Author Topic: CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush  (Read 2349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush
« on: February 27, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/26/cpac-attendees-plan-walk-out-jeb-bush/print/

CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush
By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 26, 2015

A movement is underway to stage an informal protest when former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush hits the CPAC stage Friday.

William Temple, a member of the Golden Isle Tea Party, told The Washington Times that the party doesn't need another Bush in office, and said that the party should listen to the grass-roots activists that helped fuel their gains in the 2014 election.

"A lot of peoples were not going to come here because they heard Jeb Bush was speaking," Mr. Temple said before laying out his plan at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

"We are going to get up en masse, and we are going to walk out on him," the 64-year-old said. "We are not going to interrupt anyone's speech, but we are all going to exercise our right to [use] the bathroom at the same time."

Mr. Bush is expected to take part in a 20-minute question-and-answer session on Friday with Fox News host Sean Hannity.

He is leading in many early GOP presidential polls, but also is out of sync with many conservatives because he supports Common Core K-12 education standards and an immigration fix that includes legalizing the millions of people who are living here illegally.

Kristy Campbell, a Bush spokeswoman, said her boss is looking forward to being at CPAC tomorrow and engaging with the crowd during the scheduled question-and-answer session.

"It will be an opportunity to discuss his strong conservative record of leadership. We are hopeful it will resonate with attendees," Mrs. Campbell said.

Mr. Temple, meanwhile, is a familiar face at CPAC and other conservative events. Sporting a colonial solider private suit and carrying a yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flag, he said the Republican party and the mainstream media are underestimating the conservative anger over illegal immigration.

He also said he wants a presidential candidate who will reduce the national debt.

"We want new faces. We want younger faces," Mr. Temple said.

He said the party should nominate the like of Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas or Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, describing them as "true conservatives." He called Ben Carson a "good guy."

"We don't want another Bush or another Clinton," Mr. Temple said. "We don't have royalty in this country, and as much as he is trying to say I am a different Bush, I am a different person — OK, you have had two in your family. Let someone else in there."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:52:11 pm »
Good! I personally hope they have a very large participation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:04:36 pm »
This is a juvenile stunt. We expect the democrats to act like undignified, a**holes.

The GOP are supposed to be better. Most of them are. This guy shouldn't be in any public role.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:17:20 pm »
This is a juvenile stunt. We expect the democrats to act like undignified, a**holes.

The GOP are supposed to be better. Most of them are. This guy shouldn't be in any public role.

If they do it and have a high participation rate I'll just bet you that Jeb will get the message be it 'juvenile" or not!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:21:45 pm »

Agree, it is a juvenile stunt. However, it needs to be done. Do you think Jeb will get the message? He has all the establishment money and is above the American voter in his mind. It is 'juvenile" but the message will be clear. say what you want but the LIBS fight as hard as the RINOGOP CAVES. We all are tired of supposal LEADERS who lack B**** and it is time for that to change even if it is "Juvenile"

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:22:19 pm »
Moron.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »
That's a lack of respect for CPAC, not Jeb.

He was invited to speak by them.

They're protesting that he's too much like a Democrat by behaving like Democrats themselves.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 04:47:21 pm »

They're protesting that he's too much like a Democrat by behaving like Democrats themselves.

I respect you opinion Luis and strongly disagree with it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 04:55:24 pm »

I also respect your opinion Luis. However, maybe it is not all that bad to act a little like the DEMS as far as courage is concerned. What the PUB Leadership is doing is sure not working. Who decides at CPAC are the speakers? Whomever they forget the meaning of the word CONSERVATIVE  and it sure is not JEB or Christie, Carly and need to be reminded what the definition means. IT does not mean Republican any longer.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 05:05:30 pm »
I also respect your opinion Luis. However, maybe it is not all that bad to act a little like the DEMS as far as courage is concerned. What the PUB Leadership is doing is sure not working. Who decides at CPAC are the speakers? Whomever they forget the meaning of the word CONSERVATIVE  and it sure is not JEB or Christie, Carly and need to be reminded what the definition means. IT does not mean Republican any longer.

can we agree that The Club for Growth is a Conservative organization?

Jeb got a standing ovation at their meeting in West Palm Beach yesterday.

Do you think they forgot what the meaning of "conservative" is?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:05:46 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 05:12:50 pm »
If this site's owners invite someone to speak to the group, and a portion of the group plans on deliberately showing them a lack of respect, that group is disrespecting the owners.

You can both express your disapproval and respect the convention by simply not being there at all.

The juvenile idea of exercising the right to use the bathroom all at the same time shows a lack of maturity and (frankly) class.

It helps cement in place the image of the TEA Party that Democrats have been putting out there for years now.

P.S. Democrats NEVER show a crack in their unity.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 05:21:57 pm »
Jeb Bush, a moderate squish?

The governor who treated trial lawyers and teachers union leaders as enemies of the state? Who stripped job protections from civil servants? Who slashed taxes? Whose passion for privatization included enacting the nation’s first statewide private school voucher program and extended to privatizing health care for the poor, prisons and child protection services?

This “very good moderate Democrat” defied court after court to try and force the reinsertion of feeding tubes for brain-damaged Terri Schiavo and consistently backed more restrictions on abortions and fewer on gun ownership. He fought for reduced entitlement spending and, deriding nanny-state impulses, repealed the helmet law for motorcyclists in Florida and vetoed a GOP-backed bill requiring booster seats for kids in cars.

