Author Topic: Netanyahu: World Powers 'Have Given Up' on Stopping Iranian Nukes  (Read 2325 times)

rangerrebew

Netanyahu: World Powers 'Have Given Up' on Stopping Iranian Nukes

Thursday, 26 Feb 2015 10:56 PM

By Joel Himelfarb

In what may be his sharpest criticism yet, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared that international powers have surrendered on preventing Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons in the current negotiations, The Times of Israel reported.

The greatest challenge Israel faces is "the threat of Iran arming itself with nuclear weapons with a declared goal of annihilating us," Netanyahu told a meeting of his Likud Party in Maaleh Adumim, a West Bank suburb of Jerusalem, on Wednesday night.

Netanyahu said that based on the agreement being negotiated by Iran and the United States and five other international powers, it appears that the latter "have given up on that commitment" to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons and have accepted "that Iran will gradually, within a few years, develop capabilities to produce material for many nuclear weapons."

"They might accept this, but I am not willing to accept this," the Israeli leader said.

Netanyahu’s upcoming speech before Congress angered the Obama administration and many U.S. lawmakers, who charged that his acceptance of House Speaker John Boehner's invitation disregarded diplomatic protocol and showed a lack of respect for President Obama.

Netanyahu said he respects the president but emphasized he has no choice but to travel to America to lobby against a nuclear deal with Iran.

"I respect the White House and the U.S. president," Netanyahu said. "But on a matter so fateful that it could determine whether we exist or not, my obligation is [to] do everything to prevent such a great danger to the State of Israel."

The Israeli leader said that in the emerging deal, the world powers appear to have accepted "the idea of Iran — gradually over the years — developing the ability to make the fissile material needed for many nuclear bombs."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/netanyahu-iran-nuclear-world-powers/2015/02/26/id/627205/#ixzz3Swbd9oDU
 Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Netanyahu: World Powers 'Have Given Up' on Stopping Iranian Nukes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:21:34 am »
He's right, of course.

Only Israel is left to stop Iran now.

Questions that remain:
Can "the stopping" be done with conventional weapons, or will they not be enough?
If not enough, will Israelis have the intestinal fortitude to do what must be done?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »
"I respect the White House and the U.S. president," Netanyahu said. "But on a matter so fateful that it could determine whether we exist or not, my obligation is [to] do everything to prevent such a great danger to the State of Israel."

Okay.  I believe this is his obligation.  Is his plan to fulfill his obligation with more words or with military action?  What's your plan, BiBi?   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:55:32 pm »
I can tell you for a FACT that if Iran isn't stopped Israel won't be their only target! The USA is in their crosshairs big time!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:06:59 pm »
I can tell you for a FACT that if Iran isn't stopped Israel won't be their only target! The USA is in their crosshairs big time!

I'll accept your thesis!  So, what's your recommended plan, Bigun?

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 03:54:27 pm »

For some smaller countries the strength to contest rouge nations like Iran is tied into the strength and courage of America which, at this point, demonstrates neither.  As far as Iran, far be it from them to not take on the cowardly lion of America.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:54:54 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 07:31:38 pm »
I'll accept your thesis!  So, what's your recommended plan, Bigun?

The plan is to remove the Mullah regime in Iran by any means necessary! Preferably by working with the Iranian people themselves and let them do it from within.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:51:59 pm »
He's right, of course.

Only Israel is left to stop Iran now.

Seems to me that he's saying that Israel isn't waiting for the 'world powers' to stop them any longer.

They must be ready to move themselves...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 08:24:11 pm »
The plan is to remove the Mullah regime in Iran by any means necessary! Preferably by working with the Iranian people themselves and let them do it from within.

Okay.  A couple of questions:   What's our role?  Will this change require a global coalition?  What does the commitment to bring about this change from within look like?   Who leads a military campaign, if required?  Who/what replaces the Mullah regime?   

I'm truly interested in your reply.  Thanks.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 09:20:20 pm »

Okay.  A couple of questions:   What's our role?  Will this change require a global coalition?  What does the commitment to bring about this change from within look like?   Who leads a military campaign, if required?  Who/what replaces the Mullah regime?   

There are no coalitions in the world these days especially if it involves Arab nations.  As far as change goes, what the change is going to be needs to be identified BEFORE any action but this is something at which Obama is notoriously deficient.  We've been training the Iraqi army for 6 years and they are still incapable of launching an attack which says something about "armies" in that area.  We can't lead it as Obama has decimated our  military to protect his muzzie brothers.  The only realistic way of ending the whole mess is for Israel to nuke the middle east until it glows.  Since that isn't going to happen, there is little that can be done except complain. :#@$%:

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 10:05:45 pm »
There are no coalitions in the world these days especially if it involves Arab nations.  As far as change goes, what the change is going to be needs to be identified BEFORE any action but this is something at which Obama is notoriously deficient.  We've been training the Iraqi army for 6 years and they are still incapable of launching an attack which says something about "armies" in that area.  We can't lead it as Obama has decimated our  military to protect his muzzie brothers.  The only realistic way of ending the whole mess is for Israel to nuke the middle east until it glows.  Since that isn't going to happen, there is little that can be done except complain. :#@$%:

I wish I could disagree with you.  This is also why I simply cannot grasp why Israel has not acted militarily.  I'm missing something, I just don't know what.   :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 10:31:57 pm »

In order to fully answer the questions you ask would require much more writing than I am prepared to do here so I will give you my short answer.

