Author Topic: Did Muslims play a role in the founding of the country? Here’s what David Barton found…  (Read 421 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/02/20/did-muslims-play-a-role-in-the-founding-of-the-country-heres-what-david-barton-found/

Did Muslims play a role in the founding of the country? Here’s what David Barton found… by Glenn Beck Program Friday, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:02 PM EST Share This Tweet This Has Islam been woven into the fabric of the country since it was founded? That’s what President Obama tried to say in a conference on countering violent extremism. Glenn couldn’t believe it, so he invited the expert on the Founders: David Barton.

Read the rush transcript below:

GLENN: We heard from the president yesterday that from the very beginning of our country, Islam has been woven into the fabric of our nation. The founders were, of course, huge. PAT: Oh, my gosh. All of them were —

GLENN: Fifty-two of the 56 signers — PAT: Like 19 were Muslim clerics. And 52 were full-on Muslim.

GLENN: Yeah. David Barton is here to fill us with his no-they-weren’t-all-Muslim lies. Welcome to the program, David.

DAVID: Hey, guys. So glad we’re going to talk. This is great.

GLENN: So when you heard the president say yesterday that from the very foundation of our nation, Islam has been critical and integral to our founding and our nation, what were your thoughts?

DAVID: Oh, I just expected it. I laughed. It was really pretty ridiculous. I have since then actually tried — because in all the reading I’ve done, you know, thousands of books, there’s nothing there. You and I know some of the stuff that’s out there, I mean, we know that Muslims were the folks who captured the slaves sent to America largely out of Africa. The Dutch would hall anything they were given. They were traders.

The Muslims who did the slave hunting and the slave trading, et cetera. The first Muslims came to America as a result of the Muslims capturing them and sending them to the Dutch traders. We know beyond that we had a 32-year war with Muslims. At first American edition of the Koran, the editors said, you guys have to read this. This is crazy stuff. You’ll understand why we’ve had 32 years of war with these nuts. I mean, those exactly are contributions that would jump to mind. That’s about all you can point to back then. So I spent a little bit of time to look up. If you go to a website called Islam101.com and look at the contribution of Islams to America. I’m telling you, bro, we’re really sparse here. 1732. Here’s a contribution of a Muslim to America. 1732, a Muslim is set free by James Oglethorpe, who is the founder of Georgia. He’s set free and given passage to England. That’s what they consider a contribution to America. 1790. It says, well, Muslims are known to be living in Florida. Oh, yeah, that’s a Spanish possession of Florida. And Moorish Muslims occupied Spain, so no surprise there. Then, 1807, it says a Muslim is set free. He buys shares in a bank. Now, we have someone who actually bought stock in America.

continued at link w/video
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34