Author Topic: Tom Brady Has A Cold  (Read 1113 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Brady Has A Cold
« on: January 28, 2015, 05:51:26 pm »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/28/patriots-tom-brady-has-a-cold-super-bowl-xlix/

Tom Brady Has A Cold
January 28, 2015 11:49 AM

BOSTON (CBS) —  You may have noticed that Tom Brady didn’t look himself at Tuesday’s Media Day.

No, it wasn’t his bed head. And it wasn’t from a lack of sleep thanks to an early morning fire alarm at the team’s hotel.

As he prepares for the biggest game of the season, the Patriots quarterback is battling a cold.

And if you thought he looked rough on Tuesday, he looked a bit worse on Wednesday as he addressed the media at the team hotel in Chandler, Arizona.

“It’s been lingering,” Brady told reporters as he held court for nearly 45 minutes Wednesday morning. “I’m just trying to get some rest, and a lot of garlic. An old remedy, so I’m trying everything I can.”

Brady said his kids got sick first, followed by his wife Gisele Bundchen, and now he’s brought the illness to Arizona.

His sniffles were prominent and he had to wipe sweat from his brow on occasion as he fielded question after question, with many of the reporters having similar inquiries, but he handled them all in stride. While Media Day is a day for all the fun and goofy questions, the focus on Wednesday was mostly on the game itself.

And it will really feel like a return to normalcy when the Patriots resume practice this afternoon, as they prepare to face off against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX.

“It will be good to be back on the field today. There is a lot that goes with Super Bowl week, so it will be good to get on the field and re-focus,” said Brady. “We have our game plan set, so now it’s refining it and making sure it’s where we want it to be.

“It’s about having a good plan, and you’re always confident going into the game. But you have to go out and execute it well. There won’t be anything easy about it,” he said. “There are only 65-70 plays left in the season, so every play you call is paramount. We have to be dialed in and make sure every play we call can lead to success.”

As for the vaunted Seattle defense, Brady said he’s watched more film than he ever has to prepare.

“They’ve been the best defense in the league for a long time. It’s a big challenge for us,” he said. “They’ve been playing really well, especially the second half of the season. There are not a lot of easy plays out there. They’re smart and do a great job playing complementary football.”

There’s a lot to prepare for, but Brady sounds like he’s in a good place — cold and all.

“I’ll be at 100 percent. I’m not worried about it at all,” he said confidently.

Hopefully after Wednesday’s practice session, he can sneak in a nap.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Tom Brady Has A Cold
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »
I plan to watch some or all of this game, now that the best teams have been sorted out.

Which team is going to win? Why?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 07:14:30 pm »
I've decided that, since I don't like either team, and intensely dislike both coaches, I'm going to cheer only for one of the quarterbacks.

GO RUSSELL WILSON!!!   :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:34:44 pm »
I'm going with the 'underdog' PATRIOTS!

Predict that they will unveil at least two to three plays where lineman declare themselves eligible to catch a pass, etc.,

The Patriots have parsed the rulebook front to back to front again.  They will take advantage of the opponent being creatures of habit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 01:59:57 am »
I don't like either team, but do at least have some respect for Russell Wilson as he seems to be a decent young man. Mr. M was struck by just how surprisingly unintelligent Brady appeared in the "deflategate" press conference, asking, "What the heck do he and Gisele talk about all day? How beautiful they are?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 03:16:39 am »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 03:41:51 am »
Living only a couple of miles from the VMAC where the Seahawks practice, and running into these guys all the time, of course I'm going to be bias. But I'm seeing a matchup similar to last year with the exception with Seattle not having the speedster Percy Harvin.  The rule still applies, the #1 Defense Vs. the #1 Offense almost always favors the Defensive team. And nobody can argue against the fact that the 2013 Broncos was a far better offense than the 2014 Patriots.  Manning and his Broncos in 2013 set the record of The Highest Scoring Season In NFL History, with 606 points. Holding them to 8 points at the SB was all Seahawks Defense. The Patriots deserving of going to the Super Bowl as they are,  this season scored 468 points. 

Vegas is still showing this a pick’em. Did they learn anything watching Super Bowl XLVIII?

I do think the Patriots won't roll over as fast as the Broncos did, and it will be a closer game, and a far more exciting game if you don't have a favorite team playing.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 04:22:23 am »
Most of the week the Patriots have been 1 point favorites...but you need to understand the line is not based on who they think will win, it is placed where they think they will get an even number of bets on each side.  It moves based on the amount of money bet on one side or the other.  There is far more east coast money bet than west coast money, even in Vegas.  The Patriots drew in enough to move the line from Seattle +2 at opening to +1 NE early this week.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:53:11 am »
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1118/bos_colts-pats_07.jpg

Brady-Gronkowski

Gronk catches passes moving laterally between the rushing linemen and the linebackers. 

A juke-juke here
A juke-juke there
Here a juke
There a juke

I don't think Seattle's defense can control Brady.  I hope they crush the Seahawks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:53:50 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald