand it.  As O has said, it was chess-like.  I'd add it had a flair of statesmanship since it was in the House Chamber. 

I still hate it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:08 am »
That was a speech!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2015, 03:15:34 am »
That was a speech!

That was  Leader.

Netanyahu makes Obama seem so small and immature, and in Obama's own words Junior Varsity. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:16:07 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2015, 03:15:52 am »
"That" was  Leader.

Netanyahu makes Obama seem so small and immature, and in Obama's own words Junior Varsity. 

yup

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2015, 03:21:56 am »
No wonder Obama and the Democrats were afraid of Netanyahu speaking to Americans... they were hoping we'd forget what a REAL Statesman telling the Truth sounds like...
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2015, 03:27:53 am »
No wonder Obama and the Democrats were afraid of Netanyahu speaking to Americans... they were hoping we'd forget what a REAL Statesman telling the Truth sounds like...

LOL!   Where were you all day?

Everything okay?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2015, 04:28:16 am »
LOL!   Where were you all day?

Everything okay?   :laugh:

Admittedly, I'm not as active here as I use to be. I normally visit the site during lunch, but work is getting so busy, I barely have lunch anymore. And once I get home logging back onto a computer after being on one all day is the last thing on my mind. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2015, 04:51:45 am »
Admittedly, I'm not as active here as I use to be. I normally visit the site during lunch, but work is getting so busy, I barely have lunch anymore. And once I get home logging back onto a computer after being on one all day is the last thing on my mind.

Well, it's good to see you on the board.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2015, 05:44:31 am »
Word is Obama threw a tantrum like a 3 year old during and after Bibi's tremendous speech. His mommy Val-Jar almost had to give him a time-out and told him there would would be no nursing tonight if he does not stop it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:45:06 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2015, 06:11:32 am »
The best part of the whole thing was when Netenyahu began praising Obama. And used the line, He has helped us in ways no one even knows. When we called him, he was there.

Obama's affiliations are all radical Muslims, and radical Blacks. This would be like a police chief calling out a gang leader and saying, He helped us in ways no one knows. When we called him, he was there.

Obama must have been furious when he heard this, which only makes it more delicious.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2015, 07:21:51 am »
The best part of the whole thing was when Netenyahu began praising Obama. And used the line, He has helped us in ways no one even knows. When we called him, he was there.

Obama's affiliations are all radical Muslims, and radical Blacks. This would be like a police chief calling out a gang leader and saying, He helped us in ways no one knows. When we called him, he was there.

Obama must have been furious when he heard this, which only makes it more delicious.

I've been thinking about this all day.

Have come to the conclusion that, together with the revived story surfacing about Obama threatening to shoot down Israeli aircraft in the event of an attack on Iran, the REAL intent in the speech was to put it into the record that Israel is planning on going it alone.

And, at the same time, they have neutered Obama to react.

How can Obama interfere or kill Israelis in public after it's been claimed that "He's always helped us in more way than you know"....etc.?

It kind of ties his hands to sabotage Israel's plans. We know that Israel stopped sharing information with Obama years ago.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2015, 12:42:28 pm »

Your analysis reminds me of something I read about Mao Tse-Tung.  I guess once in a while, he would have his opponents treated well while they were in the Communists custody.  It would either get the hostage to convert to his way of thinking OR when released his fellows would believe the individual had been compromised and no longer valuable.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2015, 03:32:03 pm »
240b wrote above:
[[ The best part of the whole thing was when Netenyahu began praising Obama. And used the line, He has helped us in ways no one even knows. When we called him, he was there.
Obama's affiliations are all radical Muslims, and radical Blacks. This would be like a police chief calling out a gang leader and saying, He helped us in ways no one knows. When we called him, he was there. ]]

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..."

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »
He has helped us in ways no one even knows

I can see him meaning zero didn't know