Author Topic: The terrible, horrible, no good start for the Republicans  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: The terrible, horrible, no good start for the Republicans
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2015, 03:38:29 am »
How many election cycles of useless Democrats and Republicans need to pass before people finally realize we need more parties?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline evadR

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2015, 03:42:33 am »
Luis wrote above (regarding Relic):
[[ You've been condemning this Congress since before they were sworn into office. ]]

So did I, probably before anyone else in this forum.

And, to date, the new "Republican" Congress is behaving exactly as I predicted!

We should have been saying "I hope they fail" since their agenda has proven to be everything we voted against.

How many times will us Charlie Browns be taken?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2015, 03:45:44 am »
How many times will us Charlie Browns be taken?

As many times as you allow.
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2015, 03:50:57 am »
How many election cycles of useless Democrats and Republicans need to pass before people finally realize we need more parties?

Go ahead and start one. I'm sure you'll get a room full of people following you and all of you will convince yourselves that there are just millions of Americans out there dying to hang on your every word.

History is against you, but you're welcome to try.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2015, 03:56:06 am »
Go ahead and start one. I'm sure you'll get a room full of people following you and all of you will convince yourselves that there are just millions of Americans out there dying to hang on your every word.

The only other solution is to tear down our government and start from the bottom. You won't correct the problems we face from within the main party, but you're welcome to try.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:59:12 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:50 am »

France has done so well in their multiple Party system.

How about the Weimar Republic?

I believe there were 25+ political parties in place creating a divided and weal Reichstag.

The GOP's minority right wing wants to control the Party by threatening to withdraw its support and ceding control over to the left if the majority of the Party does not embrace their agenda.

The GOP is divided and weak as a result of the actions of its minority wing.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2015, 04:08:38 am »
The only other solution is to tear down our government and start from the bottom. You won't correct the problems we face from within the main party, but you're welcome to try.

I don't see the problems as intractable or as irreversible as you. "Tearing down the government" is never going to happen.

And a third party hasn't been viable for 160 years.

So, you're tilting at windmills.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2015, 04:13:25 am »
And a third party hasn't been viable for 160 years.

That doesn't make them a waste of time. The United States is still an infant compared to a lot of countries; 160 years isn't even that long of a time. Having been stuck on two parties for a while does not mean that trend is unbreakable.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2015, 04:22:33 am »
France has done so well in their multiple Party system.

How about the Weimar Republic?

I believe there were 25+ political parties in place creating a divided and weal Reichstag.

The GOP's minority right wing wants to control the Party by threatening to withdraw its support and ceding control over to the left if the majority of the Party does not embrace their agenda.

The GOP is divided and weak as a result of the actions of its minority wing.

What a lot of people here don't realize is believe it or not a lot of people on the left are disgusted and put off by the Democrats as well. Similar to people here they vote for their Democrat representatives out of fear that if they don't the Republicans will dominate. The Democrat and Republican parties are controlled by the same elites, so it doesn't matter who wins a Democrat vs Republican ticket. A shift to alternative parties would involve many on the right and on the left.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:26:23 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2015, 04:40:07 am »
Dex4974 senses chum in the water.  This is where his type tries to divide the GOP even further.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Dexter

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2015, 04:42:41 am »
Dex4974 senses chum in the water.  This is where his type tries to divide the GOP even further.

I can't even be disappointed; I just feel bad for you.
-Socrates

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2015, 04:50:29 am »

That's exactly what NOT to do!  There's nothing wrong with our system of government and checks and balances...as written.

We have a Republican Party leadership that has made a conscious decision to let the court system rule against Obama's overreach.  In the meantime, the American people are getting more fed up and angry with this presidency.

When you add those two facts up...going into 2016, it would follow that the Republicans will destroy whomever the Democrats put up.

THAT'S the strategy, it seems.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2015, 04:55:09 am »
THAT'S the strategy, it seems.   :shrug:

Are you so sure a Republican land slide will result in the changes we all want to see happen?
-Socrates

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2015, 05:01:33 am »
Are you so sure a Republican land slide will result in the changes we all want to see happen?

The only 'changes' that I want to see is a 180 degree reversal of whatever Obama did.  Every Executive Order rescinded.  Free market healthcare restored.

....and then I want every one of these MF'ers rounded up and ...........     :smokin:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2015, 05:03:57 am »
The only 'changes' that I want to see is a 180 degree reversal of whatever Obama did.  Every Executive Order rescinded.  Free market healthcare restored.

Do you think all of that will happen when the Republicans are in control? Will your interests be properly represented?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:04:21 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2015, 05:48:26 am »
Do you think all of that will happen when the Republicans are in control? Will your interests be properly represented?

Like Reagan once said, if you get 75% of what you want, you've won.  (paraphrased)

Offline Dexter

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2015, 05:49:48 am »
I hope your optimism is well placed.  :beer:
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2015, 06:02:38 am »
I can't even be disappointed; I just feel bad for you.

Why, because I pegged you from the start?   :shrug:

Offline Dexter

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2015, 06:06:51 am »
Why, because I pegged you from the start?   :shrug:

No, because you will spend the rest of your life seeing the world in black and white.
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2015, 09:48:15 am »
No, because you will spend the rest of your life seeing the world in black and white.

I live in the gray regions.  I also know your act here.   It's so predictable, and I'm a bit baffled why the mods here can't see it. 

Offline evadR

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2015, 12:58:31 pm »
What a lot of people here don't realize is believe it or not a lot of people on the left are disgusted and put off by the Democrats as well. Similar to people here they vote for their Democrat representatives out of fear that if they don't the Republicans will dominate. The Democrat and Republican parties are controlled by the same elites, so it doesn't matter who wins a Democrat vs Republican ticket. A shift to alternative parties would involve many on the right and on the left.
What I see among my dimocrat friends is that they are disgusted and put off but they blame the republicans.
Regarding third parties, the only effect I've seen is they cause the republican candidate to loose by syphoning off just enough votes to cause the loss.  Witness the latest election for senator in Virginia.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »
I live in the gray regions.  I also know your act here.   It's so predictable, and I'm a bit baffled why the mods here can't see it.

"See" what?  What do the 'mods' not see?

A different POV?  Opinion?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Dex's presence here, IMO. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2015, 02:00:16 pm »
Interesting turn to this thread.

However, what people are forgetting is that we are laboring under a new paradigm. A first ever black president in a minority black nation hypersensitive about race because of a racial legacy of slavery and segregation.

A white president acting this lawlessly – as Obama clearly is – would've been impeached long ago by a Congress unhampered by political correctness. And as I've said many times before, political correctness will be the death of America.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:03:29 pm by aligncare »

Offline Relic

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2015, 02:15:32 pm »
Interesting turn to this thread.

However, what people are forgetting is that we are laboring under a new paradigm. A first ever black president in a minority black nation hypersensitive about race because of a racial legacy of slavery and segregation.

A white president acting this lawlessly – as Obama clearly is – would've been impeached long ago by a Congress unhampered by political correctness. And as I've said many times before, political correctness will be the death of America.

Good point. I guess I must not be racist enough, because I often forget Obama is black, but I never forget that he's a Marxist and a muslim supporter.

The Democrats are exploiting what they always have used, identity politics. The next president will be a Democrat woman, and the Republicans won't dare stand in the way of the first woman president.

Political correctness started out as being incredibly silly, something no one would ever take seriously. Who would have guessed it would be the demise of a great nation?

rangerrebew

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »
We're not talking about a "start," we're talking about a continuation.