“For us who live in Florida, who experienced the eight-year Jeb Bush governorship, it’s almost laughable and maybe even hysterical for people who live outside of Florida to claim that he’s a moderate,” said former House Speaker Will Weatherford, R-Wesley Chapel, himself a conservative Republican who led the opposition to Florida accepting federal money to expand Medicaid to more than 800,000 people.

“This is a guy who probably has as conservative a record as governor as anybody I’ve ever seen,” Weatherford said, “and he has one of the most successful records as governor of anybody I’ve ever seen.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article4318173.html#storylink=cpy

George W. Bush used his success as Governor of one of the largest states - Texas - as the foundation for his successful run in 2000. Jeb Bush was an equally successful Governor of another superstate, Florida . Florida is one of the key swing states in every election, and the biggest super-state that is always up for grabs in the general election. It is also a state Republicans feels they must win in order to offset the electoral college votes that the Democrats are likely to win in California and New York. Jeb Bush has strong ties to the Hispanic community, a major voting block in Florida and other key states. His wife is Mexican-American, he is fluent in Spanish, and he has long been active in Hispanic issues and outreach. His record as Governor of one of the largest states in the union gives him plenty of ammunition in a run for the presidency.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
can we agree that The Club for Growth is a Conservative organization?

Jeb got a standing ovation at their meeting in West Palm Beach yesterday.

Do you think they forgot what the meaning of "conservative" is?

No the CLUB for Growth is not a Conservative organization, only in name only. They like Freedom Works, TP Patriots, TP Nation, etc. and have HIJACKED the TP movement for their own FINANCIAL gain. Jenny Beth Martin head of TP Patriots has been investigated and found very little has gone to TP candidates, Matt Kebbe of Freedom Works same scenario and pulling in over 500K on the 10-20 dollar donations. Sal Russo head of the Club for Growth runs it out of his apartment in CA. Club for Growth would not even help in TX for the ouster of John Cronyn this last election. I guess they needed a time out??? The TP movement is the greatest movement in this country But the HIJACKERS have taken it over for their PERSONNAL financial GAIN. That is what happens when you have no elected leaders and 1000+ TP money groups. Put that organized effort behind a Freedom party and watch the RINOGOP fall by the wayside. Not going to happen anytime soon because to much money being made by the HIJACKER groups of which most are operatives of the RINOGOP.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:23:48 pm by Longiron »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 07:30:45 pm »
No the CLUB for Growth is not a Conservative organization, only in name only. They like Freedom Works, TP Patriots, TP Nation, etc. and have HIJACKED the TP movement for their own FINANCIAL gain. Jenny Beth Martin head of TP Patriots has been investigated and found very little has gone to TP candidates, Matt Kebbe of Freedom Works same scenario and pulling in over 500K on the 10-20 dollar donations. Sal Russo head of the Club for Growth runs it out of his apartment in CA. Club for Growth would not even help in TX for the ouster of John Cronyn this last election. I guess they needed a time out??? The TP movement is the greatest movement in this country But the HIJACKERS have taken it over for their PERSONNAL financial GAIN. That is what happens when you have no elected leaders and 1000+ TP money groups. Put that organized effort behind a Freedom party and watch the RINOGOP fall by the wayside. Not going to happen anytime soon because to much money being made by the HIJACKER groups of which most are operatives of the RINOGOP.

The Club for Growth existed LONG before the TP.

The problem with the idea of anyone hijacking the TP is that the TP is far too unstructured to be hijacked.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:26 pm »
Well guess where they got the money? From gullible "true conservatives" that go more for a few harshly spoken words, than any verifiable track record.

Those true conservatives jump from hot daily outrage to hot daily outrage,  led by their media talkers, who get rich by keeping them dumb, but stirred up.

"Conservatives" waste half their time and resources defining "conservative." It is pathetic.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 08:08:24 pm »
Well guess where they got the money? From gullible "true conservatives" that go more for a few harshly spoken words, than any verifiable track record.

Those true conservatives jump from hot daily outrage to hot daily outrage,  led by their media talkers, who get rich by keeping them dumb, but stirred up.

"Conservatives" waste half their time and resources defining "conservative." It is pathetic.

Wish I had said that.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 04:58:01 am »

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 05:18:47 am »
Good to see real conservatives stand up and called out Beth Martin, Sal Russo, and Matt Kibbe.  and I hope those hydra heads are replaced with even weirder people.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 06:01:10 am »
I don't like it.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline raml

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 06:42:43 am »
Jeb Bush should go for the democratic nomination he would fit nicely in their party. Many of you here have no idea what or who a conservative is you are democrats in republican clothing you do not stand by the republican platform just as the leaders of the GOP don't either. You will  not win an election with Jeb Bush that is a fact that you need to get into your thick heads.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 07:15:13 am »
Not a Jeb Bush fan here, but a planned walk out of any of the candidates is fodder for the media hores, which is exactly the way CBS news reported the days event, showing the walk out, rather than clips from the days best speeches.   Who does the walk out?  Ron Paul people of course, who  are still packing CPAC, even though he's long gone from the political front stage. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 07:26:55 am »
Many of you here have no idea what or who a conservative is you are democrats in republican clothing you do not stand by the republican platform just as the leaders of the GOP don't either. You will  not win an election with Jeb Bush that is a fact that you need to get into your thick heads.
:seeya:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 07:40:47 am »
Will not vote for another 'Bush'.

He can call himself George, or Jeb, or Walker, it does not matter.

I am done with the Bush clan.

Why would Clinton, who is a great fan and friend of Bush, be any different than another Bush?

Flip the coin. Heads I win. Tails you lose.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.