Our role depends on exactly which course of action is chosen but if we take the preferred course mentioned earlier it would involve clandestine efforts only at least to begin with.  The problem with that now, after 6 years of Obama,  is getting the people on the ground in Iran to trust us enough to move forward.  No global coalition required and no rules of engagement either.
The actual Who' among the Iranian people are now far above my pay grade but I guarantee you they are there and the right people in our government know exactly who they are  What/who replaces the Mullah regime is another question I don't know the precise answer to (above my pay grade currently) but I do know that there are those on our side who do and I trust them!

And when we get it done we HANG Jimmy Carter!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 10:37:17 pm »
In order to fully answer the questions you ask would require much more writing than I am prepared to do here so I will give you my short answer.

Our role depends on exactly which course of action is chosen but if we take the preferred course mentioned earlier it would involve clandestine efforts only at least to begin with.  The problem with that now, after 6 years of Obama,  is getting the people on the ground in Iran to trust us enough to move forward.  No global coalition required and no rules of engagement either.

The actual Who' among the Iranian people are now far above my pay grade but I guarantee you they are there and the right people in our government know exactly who they are  What/who replaces the Mullah regime is another question I don't know the precise answer to (above my pay grade currently) but I do know that there are those on our side who do and I trust them!

And when we get it done we HANG Jimmy Carter!

So we're going to use clandestine efforts to provoke a coup? 

Wouldn't that be rather iffy and ultimately trigger another civil war in the region?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »
So we're going to use clandestine efforts to provoke a coup? 

Wouldn't that be rather iffy and ultimately trigger another civil war in the region?

Yep! As far as I know we never have lived, and likely never will live, in a fail save world but given the big picture in the region currently I think most of the actors there would welcome the effort while not saying so publicly.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 11:02:16 pm »
I wish I could disagree with you.  This is also why I simply cannot grasp why Israel has not acted militarily.  I'm missing something, I just don't know what.   :shrug:

I think Obama threatened Israel militarily if they unilaterally attacked Iran.  It's the only explanation for why Israel; she of surprise blitzkreig-type attacks, has not acted alone.

It's gotten to the point where Saudi Arabia is allowing Israel to fly over their airspace for refueling purposes.

And who here thinks he wouldn't attack Israel's air-force or supply planes?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 02:32:04 am »
Right_in_Virginia wrote above:
[[ Wouldn't that be rather iffy and ultimately trigger another civil war in the region? ]]

I have no problems with that.

I wouldn't mind seeing brutal and bloody civil wars in ALL the islamic nations.

The fewer muslims in this world, the safer the rest of us are.

No apologies!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 02:57:11 pm »
Here's the bottom line folks. One way or another the Mullah regime in Iran is going to have to be dealt with if the Western world is to survive. Had you rather deal with them before or after they acquire nukes?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 03:48:24 pm »
http://www.maannews.com/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=759661

Report: Obama threatened to fire on Israeli jets attacking Iran

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) – A Kuwaiti newspaper reported Saturday that US President Barack Obama thwarted an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014.

Al-Jarida newspaper quoted "well-placed" sources as saying that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had taken a decision to carry out airstrikes against Iran's nuclear program after consultations with his minister of defense Moshe Yaalon and foreign minister Avigdor Liberman in the presence of top security commanders.

The decision came, according to al-Jarida, after Israel revealed that the United States and Iran had been involved in secret talks over Iran’s nuclear program and were about to sign an agreement in that regard behind Israel's back.

According to the report, Netanyahu and his commanders agreed after four nights of deliberations to task the Israeli army's chief of staff Beni Gants to prepare a qualitative operation against Iran's nuclear program. In addition, Netanyahu and his ministers decided to do whatever they could do to thwart a possible agreement between Iran and the White House because such an agreement is, allegedly, a threat to Israel's security.

more at above link:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just saw it this morning...dated January 3rd, 2015
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 03:54:20 pm »
http://www.maannews.com/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=759661

Report: Obama threatened to fire on Israeli jets attacking Iran

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) – A Kuwaiti newspaper reported Saturday that US President Barack Obama thwarted an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014.

Al-Jarida newspaper quoted "well-placed" sources as saying that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had taken a decision to carry out airstrikes against Iran's nuclear program after consultations with his minister of defense Moshe Yaalon and foreign minister Avigdor Liberman in the presence of top security commanders.

The decision came, according to al-Jarida, after Israel revealed that the United States and Iran had been involved in secret talks over Iran’s nuclear program and were about to sign an agreement in that regard behind Israel's back.

According to the report, Netanyahu and his commanders agreed after four nights of deliberations to task the Israeli army's chief of staff Beni Gants to prepare a qualitative operation against Iran's nuclear program. In addition, Netanyahu and his ministers decided to do whatever they could do to thwart a possible agreement between Iran and the White House because such an agreement is, allegedly, a threat to Israel's security.

more at above link:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just saw it this morning...dated January 3rd, 2015

Maybe true or maybe not! But would anyone here put that past Obama?

I sure as hell wouldn't!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:41:36 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 04:33:46 pm »
Maybe true or maybe not! But would anyone here put that past Obama?

I sure ans hell wouldn't!!
I have been saying this for a while now. He would order it.