Author Topic: Chuck Todd Asks Dr. Ben Carson How His Christian Faith Can 'Co-Exist' With Science  (Read 1546 times)

rangerrebew

Chuck Todd Asks Dr. Ben Carson How His Christian Faith Can 'Co-Exist' With Science

"Maybe those things aren't scientific."

3.1.2015 |

News

| Trey Sanchez |

On Sunday's Meet the Press, NBC's Chuck Todd was unsure exactly how Dr. Ben Carson's Christian faith could "co-exist" with science.

Todd asked the potential 2016 presidential candidate for an explanation:

You're a famed neurosurgeon, the best -- some say -- the best pediatric neurosurgeon living in the world today. You're a man of deep faith. Explain how science and religion, in your mind, co-exist.

Carson, a Christian who rejects the theory of evolution and global warming, said he finds it quite easy to find a "correlation" between science and his personal beliefs. He also explained that a person's faith should not dictate public policy and said speaking on faith is better done in an open forum rather than a short interview.

Carson's complete statement is below:

I personally believe that a person's religious beliefs are the things that make them who they are, gives them a direction in their life. But I do not believe that religious beliefs should dictate one's public policies and stances. I find a very good measure of correlation between my religious beliefs and my scientific beliefs. People say, 'How can you be a scientist, how can you be a surgeon, if you don't believe in certain things?' Maybe those things aren't scientific. [laughs] Maybe it's just propaganda. You know, I think what we should -- I'm always willing to sit down and discuss things. And people who say, 'Well, you have to believe this, you have to believe that,' I'm willing to discuss with them why they believe what they believe, and why I believe what I believe, but that can't be done in a sound bite type of interview. It needs to be done in a forum where you can sit down and deeply explain why you believe what you believe.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/chuck-todd-asks-dr-ben-carson-how-his-christian-faith-can-co-exist-science
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:19:22 am by rangerrebew »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Mr. Todd....do you believe that not all Muslims are into jihad?   Do you believe that not every Muslim is practices or avows violence in spreading their religion?

No?

Well then...why can't there be Christians can be non-missionaries and simply 'use' the religion to keep themselves grounded in this "throwaway culture"?

Thanks for playing, Chuck.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, last I heard, science has yet to definitively disprove God's existence yet, so I would assume they could very easily coexist.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline raml

Some science is only theory like evolution which has never been proven to be fact.

Offline GourmetDan

Some science is only theory like evolution which has never been proven to be fact.

Some?  More like most.

Why do you think that something as fundamental as the 'theory of gravity' needs 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' comprising 96% of the model to 'work'.

'Science' is totally broken...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

People say, 'How can you be a scientist, how can you be a surgeon, if you don't believe in certain things?' Maybe those things aren't scientific. [laughs] Maybe it's just propaganda.

Methinks the good Doctor is on to something here.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

btw, the left is going to have a harder time fitting their "Republicans are stupid" template in when it comes to Ben Carson.

It will be interesting to see them continue to try to discredit his intelligence as the campaign goes forward.

I have no doubt they'll do it, but I wonder how.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.