Author Topic: JEB BUSH: 'I HAVE NO PROBLEMS' PUSHING FOR AMNESTY BILL DURING GOP '16 PRIMARY  (Read 1446 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/17/Jeb-Bush-I-Have-No-Problems-Pushing-for-Amnesty-Bill-During-GOP-16-Primary

by TONY LEE  17 Dec 2014, 12:18 PM PDT

Just hours after he announced his plan "actively explore" a 2016 presidential run on Monday, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said he would have "no problems" pushing for comprehensive immigration reform in a GOP primary.

"We've got to protect the borders, enforce the law, be respectful of the rule of law, and at the same time be able to encourage young aspirational people to come to our county," Bush, who has said that illegal immigration is an "act of love," told a local Miami television station. "It's a win-win; I have no problems advancing that idea."

When NBC 6 mentioned that "a lot of your base disagrees with that" position, Bush replied, "We'll see. If I run, we'll see."

Though he is aware that the conservative base distrusts him because of his support for massive amnesty legislation, which would also increase the number of guest-worker permits for foreigners, and Common Core, Bush seems intent on not backing down from his more moderate positions.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

I happened to catch a little bit of Rush today. I realize he's an entertainer, and sometimes he says things for effect. But, what he said today makes sense to me and I agree. Rush observed that the Clintons and Bushes are nearly family. They have strong ties to each other. Given that relationship, it's not surprising to note that there is very little difference between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton, in terms of how each would govern as president.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I happened to catch a little bit of Rush today. I realize he's an entertainer, and sometimes he says things for effect. But, what he said today makes sense to me and I agree. Rush observed that the Clintons and Bushes are nearly family. They have strong ties to each other. Given that relationship, it's not surprising to note that there is very little difference between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton, in terms of how each would govern as president.

Excellent observation!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

At least Jeb isn't going to lie about his position.  Without knowing the details, I'm against it if it includes a path to being able to vote.  That said,  I wouldn't mind a reasoned debate during the primaries on how to deal with the millions of illegals in the USA.  "Deport them" isn't a real world solution.   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:25:21 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
At least Jeb isn't going to lie about his position.  I wouldn't mind a reasoned debate during the primaries on how to deal with the millions of illegals in the USA.  "Deport them" isn't a real world solution.

We don't have to deport them! If we simply take away the magnets that are drawing them here in the first place they will go home of their accord.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

We don't have to deport them! If we simply take away the magnets that are drawing them here in the first place they will go home of their accord.

What are the magnets drawing them here since the early 1980s?  How do you erase 30-some years of societal magnets?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:27:20 am by Carling »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What are the magnets drawing them here since the early 1980s?  How do you erase 30-some years of societal magnets?

Welfare checks, free education for their children, jobs, anchor babies ... The list is very long! 30 years if a very short time in the grand scheme of things and the effects will erase themselves over time once the proper policies are put in place.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

Welfare checks, free education for their children, jobs, anchor babies ... The list is very long! 30 years if a very short time in the grand scheme of things and the effects will erase themselves over time once the proper policies are put in place.

It's not going to happen as you wish it would happen.  The question is what to do with those who are already here?  It's a tough issue to deal with, because the problem has been punted for a long time. 

Offline aligncare

Service and construction industries rely on cheap, illegal labor. And consumers have come to expect low-cost for things like home repairs, car wash and lawn care.

Those workers show up on time, work hard and cost less than the abysmal, expensive, indigenous labor force. Sad, really. It seems the only industry that can really afford home grown workers is government. And we all know how inexpensive and efficient government is. (Really? Do I need to sarc tag that last line?)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's not going to happen as you wish it would happen.  The question is what to do with those who are already here?  It's a tough issue to deal with, because the problem has been punted for a long time.

We shall see I suppose.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

That is precisely the problem. 

Offline Relic

It seems that this always boils down to a single solution... that one side claims the other side wants.

"Deport everyone" - that one really irritates me. I have not seen, nor heard anyone, anywhere, advocate mass deportation.
"Amnesty for all illegals" - Even the far left doesn't give voice to that, even if it is what they desire.

There is no single solution. But, it's not rocket science either. As Bigun says, turn off the magnet. Make the punishment severe for hiring illegals. Erect some sort of fence. Dry up the benefits to illegals. Most of those that are here, are here. We can debate what criteria we can use to qualify for citizenship, or benefits, or some form of purgatory, but those that are here aren't going anywhere.

Offline MACVSOG68

It seems that this always boils down to a single solution... that one side claims the other side wants.

"Deport everyone" - that one really irritates me. I have not seen, nor heard anyone, anywhere, advocate mass deportation.
"Amnesty for all illegals" - Even the far left doesn't give voice to that, even if it is what they desire.

There is no single solution. But, it's not rocket science either. As Bigun says, turn off the magnet. Make the punishment severe for hiring illegals. Erect some sort of fence. Dry up the benefits to illegals. Most of those that are here, are here. We can debate what criteria we can use to qualify for citizenship, or benefits, or some form of purgatory, but those that are here aren't going anywhere.

I agree with you, they aren't going anywhere, especially now after Obama's executive action.  But what you called for in your post is what was in the Senate comprehensive immigration bill that passed with 2/3 of the senators last year.  And it was an even better package (for conservatives) in 2007, but was killed by Republicans who stopped cloture.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Relic

I agree with you, they aren't going anywhere, especially now after Obama's executive action.  But what you called for in your post is what was in the Senate comprehensive immigration bill that passed with 2/3 of the senators last year.  And it was an even better package (for conservatives) in 2007, but was killed by Republicans who stopped cloture.

There is a lot of fear mongering, and misinformation. (See my post about the default position the two sides assume about the each other).

Any reform is called amnesty. While I do understand that the laws on the books should be sufficient, and I do know that the Democrat Congress pulled a fast one on Reagan in the last "reform", I know reform is required. It's required because the useless self-serving whores in Washington wouldn't do anything that they couldn't take credit for, or blame someone for.

Offline MACVSOG68

There is a lot of fear mongering, and misinformation. (See my post about the default position the two sides assume about the each other).

Any reform is called amnesty. While I do understand that the laws on the books should be sufficient, and I do know that the Democrat Congress pulled a fast one on Reagan in the last "reform", I know reform is required. It's required because the useless self-serving whores in Washington wouldn't do anything that they couldn't take credit for, or blame someone for.

Can't argue that with you at all.  And I don't know if there will ever be real comprehensive legislation that takes care of every pet concern, but since Homeland Security funding is only thru February, some serious debates on immigration are bound to surface in Washington. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!