Author Topic: New Member Hello from ASG......Chris Christie Makes the Right Presidental Steps  (Read 1509 times)

Offline ChrisChristie4Pres

• Alpha Strategy Group
Chris Christie Makes the Right Presidental Steps

Why Chris Christie's run for President seems more secure, despite the pension mess. He didn't raise taxes. No one runs for higher office on a plan to raise taxes. It just does not happen. Raising taxes is like the end all to a political campaign. Once the adds start rolling, in the dark grey tones and the ominous, foreboding voice comes over the television set. "Raised taxes x number of times" the voters start to calculate what's in their pocket book. And in these trying economic times, whatever it is, it is not enough.

Democrats really tried to force his hand, and he returned the favor. Proving to the GOP, who is the stronger leader. Politics is often about compromise. Everyone touts their ability to compromise when compromising is in his/her favour, nevertheless, taking credit for a victory hard fought is equally as important. In this case, the winners are the people who live in New Jersey. Millionaires or not, they are still members of the public. And personally, I rather them stay in the State than relocate elsewhere.

Democrats do scheme against what they want the public to perceive is the ruling class. The truth of the matter is, government regulates industry and not vice-versa. A person making $500,000 a year is as much liable to the rules and regulations as are the rest of us making a lot less. It's easy to forget that over all the media hype, and mudslinging that usually ends up as fodder for the press. Raising the rate on them, puts their lively hood in as much jeopardy as it does the less affluent.

The policy side of the Democratic argument is what does not make sense to me. In a time when the Federal Reserve is promoting an easy money policy, they, New Jersey Democrats, are advocating siphoning that away from the private sector. They have encountered so many failed attempts in the past, that this time it was neither a shock, nor was it a surprise when their economic solution was to raise more taxes. More taxes means less money to spend on products and services. They raised it before Christie got into office, and the revenue numbers still came up short. I wonder if repealing it might do the trick?

If I were a small business say custom furniture, a caterer, a waitress, or a home painting or remodeling business; which would I prefer: a wealthy client, or a politician with a big fat pay check. I would take the rich client.
If Democrats had their way they would take it out of the poor guys pay check to pad themselves, and they have. Sweeney's Paid Family Leave didn't come from big business, it didn't come from corporate sponsorships, it came right out of the poor guy earning minimum wage's paycheck, whether he/she uses it or not. That's how clueless they are.

http://tinyurl.com/kk8g2jh
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:50:48 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: New Member Hello from ASG
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »
Welcome to TBR...moved this to Opinions...

Not sure how many Christie fans we have here but I guess we will find out..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

• Alpha Strategy Group
Not everyone is man enough for his brand of honest politics. I am sure to meet a few critics

Offline aligncare

Well, if it's Jeb Bush or Chris Christie, I'm a Christieite. But, my druthers is otherwise.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry - I just don't trust very fat people. It implies a certain level of carelessness.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry - I just don't trust very fat people. It implies a certain level of carelessness.

Really?...EC I'm surprised at you...I don't know Christie's case but some fat people are overweight through no fault of their own....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Really?...EC I'm surprised at you...I don't know Christie's case but some fat people are overweight through no fault of their own....

True.

However, people who are massively overweight through no fault of their own don't have lap band surgery, as it is ineffective if not downright dangerous for them.

It's as good a reason to dislike him as any.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
True.

However, people who are massively overweight through no fault of their own don't have lap band surgery, as it is ineffective if not downright dangerous for them.

I have a friend with over 25 years sober, genius in several aspects, but he was just very big. He had the surgery. I believe he was both genetically shall we say a large guy, and had a propensity to eat too much (since he was stuck fat).

Anyway he is still the same guy, but without the life-threatening physical condition.

I have regard for him for risking the surgery. BTW his diabetic condition disappeared with the surgery.  Would I vote for him or not, based on his partial genetic predisposition to obesity? No.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 01:11:17 am »
Welcome to TBR...moved this to Opinions...

Not sure how many Christie fans we have here but I guess we will find out..lol

If Jeb Bush or Chris Christie wind up being the GOP nominee in 2016 the party will find itself consigned to the dust bin of history!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Given Christies love affair with BO and Bushes love of open borders, I will just stay home....

• Alpha Strategy Group

Are you really trying to say you don't trust Santa Clause, that's Obamanible   :whistle:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:46:27 pm »
If Jeb Bush or Chris Christie wind up being the GOP nominee in 2016 the party will find itself consigned to the dust bin of history!
Like the party was consigned to the dust bin of history after candidates Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Bush I and Bush II?

If Bush or Christie got the nomination and went on to win, the country and the party would be better for it than with the democrat.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Like the party was consigned to the dust bin of history after candidates Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Bush I and Bush II?

If Bush or Christie got the nomination and went on to win, the country and the party would be better for it than with the democrat.

Or like the GOP was consigned to the dust bin of history after the 2008 elections:  there was serious consensus that the GOP would be a minority party for at least a generation.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'll be honest—I don't like the guy. Too cozy with Obama, and I'd say he probably threw the election in Obama's favor with his stunt following Sandy. Of course, I have pretty tough standards.

But as long as you're respectful, welcome. Debate gets vigorous here, so be forewarned.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:03:52 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MACVSOG68

Given Christies love affair with BO and Bushes love of open borders, I will just stay home....

Do you have a link to Jeb Bush's love of open borders?  I never heard that.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Lando Lincoln

Reason?  Sometimes all you need is a perception!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline PzLdr

Well, if it's Jeb Bush or Chris Christie, I'm a Christieite. But, my druthers is otherwise.

Well, if it's Jeb Bush or Chris Christie, I pass.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee