Author Topic: Boehner: ‘I Was the Tea Party Before There Was a Tea Party’  (Read 427 times)

rangerrebew

Boehner: ‘I Was the Tea Party Before There Was a Tea Party’
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:18:58 pm »

Boehner: ‘I Was the Tea Party Before There Was a Tea Party’
by Josh Feldman | 7:00 pm, January 28th, 2015 video

House Speaker John Boehner isn’t terribly beloved by conservatives and more tea party-types these days, but he still has to work with a lot of them in Congress to get things done. Fox News’ Bret Baier asked Boehner about this in an interview tonight; whether he can get everyone working together better just on his side of the aisle.

Boehner said, “I do, I do. Listen, I was the tea party before there was a tea party.”

The speaker elaborated, “I understand their concerns, I understand their frustrations. But we have a constitution that we abide by and we’re gonna live by.” He said they’re going to both hold Obama accountable and try to find common ground with him in the next two years.

Watch the video below, via Fox News:

Offline libertybele

Re: Boehner: ‘I Was the Tea Party Before There Was a Tea Party’
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »
Yes we have a Constitution to abide by and he and Congress needs to make sure that the president and his cronies adhere to it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 02:03:03 pm »
And I was John Boehner before there was a John Boehner.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 06:19:18 pm »
Whatever Small Ball. You're in the big chair, back up what you're saying and do something already.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:24:58 pm »
Before the current iteration of the Tea Party, there was Ron Paul's little anti-war temper tantrums that used the name, is he saying he was part of that?
Before that, there was a movement down in Georgia (if I recall correctly) going by Tea Party, of strip clubs against a proposed surcharge, is he saying he was part of that?
Before that, almost every 5 or so years, looking through Google News archives, you'll find one protest group or another claiming the name "Tea Party", which ones of those was he involved in?