Author Topic: Doofus Acting Like A Gangsta Rapper Fatally Shoots His Friend  (Read 522 times)

rangerrebew

Doofus Acting Like A Gangsta Rapper Fatally Shoots His Friend
« on: February 01, 2015, 12:03:41 pm »
Doofus Acting Like A Gangsta Rapper Fatally Shoots His Friend

By Brian Anderson, January 31, 2015.

The problem with hip-hop, other than it sucks, is that it’s all samples and computer generated beats; there are no real instruments. How can you rock out to that? You can’t play air guitar or air drums to it though I guess if you’re desperate you could play air turntables. As such, suburban white guys, who are likely not good dancers, have to use props like pimp cups full of purple drank and loaded guns when they channel their inner-gangsta rapper.

It was the later of these two accessories that ended the life of a Florida teen this week. 22-year old Rodney Clark Patrick and 17-year old Douglas Winslow were getting their groove on to some gangsta rap on Monday. Florida Today reports the two were acting out a rap song in a Merritt Island, FL home when Patrick decided to take the fantasy of being a hip-hop thug into reality.

The pair were blasting “Bustin’ At ‘Em,” by Waka Flocka Flame when Patrick took out a .45 caliber handgun and proceeded to ignore every gun safety rule in the book. Thinking (wrongly of course) that the firearm was unloaded, he pointed it at Winslow and pulled the trigger. The 17-year old Winslow was killed instantly.

Realizing that the thug life has some drawbacks, Patrick staged the scene to make it look like Winslow shot himself, and then placed a 911 call:

“I handed my little brother my gun and I didn’t know it was loaded then he shot himself in the head,” his voice wavering with emotion. “I think he’s dead … he wanted to see it cause he thought it was so cool. I’m so stupid … I’m such a horrible person,” he said while crying. He added that “my buddy’s gone.”

Police weren’t fooled and for the record Patrick and Winslow were not related. Patrick was charged with manslaughter with a firearm, tampering with evidence and possession of a controlled substance. Proving he learned nothing by the incident, Patrick remained hardcore to the end making an obscene gesture as he was led away in handcuffs.

Unlike the media that is calling this an accident, Tod Goodyear of the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office had a better interpretation of the incident saying, “You have to take responsibility. He pointed that gun at a person and pulled the trigger.”

“What caused this was him pointing the gun at another person. I would rather comment on being a responsible gun owner. You always check to see if a gun is loaded and you never point it at another person,” added Goodyear.

I never understood why black people freak out so much when white people appropriate black culture, but it makes perfect sense to me: it’s dangerous. These guys should have thrown on some Slayer, pretended to shred a BC Rich War Beast, and banged their heads. The worse either of them would have gotten would have been a headache and maybe a mild case of whiplash.

Follow Brian Anderson on Twitter

http://downtrend.com/71superb/doofus-acting-like-a-gangsta-rapper-fatally-shoots-his-friend
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:04:21 pm by rangerrebew »