Author Topic: 400,000 messages to House GOP: Lose Boehner  (Read 1547 times)

rangerrebew

400,000 messages to House GOP: Lose Boehner
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:22:36 am »
- WND - http://www.wnd.com -

Posted By -NO AUTHOR- On 12/19/2014 @ 7:48 pm In Front Page,Politics,U.S. | No Comments

Shortly after American voters in the midterms expanded the GOP majority in the U.S. House and gave the party a control over the U.S. Senate, tossing Democrat Sen. Harry Reid from his leadership post, there was little fanfare as House GOP members renewed their leadership team, including Speaker John Boehner.

But heading into the first weekend after a “Don’t be Yellow: Dump Boehner Now Campaign” was launched, more than 400,000 messages are being lined up to deliver to House GOP members when the y convene in the new year.

The voters are telling House members to reject Boehner and elect new leadership.

The 400,000 letters are being facilitated through the “Don’t be Yellow: Dump Boehner Now Campaign” effort launched by WND CEO Joseph Farah.

In a commentary in the Washington Times, tea party activist Judson Phillips, without mentioning the campaign to remove Boehner, suggested Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., as a replacement for Boehner.

“On Jan. 3, a new Congress begins and one of the first orders of business in the House of Representatives is to pick a new speaker. The conventional wisdom is Mr. Boehner will be re-elected speaker. That may well happen and if it does it will be a disaster for the Republican Party,” he wrote. “The conservative base of the party is pretty much in open revolt and without the base, the losses of 2006 and 2008 will seem mild compared to what is coming in 2016.”

Phillips wrote Boehner “cannot lead” and “will not fight.”

“The Republicans will have 247 members in the next Congress. If 30 of these members vote against Mr. Boehner, he will not have the majority he needs to be elected speaker. At that point, anything is possible, including Mr. Boehner stepping aside. Every conservative should spend the time between now and Jan. 3 calling their Republican representatives and telling them to vote for Marsha Blackburn instead of John Boehner.”

At left-leaning MSNBC, there was a sudden defense of Boehner.

“Boehner will prevail, and this new round of chatter, like the previous rounds of chatter, will amount to nothing,” wrote Steve Benen.

And at the Buzzfeed blog there was a discussion the 16 to 18 Republicans who already plan to challenge Boehner’s re-election as speaker.

“Right now, I’ve been meeting with a small group, and we – about 16, 18 – and we’re hoping to have a name of a sitting members of Congress that we can call out their name,” said Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C. “I’ve already said I cannot vote in good conscience for John Boehner.”

Whatever impact the letters are having, or will have, they certainly will get the attention of members of the House.

At about two inches per 500-page ream, there’s already a stack of letters more than 13 stories tall destined for House GOP members.

“While the news cycle has forgotten about Boehner’s betrayal of Republican voters in November, the grass-roots electorate has not,” said Farah.

“Even while Americans are busy Christmas shopping and getting ready for the holiday season, they are angry enough at the Republican establishment to put their money where their mouth is – investing in this unusual lobbying effort to wake up House members as to the state of their leadership crisis,” said Farah.

“Will Republican House members respond in January? At the very least, they won’t be able to ignore the deluge of mail that awaits them,” he said.

Another warning that the GOP needs to stand up came from outgoing Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., who recently was profiled  at the conclusion of her service in the House.

She said the GOP majority needs to fulfill its promise to voters.

“Ask yourself, would the GOP have voted to fund Obama’s illegal amnesty the week before the pivotal 2014 elections?” she said. “Not in this universe.

“Republican congressional leadership need to open their eyes and ears and listen to the voters who gave them historic access to power some six short weeks ago.”

JOIN THE DON’T BE YELLOW, DUMP BOEHNER NOW CAMPAIGN.

Farah believes the most effective method of reaching out to Congress is individual letters to members.

His plan lets constituents send letters to all GOP members of the U.S. House through one quick online transaction.

“You can order your letters sent today, and they will be ready for delivery when the new Congress reconvenes in January. It would be great to see thousands or, better yet, tens of thousands flooding in that first week. That will make an impression that cannot be ignored by Republican members of the House,” he said.

“I’m excited. Now it’s up to you. I’ve already ordered my letters. I’ve even secured the domain names DumpBoehnerCampaign.com and DumpBoehnerNow.com for social media dissemination. Tell your friends,” he wrote.

Recruit your friends, neighbors, and fellow commuters to the “Don’t Be Yellow: Dump Boehner Now” campaign with this exclusive bumper sticker.

The letter explains to members of the U.S. House that two issues have “prompted Americans to turn in droves to the Republican Party in November 2014 – Barack Obama’s blatantly unconstitutional executive action to provide amnesty to millions of illegal aliens, and the deliberately deceptive restructuring of America’s health-care system through Obamacare, which threatens to unravel the greatest health delivery system in the world.”

Pointing out that Republicans before the election “solemnly vowed to STOP this lame-duck president,” the letter states: “Now you have the power, right and duty to stop him.

“But it won’t happen with John Boehner leading you. You know this to be true. The trillion-dollar budget deal is just the latest proof that Boehner is not capable of leading the House to victory during this critical period.”

It calls on members to replace him.

On Twitter, the hashtags #BoehnerMustGo and #DumpBoehner were surging, and other commentators, while not adopting the specific letter-writing campaign, agreed with the goal.

