Author Topic: Dow closes above 18,000 for first time this year (S&P 500 at a record)  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-stocks-futures-set-for-solid-day-with-consumer-data-on-tap-2015-02-13

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — U.S. stocks posted small gains on Friday, but they were enough to lift them into record territory. The S&P 500 and Russell 2,000 closed at record levels, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average finished above 18,000 for the first time this year.

It was also banner day for the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite, which ended at its highest level since March 2000.

Friday’s move higher helped the main indexes finished with weekly gains for a second straight week...
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Dow closes above 18,000 for first time this year (S&P 500 at a record)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:23:52 am »
I don't know much about investing in the Stock Market, but I would assume that you put your money on the Obama Crony Stocks?  What kind of indicators would you use to invest there right now?  It's being manipulated by the government and it doesn't really reflect reality.  Yeah, long term - mutual funds, I guess.  But I can't help but get a shiver down my back when I hear records being made like this - in THESE times.  Don't like it at all.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 02:03:03 pm »
I don't know much about investing in the Stock Market, but I would assume that you put your money on the Obama Crony Stocks?  What kind of indicators would you use to invest there right now?  It's being manipulated by the government and it doesn't really reflect reality.  Yeah, long term - mutual funds, I guess.  But I can't help but get a shiver down my back when I hear records being made like this - in THESE times.  Don't like it at all.

Bottom line is, I day trade. I don't like being in the market more than a few hours, a day at most, if that tells you how much I trust this market.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »
We live in a world in which everything is a lie.

Everything Obama says is a lie.
Every statistic or gauge coming from the gov is a lie.
The IRS is a big lie.
The EPA is a lie.
Everything is a lie.
It is as if a group of 4th grade children said one day,
'Why shouldn't we run the government?' I

These assholes are taking 20% of my return every month to eat steaks and bribe illegals to vote for them. F**K the government. bleep parasite pieces of shit who could never could hold a real job. So they have to suck my blood to live. F**k boehner, and F**k pelosi and reid too. Nothing but blood sucking scum who live off of us.

I hope they enjoy that mansion I bought for them, or all that jewelry I bought for their wives. They earn nothing. Everything they have and do is because they take it by force from real people, like me. Eat another steak, dickhead, I hope you choke and die on it. buy another ferrari I bought you, crash and burn in it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:52:39 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.