Author Topic: • Gov. Sarah Palin • Iowa Freedom Summit • 1/24/15 •  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
• Gov. Sarah Palin • Iowa Freedom Summit • 1/24/15 •
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:33 pm »
January 24th, 2015 • Governor Sarah Palin addresses the 2015 Iowa Freedom Summit in Des Moines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYc92hi5shE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYc92hi5shE

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: • Gov. Sarah Palin • Iowa Freedom Summit • 1/24/15 •
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »
As 2016 race begins, GOP faces its Palin problem
Byron York
Washington Examiner
January 25, 2015

As a chance to evaluate possible 2016 Republican presidential candidates, the Freedom Summit here in Des Moines was a solid success. Several potential candidates — Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, and a few others — left the 10-hour political marathon with their prospects undeniably enhanced.

All that was good news for Republicans. But at the same time, more than a few GOP loyalists came away shaking their heads at the performance of a party star, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, whose long, rambling, and at times barely coherent speech left some wondering what role she should play in Republican politics as the 2016 race begins in earnest.
More

Reader comments
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:25:02 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 06:33:06 pm »
That speech was dire. I mean, terrible in new and previously unknown ways.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:49:46 pm »
'The man can only ride you when your back is bent': Sarah Palin rambles incoherently in Iowa after teleprompter freezes... a day after she declared an interest in 2016 run
David Martosko and Kieran Corcoran
The Daily Mail
January 26, 2015

Republican firebrand Sarah Palin is rarely at a loss for words but became unmoored on Saturday in Iowa after her teleprompter froze and left her without portions of her prepared speech.

The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee flipped through a binder of notes and strung together a series of one-liners – and some of them made little sense.
More

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 09:03:22 pm »
Wonder what McCain's upside/downside assessment of Palin was before he offered her the running mate opportunity.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »
Wonder what McCain's upside/downside assessment of Palin was before he offered her the running mate opportunity.

I don't know, but I do know a lot third party candidates where chomping for the votes and money on the hatred of McCain. After that McCain choose Palin that idea fell flat.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:23 pm »
She is no longer a viable political candidate. Her gig is as an entertainment industry figure, playing to a narrow audience that likes to be victims in the culture wars.

Her gig is getting a bit old and predictable. It is NOT the gig of a viable political candidate. It IS the gig of an entertainer, like Limbo, Levin, FResno.com, etc. Repetitive and predictable. GOPe this, RINO that. Over and over ad infinitum.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:46:21 pm »
She is no longer a viable political candidate. Her gig is as an entertainment industry figure, playing to a narrow audience that likes to be victims in the culture wars.

Her gig is getting a bit old and predictable. It is NOT the gig of a viable political candidate. It IS the gig of an entertainer, like Limbo, Levin, FResno.com, etc. Repetitive and predictable. GOPe this, RINO that. Over and over ad infinitum.

To be quite honest I'm sick of the term RINO or the GOPe..  In the beginning I can see it, but now it has lost it's meaning and at least for me every time I hear it (at least on Hannity) I change the station. 

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »

To be quite honest I'm sick of the term RINO or the GOPe..  In the beginning I can see it, but now it has lost it's meaning and at least for me every time I hear it (at least on Hannity) I change the station.

Agreed.  Because of how the terms are used (I'll just leave it at that), they have lost any value they may have had.  There is simply no measureable calibration to the terms.  Useless.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:36:00 pm »

I agree and I even posted a poll on it last year.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 12:20:33 am »
If we all ignore her will she go away?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 12:23:24 am »
If we all ignore her will she go away?

I think so...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 08:51:22 am »
I believe I cried for a little bit during this speech.  She was incredible.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCDxXJSucF4

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 09:30:31 am »
If you're gonna have some sausage, you've got to kill some pigs. And folks, there are a lot of people in America who want the sausage, they just don't want to kill any pigs. We need to do some pig killing, to get to the sausage."  - Governor Huckabee.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323834-17/iowa-freedom-summit-mike-huckabee

The man can only ride you when your back is bent.  So strengthen it! Then the man can't ride you.  America won't get taken for a ride, because so much is at stake. - Governor Palin.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323834-14/sarah-palin-iowa-freedom-summit

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »
Sarah Palin Slips into Self-Parody: Her recent performance in Iowa should disqualify her from any role in the GOP going forward.
Charles C. W. Cooke
National Review
January 26, 2015

... Consider, if you will, what happens to a person who suggests that Sarah Palin is anything other than saintly. Right off the bat, they are accused of disliking America or Alaska or conservatives or mothers or the working class -- or even women in general -- and then they are informed that their "hatred" is showing. Next, their motives are questioned and their supposedly secret "agenda" is exposed for the world to see, for no right-thinking person could dislike Palin on the merits, natch. "I hope you enjoy your elite cocktail parties," the apologists will say, and then they will huffily tell you that they "hope signaling that you are 'one of them' was worth it." And finally -- as is the case when one expresses disapproval of other cult figures, such as President Obama, Ron Paul, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Paul Krugman -- it is presumed that all animadversion must be motivated by envy or by snobbery or by secret admiration, and that it can therefore be safely ignored. "What have you done," they will ask, "that compares to my paragon of virtue?" All told, it's really quite pathetic. ...
Read the whole thing.