At the American Thinker blog, editorialist Layne Hansen wrote, “It is time to stop thinking of John Boehner and the rest of the Republican congressional leadership as being cowardly and recognize them for what they are: part of The Ruling Class that believes it has the right to tell the rest of us how to live.

“The current GOP leadership has got to go; this has ceased to be an arguable point. We cannot count on these people to do what is right. Conservatives did not give them majorities in both chambers for them to keep playing the same game,” he wrote.

At RedState.com, Editor Erick Erickson also delivered a “no-other-options” message.

“House conservatives must summon the courage to oppose Boehner’s nomination on the floor in January. It is a moral imperative. You cannot consistently complain about leadership’s many failures – and the treachery involved with a speaker fresh off a successful wave election conspiring with President Obama to fund amnesty and enjoy a celebratory phone call in the aftermath – and then vote for him to continue in this role. To paraphrase Albert Einstein, that is the definition of insanity, and it is enabled by a vote for Rep. John Boehner,” he wrote.

Farah noted that the launch of the program rivals the historic “Pink Slip Campaign” in 2010 that generated some 9.5 million letters to Congress.

“Americans are angry about Boehner’s betrayal of the voters who gave him a bigger majority in the House and Republicans control of the Senate. This could prove to be Boehner’s undoing,” he said.

The campaign allows people to send letters, with their own names and addresses via FedEx, all for the one price of $29.95, to each of the House GOP members.

Farah said, “From previous campaigns we know this approach prompts members to talk about the boxes of letters that are coming into their offices each day. And that’s exactly what we want to do with the  DUMP BOEHNER CAMPAIGN – a grass-roots lobbying effort that can channel your outrage into effective and meaningful action.”

He said what can be guaranteed is that members “will see, hear and feel your participation in it.”

“We saw the same thing in 2010,” recalled Farah. “People were angry then. They may be angrier now. It is as if elections have no consequences when Republicans vote.”

A sampling of just how upset people are has been posted online, with abundant promises of “I’m in,” and “Do it.”

Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2014/12/400000-messages-to-house-gop-lose-boehner/

Offline libertybele

Re: 400,000 messages to House GOP: Lose Boehner
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 02:17:37 pm »
I would love to see Boehner gone.  I know it won't happen but could you imagine the shake up if Ted Cruz were elected Speaker?  :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:17:56 am »
[[ Phillips wrote Boehner “cannot lead” and “will not fight.” ]]

Mr. Boehner calls to mind comparisons to Major General George McLellan.

Now if the House Republicans could only do what Mr. Lincoln did...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:46:44 am »
I would love to see Boehner gone.  I know it won't happen but could you imagine the shake up if Ted Cruz were elected Speaker?  :laugh:

Obviously Ted Cruz is a Senator while Boehner is in the House of Representatives.

Publik edukashun strikes again...

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:57:04 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:59:50 am »
Why do conservatives torture themselves so?  If I went to news sources I trusted, and they fed me a turd sandwich every time, I'd find a new news source.  Y'all know who is the Speaker is.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 11:31:48 am »
Obviously Ted Cruz is a Senator whole Boehner is in the House of Representatives.

It obviously worked wonders for you.  The Speaker can be anybody the body elects.  Cruz, me or my neighbor's cat "Boone".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 10:56:50 pm »
It obviously worked wonders for you.  The Speaker can be anybody the body elects.  Cruz, me or my neighbor's cat "Boone".

Great!  I'm looking forward to it then...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 03:36:47 am »
Obviously Ted Cruz is a Senator while Boehner is in the House of Representatives.

Duh ... thanks for the knock on side the head!  What the heck was I thinking?  :nono:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:37:17 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 04:28:15 am »

Most of them signed Jim R.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 04:32:14 am »

Let's ignore the obvious for a minute and imagine that he could actually be selected Speaker.

The first thing that he would have to come to grip with is the fact that it is far easier to stand somewhere off center casting rhetorical bombs, making symbolic and empty gestures and being critical of the actions of others than it is to actually run a Chamber of Congress.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 04:36:40 am »
Why do conservatives torture themselves so?  If I went to news sources I trusted, and they fed me a turd sandwich every time, I'd find a new news source.  Y'all know who is the Speaker is.

There's a tendency in political forums to publish articles that reinforce a preconceived set of ideas an opinions. Members/readers are largely isolated from any opinion outside the gist of the forum's political inclinations, so they eventually begin to believe that what is posted in the forum is the at large opinion held by the majority of the people.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 05:29:16 am »
There's a tendency in political forums to publish articles that reinforce a preconceived set of ideas an opinions. Members/readers are largely isolated from any opinion outside the gist of the forum's political inclinations, so they eventually begin to believe that what is posted in the forum is the at large opinion held by the majority of the people.
That is so very true.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:23 pm »
For Tammy Fay to be effective,  he needs to have a spinal reconstruction. :jail:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 01:06:01 am »

Most of them signed Jim R.
Well, if you read it, this is what they call in reputable circles a “self-published source.” Only several paragraphs into the article do we find who is orchestrating it—Joseph Farah, the WND owner himself, a brand of religious neoconservative whose popularity is fading away faster than any other ideology in America right now. So we may not be seeing 400,000 messages—maybe closer to 400.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024