Author Topic: Feinstein Slams Netanyahu: 'Arrogant' to Think He Speaks for All Jews  (Read 1588 times)

rangerrebew

Feinstein Slams Netanyahu: 'Arrogant' to Think He Speaks for All Jews

Will attend speech before Congress, but doesn't "intend to jump up and down."

3.1.2015 |

News

| Trey Sanchez |

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) slammed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday during her appearance on CNN's State of the Union calling the PM "arrogant" for thinking he speaks for all Jews.

Feinstein told host Dana Bash that she plans on attending Netanyahu's speech before Congress but doesn't "intend to jump up and down." Feinstein did, however, promise to "listen respectfully."

Relevant transcript and video below:

Bash: You are a Jewish American. You are a Democratic senator, so you have a lot of different, sort of, personal constituencies, if you will. When Netanyahu says he's coming to speak, he says he speaks for all Jews. Does he speak for you?

Feinstein: No, he doesn't speak for me on this. He doesn't at all speak for me.

Bash: Does that bother you when he says he speaks for all Jews?

Feinstein: Yeah, I think it's a rather arrogant statement. I think the Jewish community is like any other community, there are different points of view. So I -- I think that arrogance does not befit Israel, candidly. I think Israel is a nation that needs to be protected, that needs to stand free, that hopefully can work constructively with Palestinians to have a side-by-side state and to put an end to the bitterness that has plagued this whole area.

Bash: Do you think that by speaking to Congress two weeks before his election is a sign of arrogance?

Feinstein: Well, I think it is certainly a sign of a political move. Now, whether this political move can be effective or not, I don't know, but it's not helpful. And it's not helpful to attack our president. He is our president, and this brings the country together.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/feinstein-slams-netanyahu-arrogant-think-he-speaks-all-jews
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:27:15 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Feinstein Slams Netanyahu: 'Arrogant' to Think He Speaks for All Jews
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:44:50 am »
Another political assassination tool.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:43:22 pm »
Did he really say he speaks for all Jews?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:44:58 pm »

Dunno!   Does she speak for all Democrats?   :whistle:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:45:18 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »

Of course not. Like all Democrats these days, Dianne is a graduate of the Barack Obama Strawman School.

All you need is a compliant, left-wing pseudo-journalist to plant the question, and off you go.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:48:41 pm »
Oh Fineswine's p.o.'d because she things she speaks for all Jews and doesn't like Netanyahu cuttin' in.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:59:24 pm »
Oh Fineswine's p.o.'d because she things she speaks for all Jews and doesn't like Netanyahu cuttin' in.

Made me laugh. This all just a childish hit on Netenyahu.

As several have already said, she would never say that it is arrogant for the Prime Minister of Britain to think he speaks for all British people everywhere, because it a ridiculous premise to start. No one, except her maybe, has ever said or thought that.

She is just showing everyone that she values Obama and Liberalism more than she does the safety of Israel. She is trying to exempt herself from the current wave of antisemitism rolling over D.C.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 12:46:31 am »

If Benjamin Disraeli were still around, he would carve Obama into slices so thin, they'd blow away in a summer breeze.

The old Prime Minister did not speak for Jews, he spoke for his nation. Which is more than Obama has ever done, or will ever do.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 12:58:14 am »
Netanyahu was speaking for the state of Israel.

The media slut, Bash, simply teed it up for Feinstein.

Edit: sorry, Andy didn't see your post above.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:59:07 am by aligncare »

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 01:04:13 am »
If Benjamin Disraeli were still around, he would carve Obama into slices so thin, they'd blow away in a summer breeze.

The old Prime Minister did not speak for Jews, he spoke for his nation. Which is more than Obama has ever done, or will ever do.
:amen:
The Swine is panicking like all the other sycophant Obamites.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 06:03:55 pm »
She thinks she speaks for everyone on gun control yet is so arrogant she packs heat. :facepalm2:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 06:40:12 pm »
Not all Jews, but pretty sure he speaks for the majority, if not all, Israelites.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 06:42:06 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the only people ever to speak for all Jews were Joan Rivers and Sammy Davis Jr.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 10:33:16 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the only people ever to speak for all Jews were Joan Rivers and Sammy Davis Jr.