Author Topic: Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event  (Read 569 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event
« on: January 31, 2015, 05:09:51 pm »
 :thud:

First lady Michelle Obama urged Hollywood to give a more accurate portrayal of veterans and defended the Oscar-nominated "American Sniper," which has received criticism for its depiction of war.....

//snip//

...Mrs. Obama also came to the defense of "American Sniper" — about Kyle, considered the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history. It has become a box-office sensation and has strong supporters but has also weathered a growing storm of criticism that the film glorifies murder and serves as war propaganda.

"While I know there have been critics, I felt that, more often than not, this film touches on many of the emotions and experiences that I've heard firsthand from military families over these past few years," she said.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/31/michelle-obama-defends-american-sniper-at-veterans-event/

The conundrum. Was she honest in her comments reflecting what she believed or is she just smart enough to not step in it like Michael Moore or Seth Rogan?

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:12:00 pm »

Well that'll make everyone love the Obamas forever...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 05:20:35 pm »
:thud:

The conundrum. Was she honest in her comments reflecting what she believed or is she just smart enough to not step in it like Michael Moore or Seth Rogan?
She was not trying to step in it.

Offline collins

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 06:41:56 pm »
Well, good for her, and I think she is more intelligent than both Mike and Seth - at least she doesn't fall to pieces over some movie like they do.