Author Topic: 9 Dying brands under Obama  (Read 3032 times)

rangerrebew

9 Dying brands under Obama
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:22:41 pm »

Jan

Economy, Featured 0 Comments

Economy sucks

If things are going so well in Obama’s economy, why don’t we FEEL it?

481 banks (and counting) have failed under Obama, and taxpayers were left holding the bag (pardon the bank robbing pun) for $71 billion of defaults. Couple this with the $787 billion in bailouts and you get “Obama Success!”

Obama fixed the problems, right? All that “cleansing” and it more difficult to get a loan today, than it was when Obama took office.

Perhaps that’s why according to the Huffington Post, there are 9 Iconic Brands That Could Soon Be Dead soon.

Businesses come and go. But they come and go a lot faster under Obama. And I’m not talking about “Joe Blow” companies, but icons of industry.

When people aren’t working, they don’t buy. And that’s why all sectors of the American (and world) economy are suffering.

Look at some of the names, Quiznos, JC Penney, Sears, Blackberry, Red Lobster, the WNBA. Yes, losing the WNBA might be the ultimate War on Women!

As you peruse the companies that are going under, consider their business models, and compare them to Obama’s approach to running America. The parallels are striking and scary.

Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2015/01/9-dying-brands-obama/

Offline kevindavis007

Re: 9 Dying brands under Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:25:33 pm »
Jan

Economy, Featured 0 Comments

Economy sucks

If things are going so well in Obama’s economy, why don’t we FEEL it?

481 banks (and counting) have failed under Obama, and taxpayers were left holding the bag (pardon the bank robbing pun) for $71 billion of defaults. Couple this with the $787 billion in bailouts and you get “Obama Success!”

Obama fixed the problems, right? All that “cleansing” and it more difficult to get a loan today, than it was when Obama took office.

Perhaps that’s why according to the Huffington Post, there are 9 Iconic Brands That Could Soon Be Dead soon.

Businesses come and go. But they come and go a lot faster under Obama. And I’m not talking about “Joe Blow” companies, but icons of industry.

When people aren’t working, they don’t buy. And that’s why all sectors of the American (and world) economy are suffering.

Look at some of the names, Quiznos, JC Penney, Sears, Blackberry, Red Lobster, the WNBA. Yes, losing the WNBA might be the ultimate War on Women!

As you peruse the companies that are going under, consider their business models, and compare them to Obama’s approach to running America. The parallels are striking and scary.

Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2015/01/9-dying-brands-obama/

Not a fan of Obama, but the main reason that these companies is going under has nothing to do with Obama.. It is the fact that it wasn't well run..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:07:21 am »

Not a fan of Obama, but the main reason that these companies is going under has nothing to do with Obama.. It is the fact that it wasn't well run..

Agreed.  Blackberry in particular seems to me to be a case of a company that started out ahead of the curve with their RIM devices, and then rested a little too long on their laurels and got their lunch eaten by the smartphone competitors.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:39:40 am »

I agree completely. Most are due to mismanagement or not getting ahead of technology or trends. Some of these have been circling the toilet for a long time.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 04:19:00 am »
What about Pontiac, Mercury ? 

And what about the small businesses looted by Obama's "gibsmedat sons?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 07:01:40 pm »
What about Pontiac, Mercury ? 

And what about the small businesses looted by Obama's "gibsmedat sons?"

Mercury still exists.  It's market share has been getting weak, however, because its offerings aren't sufficiently distinct from the Ford equivalents, and it hasn't been able to reinvent itself away from its traditional demographic - older people who want to step up from their Fords, but who cannot afford a Lincoln (which is also going the same way) - something that, apparently, Cadillac has managed to accomplish.  A brand will eventually perish if its only market is older people; it has to be able to continue to bring in younger people to replace those who've passed on.

Pontiac suffered from the same thing, just like Oldsmobile did.  And just like Plymouth did with Chrysler and Dodge.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:34:50 pm »

Mercury still exists.  It's market share has been getting weak, however, because its offerings aren't sufficiently distinct from the Ford equivalents, and it hasn't been able to reinvent itself away from its traditional demographic - older people who want to step up from their Fords, but who cannot afford a Lincoln (which is also going the same way) - something that, apparently, Cadillac has managed to accomplish.  A brand will eventually perish if its only market is older people; it has to be able to continue to bring in younger people to replace those who've passed on.

Pontiac suffered from the same thing, just like Oldsmobile did.  And just like Plymouth did with Chrysler and Dodge.

I think what killed Pontiac was the Aztek...

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »

You may be correct.  That was, bar none, the ugliest vehicle I have ever, ever seen, and I include the putrescence put out by the Soviets and East Europe prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 08:58:48 pm »

What killed Pontiac was what killed Olds and Saturn.  Bean counters.  Take the "expects" and shoot them in the front.  Nutritionists while you're at it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 08:59:47 pm »
You may be correct.  That was, bar none, the ugliest vehicle I have ever, ever seen, and I include the putrescence put out by the Soviets and East Europe prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall.

I would have say the old communist cars was better looking than the Aztek...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 09:06:46 pm »
Yep. Things change. I loved my Mercury Mystique, but it also was a Ford Contour, so it really didn't matter what name plate was on it.

If the WNBA goes kaput, it's just because the "market" doesn't care. I like women's basketball, as I am a woman who used to play basketball, but if the market isn't there - so what?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 09:07:24 pm »

I would have say the old communist cars was better looking than the Aztek...

Definitely they were better looking.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 09:12:25 pm »
Definitely they were better looking.

A lot of newsworthy events are being ignored by the MSM if they don't show a positive light on the the Obama administration.

I do agree, J.C. Penny and Sears have been struggling for decades.  And other chains come and go, especially in the sub and burger business.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:59 pm »
What killed Pontiac was what killed Olds and Saturn.  Bean counters.  Take the "expects" and shoot them in the front.  Nutritionists while you're at it.

That too.. What happened was GM was bloated. They got to big and they refused to adapt to the changing times and what the people wanted.. Kinda like the Government.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 04:42:24 pm »
Yep. Things change. I loved my Mercury Mystique, but it also was a Ford Contour, so it really didn't matter what name plate was on it.

If the WNBA goes kaput, it's just because the "market" doesn't care. I like women's basketball, as I am a woman who used to play basketball, but if the market isn't there - so what?

What happen to the WNBA is that they only market to 1 group of people, that was the Gay and Lesbian group.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 04:53:38 pm »

What happen to the WNBA is that they only market to 1 group of people, that was the Gay and Lesbian group.

Like Broadway, suburban women and homosexuals.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.