Author Topic: Long Tail of an Allie Cat  (Read 8499 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: The Long Tail of an Allie Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 03:57:31 am »
She is such a beautiful cat.

Her true beauty is in her personality, though. She is so gentle and outgoing. Among the hundreds of cats I've interacted with, she has been the most endearing. The first time I met her she was in a cage with her sibling and always nudged ahead of him to be petted.

There is a deep bond between us. Today, as she lay in my arms, she proved that bond by being extremely clingy. When the time came for the staff to take her, she did not want to let me go. It was very touching.

I try to push the thought from my mind that I might still lose her.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 04:04:35 am »
She definitely wants her daddy in that picture.

Here's praying.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 04:09:29 am »
Thanks, EC.

I'm cried out. I'd hate the tear machine to crank up again.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »
The veterinarian just called ...

8888crybaby

Rest in peace, my sweet Allie cat

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 04:55:43 pm »
I'm so very sorry

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »
Oh I thought she was getting better....I am so sorry!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 05:05:24 pm »
I'm sorry Sal.  8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 05:44:22 pm »
There is a deep bond between us. Today, as she lay in my arms, she proved that bond by being extremely clingy. When the time came for the staff to take her, she did not want to let me go. It was very touching.

She knew.  That's why she wanted to love you as long as she could.

I'm sorry for your loss...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 05:57:37 pm »
I know how tough this is as it has happened here. I also know that there is nothing we can say to you that will make any difference right now so just know that you are among friends who understand what you are going through!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »
Back fom the vet's.

After the news Allie had died the assistant asked me if I wanted to come see Allie one last time. See her? I didn't know how I felt, I couldn't answer. I was still in shock. After some phone calls to family – brother and daughters, I felt I needed to say goodbye to her. I should go.

I went to the clinic with a broken heart to hold her for the very last time.

The entire way I kept thinking how much this hurt. Same as when I lost my mom and dad. But Allie's a pet, just a cat. People will think I'm silly—weeping, sobbing. At least the clinic staff understood—they've seen it before.

While I waited, Michelle, president Staten Island Hope walked in. She had already gotten word of Allie's death and was there on other rescue business (Dr. Singh does all of our veterinary care, much of it pro bono). She said a word of comfort, but it sounded pretty businesslike. In her position she's used to seeing sick or euthanized rescue cats. She lost her cat last year. Still, it hurt that she didn't seem to feel the same about Allie's death as I did.

They brought Allie out wrapped in a towel and placed her on the table in the exam room and called me in. This was hard for me. I loved this cat. She was special, dear, sweet, she was a comfort during my separation and pending divorce (I'm still having trouble reviewing the divorce papers waiting for my signature. The wife is anxious to get it finalized).

When I entered the room I broke down. I stood sobbing, pleading to Allie my sorrow and pain at losing her, and my anger at myself for not recognizing she was so sick—I'm medically trained and didn't see the symptoms, the jaundice, the loss of appetite, her lethargy, weight loss. If only I had paid closer attention.

But then, as I looked at her barren eyes, still stroking her and kissing her on the head, there came over me a moment of peace. It was over now. She's gone. At rest.

Goodbye, Allie. You left me too soon. But you gave me some memories. About a cat with a long tail, a perfect goatee (and big ears, too!) whose sweetness stole my heart. I'm adding them to those memories that Sawyer and Piper give me—Sawyer and Piper who, curled at my feet as I dictate to Siri, look up at me at the sound of their names.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:02:07 am by aligncare »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 10:40:15 pm »
Damn, Sal!

Thought you were turning the corner with Allie.  Sincere condolences, my friend.

....still don't like the idea of the office being closed the day prior.   It would be in the back of my mind that perhaps if somebody was there to administer to Allie, she'd still be here.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 10:49:12 pm »
Please accept my deepest condolences. As someone who has shared most of their life being owned by dogs, I know what you are going through. I'm so sorry.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Lazamataz

Re: Long Tail of an Allie Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »
All my cats are strays.

They always come up to me, mewing. Usually kittens. Presently have two adults, found as, of course, kittens. Who the hell abandons a kitten to the streets?

OTOH, I must have SUCKER stamped across my forehead, in cat-alphabet.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 06:03:00 pm »
All my cats are strays.

They always come up to me, mewing. Usually kittens. Presently have two adults, found as, of course, kittens. Who the hell abandons a kitten to the streets?

I could have written every word of that myself Laz.  I have never gone shopping for a pet - they have always come to me - and they have always come to me at a time in my life that I have needed a little extra gift of love, usually right after losing another beloved pet.

I look at them as gifts from God.

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 06:04:00 pm »
I just picked up a framed montage of pictures my wife put together of me and "my" Daisy, a rat terrier/chihuahua mix. She came to us from my parents because she was just too full of energy for the older folks.

God, how I miss that dog.

Hang in there, ac.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 06:46:17 pm »
All my cats are strays.

Recently jumped back in and was rescued by two Himalayan/Persian mix cats...probably sisters or niece/aunt thingy.  Was told by the no-kill shelter that they came from a cat lady's house who died with 10 cats in it.

I missed that special time when I'd be in my Stickley recliner and have a purr machine sit in my lap for 20-30 minutes.

How was I to know that neither one of them, though seeking human touch, etc., didn't like to be picked up for more than 10 seconds?

But I wouldn't trade them for anything.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2015, 11:51:15 am »
Damn, DC. Did you have to bump this thread?

8888crybaby

I haven't cried over her in months, till just now....

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 12:52:47 pm »
Damn, DC. Did you have to bump this thread?

8888crybaby

I haven't cried over her in months, till just now....

LOL!  Sorry Sal.  But, the credit goes to Laz!