Author Topic: JEB BUSH: I CAN ‘PERSUADE’ CONSERVATIVES ON AMNESTY  (Read 685 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
JEB BUSH: I CAN ‘PERSUADE’ CONSERVATIVES ON AMNESTY
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:52:15 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/18/jeb-bush-i-can-persuade-conservatives-on-amnesty/

by TONY LEE 18 Dec 2014 Washington, DC

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush believes he can “persuade” conservatives to support comprehensive amnesty legislation during a potential 2016 presidential campaign.

In the second part of his interview with a local Florida television station this week, Bush was asked about the “immigration issue” and whether he could “get through the primary” with his pro-amnesty positions. Bush replied to NBC 6 in Florida that “a candidate gets to persuade.”

“I think there’s a compelling case that, if we want to be young and dynamic again, we have to make legal immigration easier than illegal immigration, that we control our borders, enforce the laws, but that we embrace our immigrant heritage and allow our country to take off. You gotta do both,” he added. “You gotta protect the borders, enforce the law, be respectful of the rule of law, and at the same time be able to encourage young aspirational people to come to our country. It’s a win-win. I have no problems advancing that idea.”

Bush, who earlier declared that a Republican must be willing to “lose the primary” in order to win the general election, announced this week that he is “actively exploring” a potential presidential campaign. Aware that his positions on immigration and Common Core will be significant hurdles, Bush seems intent on doubling down on his moderate positions instead of flip-flopping and coming off as a phony.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: JEB BUSH: I CAN ‘PERSUADE’ CONSERVATIVES ON AMNESTY
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

Dole, Romney, Bush... all running interference for the candidate that 'big money' wants you to have...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:37:13 pm »
Jeb Bush is delusional. He also is not a republican but a democrat just like Hillary. He will not win because real republicans who stand by their platform and by the US constitution won't vote for him because he would be the same as voting for a democrat so why vote for a rhino. If he is in I will vote for a third or fourth party if one is available if not I will do a write in. He will not win because to many people feel the same as I do. They are fed up with republicans who are nothing but democrats running the party.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:30:53 pm »
Jeb must not have been paying attention when Perry's campaign in 2012 was completely derailed simply by offering in-state tuition to illegals.  Under Jeb's amnesty, they get Social Security, unemployment, welfare, Medicare, food stamps, college loans, FHA subsidies and the list goes on and on. 

If it weren't for the fiscal implications, I'd have few problems with amnesty, per se.  But when the political and fiscal effects are factored in, it's not really consistent with my libertarian beliefs.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:44:32 pm »
He's a RINO. RINO's will NOT win.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 09:03:32 pm »
Jeb, you'd have a hard time persuading people who actually like you that Starbucks coffee is overpriced crap.

You ain't equivocated or flat out lied about your positions yet, I'll grant you that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Kansas

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:55 pm »
Well this is the reason we have a primary system.  If Jeb wants to jump in and see if his ideas on amnesty will fly go ahead.   I doubt he will win the nomination but we should not discourage anyone from trying.  This is why the primary system is so much better than the closed door backroom caucus' system of a century ago. 

But if we are to avoid getting stuck with a Marxist like we have in the office today all Republicans MUST unite behind the nominee.  Republican apathy is why Owebama was re-elected.  I heard how "we don't like Romney" so they let Owebama have another 4 years.  How is that working out?
"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.  How do you tell an anti-communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin"-Ronald Reagan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 01:14:48 am »
Dole, Romney, Bush... all running interference for the candidate that 'big money' wants you to have...

Interesting thesis.  Who do think "big money" wants if not Romney or Bush?

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 02:45:51 pm »
I have voted in the past two elections for people I really really didn't like just because they used the republican party to run. I will not ever do it again. Romney didn't try any harder than John McCain did to win the election both were mealy mousy candidates who ran on their platform not the parties. Voters are fed up as you saw in the last election but they will turn to another party or stop voting if the damn republicans don't take Obama on and stop his criminal actions. We are watching it is up to the party to attract independent voters and their conservative base by having some real balls and taking the government in hand if they don't the party is finished and will never win a presidential election again.