Author Topic: Media Matters Puts Entire Staff On Mission To “Bring Down Bill O’Reilly”….  (Read 1033 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/02/26/media-matters-puts-entire-staff-on-mission-to-bring-down-bill-oreilly/

Media Matters Puts Entire Staff On Mission To “Bring Down Bill O’Reilly”….
Posted on February 26, 2015   by sundance

Media Matters employs 45 paid researchers who have a very specific goal. They advocate for far-left agendas’, create the scripted talking points for CNN, MSNBC and the alphabets, and they are mission destined to destroy Fox News.

Regarding their mission to “destroy Fox News”, they have now put their best men, top men, ALL MEN, every-single-researcher in the entire organization, on a single mission to eliminate FOX’s Bill O’Reilly.

As highlighted by politico:

David Brock has spent more than a decade trying to bring down Bill O’Reilly.

When Brock launched Media Matters For America in 2004, the liberal watchdog gave O’Reilly its “Misinformer of the Year” award. Six years later, it made Fox News its chief preoccupation, launching what Brock described as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” against the network.

So it should surprise no one that, in the wake of revelations about O’Reilly’s dubious Falklands war claims, Media Matters is on an all-out offensive.

“It’s all hands on deck,” Brock told the On Media blog on Thursday. “This is a moving target. We’re not done.”

Media Matters, which is based in Washington, employs roughly 45 researchers. According to Bradley Beychok, the group’s president, all of these researchers have been tasked with helping the effort to expose past instances in which O’Reilly lied about his personal experiences. Beychok runs the day-to-day operations, but Brock said he checks in “multiple times a day” to weigh in and give advice.

“We start our day at 5 a.m. and go ’til midnight,” Beychok said. “This guy has had a long journalism career, so there’s a lot of material. Once we’ve gone through all that material, we’ll decide how to proceed. But we don’t plan to back up one inch at this moment.”

[…] Brock and Beychok acknowledge that the accusations have yet to do any real damage to O’Reilly — his ratings are up significantly this week — but they see this as early days.

more here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
LOL!  Make his day!

It's only going to make him more popular.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

Yes, I've noticed the paid shills on news websites are bashing O'Reilly harder than Williams ever was...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The problem is that people never saw O'Reilly as anything more than a blowhard. Trying to expose him as one only states the obvious.

Brian Williams actually had credibility, which he abused in a systemic pattern of telling tall tales about himself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Six Ex-Colleagues: O'Reilly Lied About 1992 LA Riots 'Attack'

Newsmax
Six Ex-Colleagues: O'Reilly Lied About 1992 LA Riots 'Attack'
Friday, February 27, 2015 03:52 PM

By: Joel Himelfarb

Accusations continue to mount against Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, with six former colleagues now claiming he has lied about being attacked by thugs while covering the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

Six people who joined O'Reilly in covering the riots for "Inside Edition" said in interviews with the Guardian that they do not remember an incident which O'Reilly has described where "we were attacked by protesters" and "concrete was raining down."

"They were throwing bricks and stones at us," O'Reilly said in 2006. He said "the cops saved our butts that time."

Several members of group said O'Reilly may be overstating a confrontation with an angry Los Angeles resident who smashed a camera with a piece of debris.

Two group members said the man may have been upset with O'Reilly for behaving rudely after arriving at the smoldering ruins of a neighborhood in a limousine whose driver started to polish the vehicle. O'Reilly is said to have exited the limousine and yelled at the resident, saying at one point: "Don't you know who I am?"

The man "was watching us and getting more and more angry," said Theresa McKeown, director of West Coast operations for the program. "Bill was being Bill — complaining 'people are in my eye line' — and kind of being very insensitive to the situation."

Rick Kirkham, another member of the "Inside Edition" team, said O'Reilly's behavior "was just so out of line. He starts barking commands about 'this isn't good enough for me,' 'this isn't gonna work.'"

The local man "lost it," said McKeown.

Enraged, he is said to have leaped on to the "Inside Edition" team’s flatbed trailer, kicked over a light, and thrown a piece of rubble, which smashed the camera.

Neil Antin, another member of the crew, said he restrained the man, but O'Reilly continued taunting him while a producer stood between them.

"Come on, you wanna take me? I'll take you on," O’Reilly is said to have shouted at the man.

A passing police car was flagged down, and several more officers eventually arrived. Crew members said that before this, O’Reilly had been taken inside one of the "Inside Edition" team’s vehicles by a colleague.

"It wasn't a police rescue," said reporter Rick Kirkham.

The television crew told the police they did not want to press charges, the man went home, and irritated police officers instructed the crew to leave the area.

Asked if O’Reilly’s behavior was to blame for the incident, McKeown replied: "I mean, it would have pissed me off. There didn't seem to be a sensitivity for what these people were going through. It was more, 'I'm here to do my show.'"

Kirkham said O'Reilly had provoked the man, who was upset with "O'Reilly’s attitude."

In an interview with syndicated talk-show host Hugh Hewitt earlier this week, O'Reilly reiterated his claim that "we were attacked by protesters, where bricks were thrown at us."

A Fox News spokeswoman dismissed the allegations against O'Reilly as "nothing more than an orchestrated campaign by far left advocates" and said Fox News "maintains its staunch support for O'Reilly, who is no stranger to calculated onslaughts."

O'Reilly has been accused of multiple distortions of the truth by liberal media outlets in recent days. He has been attacked for allegedly exaggerating claims that he was in a combat zone during the 1982 Falklands War, and that he was outside the home of a former associate of JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald when he killed himself. O'Reilly has also been accused of claiming to have witnessed the murder of four American nuns in El Salvador when he was not in the country.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Brian Williams actually had credibility...

Yeah, there's the problem right there.

Don't give that to them... any of them...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The problem is that people never saw O'Reilly as anything more than a blowhard. Trying to expose him as one only states the obvious.

Brian Williams actually had credibility, which he abused in a systemic pattern of telling tall tales about himself.
Yet O'Reilly has been a leading performer in cable news. I challenge your judgment on this.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/wednesday-cable-ratings-oreilly-dominates-the-demo-with-705k/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Is this anything new??   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Our local rag's editor who is deep up Media Matter's butt, on queue, joined the band wagon, finding some obscure syndicated content from a rag called "Cagle Cartoons". http://www.news-journal.com/opinion/dupuy-the-make-believe-war-correspondent/article_e0c368e7-6785-5940-96db-73e22dad9dc3.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yet O'Reilly has been a leading performer in cable news. I challenge your judgment on this.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/wednesday-cable-ratings-oreilly-dominates-the-demo-with-705k/
Viewers don't watch O'Reilly for objective news content. They watch him, like any talk show host, to see him bloviate. I would think you, as much as anyone on here, would recognize the distinction.

And I'll point out here that 705,000 viewers in that demographic is a fraction of what NBC gets on a nightly basis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024