Author Topic: Pakistan Lifts Death Penalty Ban After Massacre  (Read 445 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Pakistan Lifts Death Penalty Ban After Massacre
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:56:33 am »
The Pakistani Prime Minister has lifted a ban on the death penalty in terrorism cases after Taliban gunmen killed 132 children and nine teachers at a school in Peshawar.

Three days of mourning have begun after the country suffered its deadliest terror attack which saw nine men storm the army-run school while around 500 children and teachers were believed to be inside.

Tehreek-e-Taliban insurgents moved from room to room during the eight hour attack in what is believed to have been an act of revenge for a major military offensive in the region.

In the wake of the mass shooting, a drone strike in Afghanistan is reported to have killed 11 militants including four Pakistan Taliban.

Meanwhile, a suicide attack and gunfight are ongoing at a bank branch in Helmand.

Funerals of many of the victims of the Pakistan massacre have already taken place with the rest to follow later.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif described the attack as a "national tragedy unleashed by savages".

"These were my children. This is my loss. This is the nation's loss."

Teenage survivor Shahrukh Khan, who ducked below his desk with classmates when four gunmen burst into their room, described how he played dead after being shot in both legs, stuffing his tie into his mouth to stifle his screams.

Read more: http://news.sky.com/story/1393201/pakistan-lifts-death-penalty-ban-after-massacre
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pakistan Lifts Death Penalty Ban After Massacre
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 03:17:33 am »
[[ The Pakistani Prime Minister has lifted a ban on the death penalty in terrorism cases after Taliban gunmen killed 132 children and nine teachers at a school in Peshawar. ]]

At least one of them has a little common sense...